Dear American Idol,

Dirty_habiT

Die. This is such a terrible idea for a show, it makes me sick.

My little brother brought up a very interesting point to me the other day..... The people that run this show search out and pick contestants. Then they put them through all this crap, and make a big show about it. They find out who has the best voice, by getting votes from the public. So then when said person wins, they get all these record deals and start making "garaunteed to sell" music. And they make more money, mwuhahahahahaha. What kind of shit is that? It's a big fucking scam..... barf! This show is right up there on my list with "Who wants to be a millionaire," "Survivor," "The weakest link," "Love cruise (or whatever the fuck it's called)...."

Love,

Disfuckingusted Dirty

and Mental Invalid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Fortunately I've been without access to TV since this started, so I haven't even had to flick past it. Just listen to all the fucking idiots at work blabber on endlessly about it. I saw a picture of the winner on the cover of the paper going to work today and she is all that is wrong with the world. Everything about her just made me hate....no clue why....I wanted to fucking punch her out and I know nothing about her.

people like that stuff because they can "relate" to and/ or hate on the people on the show.

on another note that english judje is fucking funny. Hardcore disses on some of the contestants

"do you have a singing coach?

"well, i used to"

"do you have a lawyer?"

"no"

"well get one and sue your coach.That was the most terrible thing i have ever heard. Next!"

It's the entire entertainment industry: Television, Radio, Music, Motion Picture - using their mega-marketing schemes to manufacture and churn out more crap to the foolish American Public. Talent has absolutely zero to do with it.

If anyone ever watched "Boy Band" or "Pop Star" you would start the get the idea.

People watch the show on TV, then they go out and buy the latest CD, then they play it on the radio on heavy rotation, then they make a movie - and then the singer fades away and a new one is "discovered". And all this time - Disney (or Viacom, or Sony) make a gazillion dollars.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

It's amazing, think of how many people are going to go out and buy the cd that whoever won that contest is going to put out.

:puke:

Fucking suckers.

What's worse is when people do it "as a joke". I'm sure most you guys know someone like that...

They sit in front of the tube watching every goddamn crapfest - "because it's fun to make fun of" and it's "fabulous"...

Gay men are notorious for that shit.

Soon enough people won't even know what's 'campy' anymore, they'll just keep getting suckered into wasting their money on bullshit.

Suckers.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by I Luv Roo

Fucking suckers.

What's worse is when people do it "as a joke". I'm sure most you guys know someone like that...

They sit in front of the tube watching every goddamn crapfest - "because it's fun to make fun of" and it's "fabulous"...

Gay men are notorious for that shit.

Soon enough people won't even know what's 'campy' anymore, they'll just keep getting suckered into wasting their money on bullshit.

Suckers.

for real, for real. i used to know a couple of supervegans who are like that. idiots. then they're all anti-globalizationists, knamsaying?

yea so get this...i am lookign for a job, all i want is a job to make some money. so i go to the church of scientology because they are in need of administration help. so i go there, they throw me in front of the tv to watch their "orientation video". basically, the man in the video is saying look at all these stars that choose scientology. if you dont choose scientology, you made your choice in life to fail.

i ran out and didnt call again.

My goodness. I think if I was going to be religious I would have to do it outside of "the house" of God. It just seems to fake... but as to not get too off topic....

Roo: I know what you're talking about, those people that watch the show to make fun of it, are just as loyal viewers as those that are rootin for the contestant from their home town.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Roo: I know what you're talking about, those people that watch the show to make fun of it, are just as loyal viewers as those that are rootin for the contestant from their home town.

yea, my bad for getting off of topic. but i agree as well.

or is it aswell?

who cares.

Archived