Demonstrative Speeches

B_As_In_Bot

Has anyone here ever taken a Public Address class? I have a demonstratvie speech coming up soon but I dont know what to demonstrate. For those of you who dont know a demonstrative speech must inform the audiance on how to do something. Keep in mind that it only has to be like 4 mins long. My suggestions so far:

How to charge a mohawk (in other words, "putting one up")

I can bring shit in, so it wouldnt be hard, just a little blowdrying..

..other then that im fuckin' stumped. Any input?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest MR BOJANGLES

i would do something silly like demonstrating the wheel, or fire...for real. i like to be a clown sometimes. 4 minutes isnt long enough for anything. do a crash course on graffiti or something

back in my toyish days i did a demonstrative speech on piecing...i regret it so terribly bad....im extra extra secretive on my status as a writer now, so i would not recommend ever doing a graffiti speech, instead i should have givin a demonstrative speech on baking cookies or something.....i am excellent at baking from scratch....

aaaaah.. some guy in my class last semester showed us all how to make some nice drinks... he was up there mixing all kinds of stuff... which he claimed were for demonstration purposes only.. and that none of his prompts contained the actual stuff in them....

the professor was pretty cool about it- - but he did mention it was inappropriate... so i dont recommend it...

blah... it was unforgettable....

you should demonstrate how to -- o boy i forgot the word for it...

so i'll explain -- how to make a paper crane or something of that nature...its easy and you can get the whole class to follow along.....

o.k now i remember the word now.. i had to think about it for 2secs...

origami!!!

and if you dont know how to do that- there are alot of sites with instructions and get to practice!!

edited for input....

Archived