derailments in ur town?

texasmade

i was just wondering if theres been any real bad derailments in ur part of town? In my town this past year we had 6 derailments 2 of them

had casualties due to the acid. that shit kinda scares me cuz i work

behind a line and live near a major yard.i was just curious if this kinda stuff happens alot in other towns cuz comn 6 in one year.

UNION PACIFIC says there doing there best to keep these things from happening ..................holla!!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nothing as serious as crashin' cars flames and death...but for years before ns fixed the spur....right beside where i work cars would jump off the track...i've seen em come off while there bookin 45 mph...couplers come undone from the jolt of the spur ghost cars rollin by ya with no engine is some funny but scary ass shit.....i've also taken advantage of those situations....streakin and such....i'm waitin 4 it to happen while i'm workin so i can break out the air sprayer and bust some ragged end to ends seconds flat.

One happened right by my house a few months ago. It wasn't horrible but it was weird because almost exactly a year(give or take a few days) before that, in the exact same spot where most of the train flipped over, someone killed themself probably a coincidence.....

• 2 weeks later...

there was just a collision with a Rail Grinder & A BNSF stack train,

caught on the TRAINS WEB CAM.

there was nike shoes & team gear Everywhere!!

Collision ties up UP-BNSF diamonds at Rochelle, Ill.

ROCHELLE, Ill. - A Union Pacific rail-grinding machine working west through town on the north mainline track struck an eastbound BNSF intermodal train at the busy diamond crossing about 7:45 p.m. Friday. The collision tied up both UP’s Geneva Subdivision, its main line linking Chicago to Omaha and points west, and BNSF’s Aurora Subdivision, a.k.a. “the C&I,” its main line linking Chicago and Minneapolis-St. Paul and points west.

No rolling stock derailed, although some containers on the BNSF train — symboled Z-SSECH-8-09 and bound from South Seattle, Wash., to Chicago — were ripped open, their contents spilling out along the right-of-way. There were no reported injuries or hazmat concerns.

Both railroads were reopened early Saturday morning, but the Rochelle Railroad Park, a city-owned public viewing area east of the diamonds that is normally open 24/7, was closed during the day to allow clean-up activities to be finished. The views below of the incident are from the TrainsMag.com Web Cam, which is mounted on the roof of the pavilion in the city park; the illumination is from lights on the rail-grinding machine.

The incident is under investigation by both railroads. Rochelle is 75 miles west of downtown Chicago via the UP and 83 miles via the BNSF.

746.jpg

747.jpg

748.jpg

• 2 years later...

Every once in a while derailments occur here, I've seen a grainer on its side ride off a poorly maintained shortline track near my old house, I've got flix of a Golden West and UP box derailed and drilled into the ground near one of the yards in Atlanta...I've also seen RJ Corman's rerail crew working on getting some cars straightened out as well.

We had a good one a few months ago. BNSF lost control of 30+ cars and combined asphalt and concentrated Coors beer (which smells like shit, fwiw) at high velocity.

511306329_6de8b229fe.jpg

511303664_f0c6f3f450.jpg

511302542_8a5db69267.jpg

511281570_0cf9d28179.jpg

511303759_f894a25a04.jpg

Something interesting I learned because of this accident. If you want real "Rocky Mountain Spring Water" Coors beer, you have to buy it in Colorado. If you're drinking it out east, you're getting pure Virginia well water. Mmmmm.

Now the engine is just sitting there, mangled under a bridge.

1172333897_cd0ba1cea6.jpg

down by the anacostia river bridge in dc.

bridge was under maintenance or something and was closed. the train rolled out of the yard because the driver forgot to put the breaks on or something and 2 or 3 cars fell in the river. i think they said 2 tons of coal fell in the river.

this wasn't too long ago either.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never been on a passenger train... I hop freights. Freight trains derail pretty often. Its not always a fuckin catastrophe but still..its not something I like to think about. I've been on 2 trains I really thought were going to derail because they were shaking so bad. Its intense. Ha.

if its any reassurance, it happens very rarely with passenger trains. switching is when most derailments occur, as you can see in this thread. The rare time a passenger train derails its usually the result of a collision, or some sort of maintenance related mishap.