deftones

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

Who here likes the deftones? They are easily my favorite band. I saw them last tuesday, they were fucking amazing. I got backstage and had few drinks with them they are rather nice guys, all chino drinks is lemon/lime gadorade mixed with vodka, it's great. They gave me a free white pony cd, which confused the hell out of me, I brought them the liners of all their CDs to sign, and they gave me a free CD, which I already owen. It was still cool as hell. I gave them a lot of my stickers. All together, they were awesome on and off stage.

Puddle of Mudd opened for them, Puddle of Mudd need to change their name to: Puddle of We Suck.

Then Godsmack played after them, I left for godsmack, godsmack aren't that great in my opinion and I hate rednecks, and the only people wearing godsmack shirts were rednecks.

But anyway, Did you like White Pony? I think it's amazing. I think I only know a few people that like it, as far as I am concerned a good 60% of fans hate it, at the show they opened with Damone and then played a few other songs from aroudn the fur and chino said, "Anybody feel like white pony?" and he got booed. They only played like two or three songs from white pony. Not many people like it because they are used to: deftones=angry. White pony is a very chill cd.

Sorry for the long post ....

------------------

SLAP BRACLETS FOR THE 2K1!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah yeah . i've seen deftones live with incubus and tap root. Tones'are awesome. Our show they played most of white pony. Which i think its a fucking awesome album.

hell, they performed Teenager live, which i think is, like one of the best songs in teh world.....wen he sang it live everyone was mad emotional including me. im a sucker for that.

But.....otherwise BUMP, Deftones are amazing, and white pony is definaetly a awesome piece of music. White pony didn't do alot of help wen i was depressed tho.

God smack do suck ass and so do puddle of turd.

viva la musiica rock

fuck the rest of the fans, white pony is a fuckin great album. i didn't realize so many people didn't like it. of the 7 people i know, the ones that listen to deftones all love it.

i didn't catch them this tour cause i couldn't deal with godsmack, not to mention me not having $35 or however much they were for amphitheater tix here. i saw them a few years ago though in a club and that was a great show.

I'm not really a fan of heavy music, but I love the deftones. Them and Incubus are probably the two heavy rock bands I like. And Weezer, but they're not really.....

.....whatever. Fuck it. For real though, White Pony was great. It was the first album of their's I bought. So I haven't been with them since the beginning. But they still kick ass. I heard Chino is like one of the nicest people in the world. Must have been cool to meet him.

i liked white pony alot. it was my first deftones album. prior to that i always thought they were a shitty rap/rock band so i blew them off. then i heard the maynard/deftones song an i was hooked. as we speak im listening to 'adrenaline' for the first time. pretty dope. im a fan of angry, yet also in appreciation of chill. they're a nice blend. im a fan.

if you where to see me you would say ,"That is one fat muthafucka" but besides that you would notice i dress stricly hip hop, phat farm , platinum fubu , etc...And i mostly act like it too, but I do love the tones, only rock/metal type shit i respect and like,(fuck Limp Biskit) . Chino's lyrics are fuckin tyte as fuck(stop I'm drunk

but I'm off my knees

the police stopped chasing

I'm her new cool meat

she pops the trunk

and she removes me

and a machine that takes

pictures of us

now my jaw and my teeth hurt

I'm choking from gnawing on the ball

and just before I come to move to

the back of the car she makes me

touch the machine

new murderer

first untie me

untie me for now

you said you would, right?

and you were right

(soon I'll let you go)

soon this will be all over

well I hope soon

she sang

so she sang)

, no doubt bout that shit.

Basically , Tyte song list:

Feiticeira

Digital Bath

Elite

er...you know what , the whole white pony album is tyte..

Teething

Bored

My Own Summer

7 Werds

Be Quiet and Drive

and all Acoustics.

Deftones has to be the best live rock shows I have seen. After a song like Teething I was a little let down by White Pony but whatever- those dudes are fucking sick.

sorry to be the hater here, but i went to their show a few years back to see Quicksand play first. after the first two songs into the deftones set, i was painfully bored and was forced to leave for the sake of my ears. wasn't just me, all my friende were feeling the same. maybe we're all just jaded hardcore kids.

I love the Deftones. I have since Adrenaline came out....'95ish..I have never made it to a show, sadly....I don't know any of the song names....

I LOVE white pony....the seventh song is ill....I want to pick up Anger, but can't find the fucker anywhere...if anyone has it and would be willing to burn it for me, I would really appreciate it..

the show i saw was on that same tour with quicksand and pitchshifter.. i wasn't really paying attention during quicksand or pitchshifter cause i was there soley for deftones, but man.. that show was a saturday night and the ringing in my ears didn't go away until wednesday. that was the loudest show i've gone to. and being the nice guy i gave my earplugs to my girl at the time. that fuckin bitch. oh well. my fault.

we got to meet them before the show, but didn't get to chill with them. chino was pissed about something happening inside and didn't really talk for long. but i asked chi and stef if they were gonna play can't even breathe that night, they were like "we'll see about that one." then they went inside to soundcheck and they played it for soundcheck. i didn't get to see it live, but hearing it suited me just fine.

Bump, godsmack suck.

Today was the first day of school. everyone was like, "So, you go to any shows over the summer worth mentioning?" "Yeah, I went to see Deftones, they were amazing." "Oh really? it must be great seeing godsmack!" "Umm..I left for godsmack." "Well Fuck off, deftones suck."

------------------

SLAP BRACLETS FOR THE 2K1!

• 2 years later...

Holy crap this thread is old.

Ahh so last year when the self titled came out I probably listened to the first 5 tracks and deemed it chock full of suck. The other day I went to put the first five tracks on my iPod and gave the rest of the cd a listen and became a huge fan.

They still are amazing and they still are probably one of my favorite bands.

edit: I'm mildly retarded.

of the bands I listened in 96-98 the only 2 that I can still listen are deftones and helmet. and helmet probably because they broke up and didn't make any new albums. all the other shit became hideous. I used to like korn and even limp bizkit for a very short time until their second album came out and I found out about better music

white pony was the last deftones album I bought. It was allright.

If you like old aggressive deftones, and dont mind even more aggressive music you should check out old Vision of disorder, the "Still" EP

Archived