Defective can of paint

BlueStreaks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^ that is ridiculous. [the rusto high pressure thing]

i only use rusto. for everything, including outlines

and in my experience, euro paints are under higher pressure.

and i also use stock tips.

anyway, check out the valve where you are putting the cap in.

sometimes, the 'neck' part of a cap gets broken off inside the valve when you pop off the top of the can.

if that has happened, you can use something extremely sharp and pointy to try to stab it and fish it out. (like a safety pin)

DO NOT DO THIS INDOORS.

you may accidentally press the broken cap down into the can with the pin if you aren't careful, thus resulting in a wild and uncontrollable massive mist of paint everywhere, including in your face.

if you are careful and patient, you can stab the piece and slowly pull it free.

then the can should be good to go again.

this may sound odd, but due to a strange coincidence, whenever i get rusto, which is more seldom than i'd like, i always have used rusto fats. with that said, the question i pose to you is this: do other caps leak on rusto, like i've heard?

Originally posted by GnomeToys

I've got a can of ultraflat black at home that is shooting out a silly-string like stream of paint, and I don't know why. I'm going to keep it because I figure it should be good for something, just not sure what yet.

Have you shaken it good? i had a can of montana which did something like that and i shook it for a couple of minutes and it worked fine after that.

sounds like the valve is shot. it can happen to old cans of paint. especially if you dont store them with a cap on the can.

i have never seen it happen to rust-o-leum though. i have had to trash countless krylon cans due to busted up valves.

at this point there isnt really anythig you can do to save the defective can.

just remember to keep a cap in all your cans while not in use.

Originally posted by paint trains

Have you shaken it good? i had a can of montana which did something like that and i shook it for a couple of minutes and it worked fine after that.

Shook it for about a minute... I'll probably just find some other project to use it for if it doesn't start working the next time I try it.

...you people are pretty stupid...you would think that after one experience you would realize that the caps don't work on rusto...but no...instead you think that your cans of paint are messed up...there's a reason why 'rusto' fats have their name...and incase you haven't ever noticed, all cans of paint come with free caps, you can always just use those...

Archived