Daytime Television

HAL

So I'm sitting here watching "Starting Over". For those that don't know, it's a show that features a bunch of women in a house, sappy piano music playing constantly, and a "life coach". The women in the house all have some kind of issue in their lives that they're trying to get over. It's so pathetic it hurts. Right now some blond bitch is carrying around a bowling ball with all her negative thoughts written on it, with a chain around it, and it's supposed to help her get over it.

Ninjas, do yourself a favor and never, ever, ever lose your job and collect unemployment. I'd type more about the subject, but my brain is a pile of mush after watching this shit. I feel like I've lost any cognitive ability. This is the worst show ever devised. I want to die. Don't ever subject yourself to this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

daytime tv is the worst, between the talk shows and soap operas, and those commercials that know youre sitting at home because youre unemployed or just got out of school and dont know what to do so youre just sitting on your ass watching that shit. Its really bad, thats why i spend my daytime on the 'net like a fucking nerd, but its better than watching that shit.

when i crumpled 7 ribs and a collarbone a couple years ago, i was sort of intrigued at the idea of sitting around, not doing jack shit, and getting paid, all while taking painkillers.

i only had the stamina for a couple weeks of it. the first week was alright i guess, judge mathis and maury's paternity testing..

but then the second week we got a massive snowstorm, so there was a ton of human interest on the news about what else? the fucking snow. then it went on like that for a few days, then back to the routine of daytime bullshit.

and i don't even have cable.

i went back to work the third week, in pretty severe pain and fairly loaded up on vicodins.

but it was still better than vegetating on my couch, where i could feel the intelligence and motivation seeping out of my skull with each passiing trade school and invention patent commercial.

Originally posted by Old Growth@Mar 29 2005, 12:41 PM

Ninjas, do yourself a favor and never, ever, ever lose your job and collect unemployment.

the summer that happened was one of the bet summers of my life. Nothing better than being 21 and getting paid to not have a job for 6 months. I highly reccomend losing your job and collecting unemployment.

Originally posted by Old Growth@Mar 29 2005, 12:41 PM

Ninjas, do yourself a favor and never, ever, ever lose your job and collect unemployment.

shit...this was my whole plan. work really hard until im paid more than i need to live, then lose my job and relax for 4 or 5 months. i guess ill scratch that off my "to do" list.

on a side note, primetime television isnt much better.....television is pretty terrible across the board.