Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Dear all you gaytards who think they will get a free ipod

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GamblersGrin, Sep 23, 2004.

1. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

yall are a bunch of suckers like that one dude who did a thread and bought plastic from high school kids.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/gen...yahoo&referrer=

World Trade Press
    Unhappy Customers Slam FreeiPods.com; Owners Blame Apple
    , 09.23.04, 11:52 AM ET

A Web site that gives away free iPod Mini's to customers who participate in promotional offers is being criticized by its customers for failing to get them their promised portable music player and inundating them with additional spam e-mail. The company's owners are defending their service saying they are shipping mini iPods, but that they can't get enough to fill demand from Apple Computer.

freeiPods.com and its parent company, Gratis Internet LLC, told Wired News their business is very successful and that while they are shipping iPods, they can't get enough from Apple.

"The wait is 100 percent due to Apple's manufacturing," said Gratis co-founder Peter Martin. "Apple is on back order. The delay is three weeks plus. They sit in the queue and when it gets to the vendor, it goes out the door."

Consumers who sign up for freeipods.com select from 10 different marketing offers ranging from magazine and newspaper subscriptions to memberships to product clubs. Once the marketing campaign for a products ends - which can last from a few weeks to over a month - Gratis then ships an iPod mini to the customer.

The problem is many customers haven't gotten their free product and are getting few answers from the company. As a result, Gratis is fast becoming the complaint of choice. Wired News reported complaints against Gratis are piling up at the Washington, DC branch of the Better Business Bureau.

Mr. Martin said his company has shipped out more than 4,000 free iPods and has yet to ship a thousand more, awaiting shipments from Apple.

Customers have also reported an increased amount of Spam e-mail since giving their e-mail address to Gratis Internet. Mr. Martin and his partner Rob Jewell denied giving customer e-mail information to third-party companies, but admitted customers do receive a small number of messages from select parties.

"We do withhold the right to send some marketing messages to our users," Mr. Jewell said . "It's not high volume and it's not a big source of revenue for us.... It's something we're upfront and clear about. We warn our users they may get some messages from our marketing partners."

Gratis runs a number of other free product sites, such as FreeCondoms.com, FreeDVDs.com, FreeFlatScreens.com and FreeDesktopPC.com.

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

3. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor Elite Member

so what you're saying is, all those gaytards who think they will get a free ipod....will get a free ipod in a few weeks?

that shit works too, i have three friends who did it and got ipods.

4. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

without a catch

5. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

the company says 4000 people have received them. i wonder how many gaytards are doing this. thousands of thousands at least. and you say 3 of your friends have received them? i bet at least 10 people on here claim to know a few people who have received them.

yeah ok.

and when someone says a few weeks it means never.

6. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

:idea:

this is true.

7. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

this is really true...and i hate it

8. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

wait theres a free flat screen site? Awesome.

9. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

its a stupid idea in the first place.

10. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 Member

seriously though, mans have got to be eejats to fall for this

11. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

Free Canon camera, laptop, i-pod, flatscreen, bla blah fuckin blah

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. NOTHING IS FREE....NOTHING, unless you steal

but thats bad

12. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

even if you do steal, you can still pay the price by going to jail and getting butt raped.

13. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

every ones pays the price sooner or later

14. seppuku

seppuku Member

haha.
    funny you should make this thread. cos i just got mine yesterday.

and i didn't even have to use my credit card.[​IMG]

15. justaname

justaname Member