Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

depression... inspired by chickenbone

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by META, Dec 4, 2001.

1. META

META New Jack

i thought i would start a new thread because chickenbone said his situation was resolved. that rules man! but that still leaves the rest of us with shit on our backs. i have had lots of experiences with suicide. my mom tried to kill herself multiple times, my best friends mom killed herself, my pseudo-girlfriend almost killed herself till i talked her out of it... and then there is me. 3 attempts and counting. ive been thru some hard fucking times. im not saying all this to try to get people to feel bad for me, but i wrestle with this shit everyday and a GOOD amount of the time i seriously want to die. i know that its stupid and its a really weak thing to do, but when i get in those moods, none of that logic means shit. its been a week since i hurt myself but thats just because people started noticing. i have to go to a shrink once a week. i figure if im going to try to end it again, id better not fuck it up because there would be consequences- probly hospitalization, and its attributed shame and guilt. i dont know why im writing this. i guess its because i dont like attention from people who know me, but on here were all equals, and we dont have to look eachother in the eyes.

2. GorbortOrman

GorbortOrman Guest

I've thought about it alot. I would go for a gun, if there was no gun, I'd try and find pills to O.D. on, but im in a happy state right now. Usually I get depressed in the winter...

3. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

chemicals cured my depression, or so it seems for the last two months.

life is fun

4. I would, of course, choose death by boogie hands, but it appears not to be an option on your list. Beer,

El Mamerro

5. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

brain death by prozac....the story of my life....

6. usedtolove

usedtolove New Jack

"it aint no secret im depressed,been that way since biggie caught bullets in the flesh" true boogie

i would go with the gun..seems like the most logical choice

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

fuck a gun.. that's like a sucka.
    go for the building.. you get a thrill. and you get to fuck w/ madd people... do it during rush hour, and hold up madd cats.. they'll be all pissy and complaining, and then feel like chumps cause you're dead.

or carbon monoxide.... just fall asleep and never wake up.

but chemicals dont cure depression... simply the symptoms

8. META

META New Jack

so true.

9. imported_splint2

imported_splint2 Senior Member

my closest cousin commited suicide. this soon led to me attempting it a couple times, usually with the blade or pills

Vanity has it right on

10. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

i might spark a whole lot of controversy here, andI don't mean to trivialize real experiences, buttt.....
    how do you "try" to commit suicide. I think if I REALLY wanted to die, I would just die, and i don't see how hard it is to do that. Every time I walk into the street I could choose to die and throw myself into a car or something....
    it just SEEMS to frinky that unless you don't really really want to die, like you have doubts, then it shouldn't be that hard to kill yourself.
    just a thought.
    enlighten me and prove me wrong.

11. META

META New Jack

re: frink

when i have tried in the past i cut myself pretty deep, but not deep enough i guess. i bleed for a few hours but it didnt kill me, and i was too afraid of going to the hospital. i guess i could have just kept going deeper and deeper, but you get to this weird numb mindset that i cant explain. then i just passed out.

...so you wake up and pull your collar up to face the cold again.
    pray it was all a dream maybe. i dunno. i guess im just weak.

goddamn this voice in my head-- nin

12. imported_splint2

imported_splint2 Senior Member

well frink...mine is sort of like demos situation. i would slit my wrists, vertical, horizontal, whatever and just go to a place where i thought people would never look. luckily, my girl friend at that time cared a whole lot, and would always check up on me, right in the middle of bleeding all over and and almost passed out from prescription medicine.

though, it would be a lie to say that i didnt have any doubts, of course i did, but i didnt act on the doubts, and allowed stuff to go further...i was fucked, as of no i still am to a degree, and realize i was wrong.

13. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

aaaahhhh...but thats the best part!!! im chemically dependant until the day because of something i was born with!!! thats awesome!!!:)

god....just thinking about the concept of that makes me want to shoot myself....

not really but still....

14. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

i feel the need to clear somthing up. i dont have any disorders or anything that causes me to be depressed, just went threw some hard times, and friends and controled drug abuse helped me straighten my shit out.

15. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

like i said, i didn't mean to disrespect or trivialize anyones problems. But do you guys understand what I mean? Thanks for sharing your stories....