Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Decent Bikes For $300

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Jan 9, 2003.

1. I'm hoping for the bicicletas crew to see this,
    i wanna buy a pedalpusher, max price $300
    A friend is selling me his cause his knee got fucked,
    i'll post some flicks in the next week.
    In the meantime, i would like to hear some
    suggestions

2. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

3. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

http://www.toyandtrain.com/bigwheel.jpg'>
    this thing rips.....and the chicks love it.

(sorry i dont know much about buying real bikes)

4. haha, uncle boy, thats a dope trio of wheels there..full dpc style, i already have one, i just need something less flashy for everyday movement.

5. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

there might be a nice bike for a great price on boogie hands' porch, depending on how the arguement went.

6. If she won, you can steal his bike,
    If he won, you can steal his girl......:)

I'm in Europe though, so skip that shit and leave boogie alone,
    be serious people

7. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

Tesseract, what kinda bike are you looking for...road, mountain or best of both worlds?

8. My plan is to use it on free time, mostly weekends, take it on the mountain and ride...Athens is an uphill/downhill city with mad drivers and dangerous air pollution...i want a mountain bike..not really hardcore though

9. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

10. SteveAustin

I'd look for a used Gary Fisher. I don't recall Fisher ever putting out a bad hardtail. Component wise, (Shimano) XTR is the best, followed by XT, then LX and after that alivio or something like that.

Steel bikes are going to have a nicer ride, but aluminum tends to be a bit lighter but is a bit stiffer. Titanium is the complete shit, but its pretty expensive. Check out E-bay and try to get your hands on an old Bontrager. Those bikes are just bad ass. I've seen frames go for around $200 and bikes sometimes go in the $300-400 range. MTBR.com has lots of reviews on bikes and a classified page as well. Check it out and lemme know if you have any questions.

11. SteveAustin

Surly makes an absolutely bad ass inexpensive flip flop hub. On the European side I believe Planet X is putting out some good inexpensive stuff as well.

12. Steve, thanx man...good info to start with..i'll check that stuff
    When i get some info on that bike that friend is selling to me for 300$
    i'll email it to you if you dont mind...i hate buying stuff i dunno about.

13. exhibitone

exhibitone Guest

I ONCE BOUGHT A NICE ONE FOR

FREE

14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.ogrish.com/images/hands3.jpg'>
    West side
    East side

15. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

getting a new bike