Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

derailments in ur town?

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by texasmade, Mar 2, 2005.

1. texasmade

texasmade Member

i was just wondering if theres been any real bad derailments in ur part of town? In my town this past year we had 6 derailments 2 of them
    had casualties due to the acid. that shit kinda scares me cuz i work
    behind a line and live near a major yard.i was just curious if this kinda stuff happens alot in other towns cuz comn 6 in one year.
    UNION PACIFIC says there doing there best to keep these things from happening ..................holla!!!!!

2. vptonbing

vptonbing Member

only one this year, and it was 20 miles away

3. ghostvandal

ghostvandal Senior Member

we had 2 the same day.. a month ago

4. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

ive seen 2 in the last 5 years in an around my city. Both were skeleton cars that werent equally loaded and tipped over going around a curve . nothin serious

5. kingofshame

kingofshame New Jack

nothing as serious as crashin' cars flames and death...but for years before ns fixed the spur....right beside where i work cars would jump off the track...i've seen em come off while there bookin 45 mph...couplers come undone from the jolt of the spur ghost cars rollin by ya with no engine is some funny but scary ass shit.....i've also taken advantage of those situations....streakin and such....i'm waitin 4 it to happen while i'm workin so i can break out the air sprayer and bust some ragged end to ends seconds flat.

6. useurname

useurname Member

One happened right by my house a few months ago. It wasn't horrible but it was weird because almost exactly a year(give or take a few days) before that, in the exact same spot where most of the train flipped over, someone killed themself probably a coincidence.....

7. iloveyoursister

iloveyoursister Senior Member

There was a line of coalcars that came off the line not too far away from here, Nobody got hurt though.

And a few years ago now a passengertrain came off the line, again nobody died but some got injured quite bad.

8. ghostvandal

ghostvandal Senior Member

a derailment on the qgry line apparently happened today..but i kinda missed it the news..fuck

9. B.anthracis

B.anthracis Member

Saw one yesterday, I dunno if anyone was hurt.
    It was just a few hoppers on their side
    with 20 werkers do sumthing to the trax.
    I got a few pix too.

10. ArtistikFunk

ArtistikFunk Senior Member

there was just a collision with a Rail Grinder & A BNSF stack train,
    caught on the TRAINS WEB CAM.

there was nike shoes & team gear Everywhere!!

Collision ties up UP-BNSF diamonds at Rochelle, Ill.

ROCHELLE, Ill. - A Union Pacific rail-grinding machine working west through town on the north mainline track struck an eastbound BNSF intermodal train at the busy diamond crossing about 7:45 p.m. Friday. The collision tied up both UP’s Geneva Subdivision, its main line linking Chicago to Omaha and points west, and BNSF’s Aurora Subdivision, a.k.a. “the C&I,” its main line linking Chicago and Minneapolis-St. Paul and points west.

No rolling stock derailed, although some containers on the BNSF train — symboled Z-SSECH-8-09 and bound from South Seattle, Wash., to Chicago — were ripped open, their contents spilling out along the right-of-way. There were no reported injuries or hazmat concerns.

Both railroads were reopened early Saturday morning, but the Rochelle Railroad Park, a city-owned public viewing area east of the diamonds that is normally open 24/7, was closed during the day to allow clean-up activities to be finished. The views below of the incident are from the TrainsMag.com Web Cam, which is mounted on the roof of the pavilion in the city park; the illumination is from lights on the rail-grinding machine.

The incident is under investigation by both railroads. Rochelle is 75 miles west of downtown Chicago via the UP and 83 miles via the BNSF.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Locofanclub

Locofanclub Veteran Member

Anyone got any yard derailed shots? Nasty mangled wheel-less freights or commuters.

12. Bosco

Bosco Member

Every once in a while derailments occur here, I've seen a grainer on its side ride off a poorly maintained shortline track near my old house, I've got flix of a Golden West and UP box derailed and drilled into the ground near one of the yards in Atlanta...I've also seen RJ Corman's rerail crew working on getting some cars straightened out as well.

13. Father Guido Sarducci

Father Guido Sarducci Junior Member

We had a good one a few months ago. BNSF lost control of 30+ cars and combined asphalt and concentrated Coors beer (which smells like shit, fwiw) at high velocity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something interesting I learned because of this accident. If you want real "Rocky Mountain Spring Water" Coors beer, you have to buy it in Colorado. If you're drinking it out east, you're getting pure Virginia well water. Mmmmm.

Now the engine is just sitting there, mangled under a bridge.

[​IMG]

14. Father Guido Sarducci

Father Guido Sarducci Junior Member

^^^^ That happened in Denver, by the way.

15. vroomvroomREV!

vroomvroomREV! New Jack

down by the anacostia river bridge in dc.

bridge was under maintenance or something and was closed. the train rolled out of the yard because the driver forgot to put the breaks on or something and 2 or 3 cars fell in the river. i think they said 2 tons of coal fell in the river.

this wasn't too long ago either.