Def Jux show - San Diego

Guest SoCalBomber

Guest SoCalBomber

Just got back from this show thought i'd post up a quick review.

First Copywrite and Cage came out, it was kinda hard to hear em at times, there were technical problems all night, but they put up a tight set. Being from ohio i enjoy some of copywrite's lines (O-H-I-O no place like home, everywhere i go i relocate my throne...). I wasn't real impressed by cage, but it's the first i've really heard his stuff, it may grow on me. Copywrite throws mostly punchline battle type rhymes, but he pulls it off pretty well.

RJD2's set was really nice, he did a bunch of songs from Deadringer plus a few others i didn't recognize, but the crowd was feelin it. Deadringer is probably be best album i've heard all year by the way, don't sleep on this guy!

Mr. Lif and El-P fuckin ripped it up, the crowd was hype and they seemed to be havin a lot of fun, good shit. El-P and Lif both threw an accapella which was nice to hear. They even did a little "pose off" to see who was the flyest, it was pretty funny. overall a great performance. I talked to lif for a minute after the show and he signed my album for me, really nice guy, needs to work on his handsyle though, haha. Good times, good times.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived