day vs. night

afterten

there might be a thread on this already, but I couldnt find it. I'm curious as to who hits freights during the day and who goes on night missions.

If you have a really chill spot way the fuck out in the boonies, then its easy to take your time and paint in broad daylight. but some of us arent that lucky. I'm still searching for this wonderful mid-forest spot.

so when's your preferred time to paint?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

what about tagging?

now theres a question for 12ers.

any writers on here down for bearing the marker during daylight hours? those spots where your thinking, damn this would be a good place for my name but i dont know when ill be back here again. it could be awhile...

would you do it?

Originally posted by fr8otech

who wouldn't want to paint during the day rather then night?

Honestly..I love painting at night.

Day time is cool..but i like to paint at night.

Yep. Tis true tis true.

And all chill day spots are way out in the boonies. I guess I'm just lucky like that.

Originally posted by IRON HEAD

AINT NO SPOT TOO DARK TO PAINT @ NIGHT... YOUR EYES GET ADJUSTED TO IT... UNLESS U JUST STARTED PAINTING... AND WHO THE FUCK WOULD NOT WANT TO PAINT IN THE DAY?!

This about covers it. If you're having trouble seeing in the dark, take just black and white and add carrots to your diet.

oh sun, sun, mr. golden sun

I have yet to incounter a good day spot in my hood. I did paint this e2e with some doods a while back and was the only one to finish before the cops came.. never got a flick, but it was a nice burner. i could use those light colours that dont mix well at night, which was a treat:cool:

lol, carrots.

seriously, if i drove out to like the dakotas or something i would consider painting in the day. but my personal rule of thumb (and i learned this the hard way) a good daytime spot is an even better night time spot.

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

lol, carrots.

seriously, if i drove out to like the dakotas or something i would consider painting in the day. but my personal rule of thumb (and i learned this the hard way) a good daytime spot is an even better night time spot.

yeah, come out to central sodak, day freights in the yard in the middle of a 10,000 pop. town :) , only done mid-days twice though, much rather go at night. i've thought about early morning, just as the sun rises, before school etc...

we got day spots and night spots and we got spots that are both...last year for the first part of the year i had found tons of new country ass day spots...i kept hitting those but before that i was only painting night spots.... man if you dont paint at night for about 3 months you get spoiled...any one who only paints day spots is a fag...of course daytime rules and you always end up with this immaculate piece cause you can see everything, but if your spots are too dark,,do what your boy said "ONLY GET BLACK AND WHITE" this is the problem solved for all nightime spots that are so called "TOO DARK"...but i have been to some spots out here in the country where there is no way in fucking hell you will even see black and white at night!! night time will always rule though...you get that whole i am not supposed to be here graffiti feeling!!!

i dont even try to paint in the day anymore,,every fuckin time attempted either rolled up on or spotted,,and chased lucky though never been booked,,,just way to easy for people to spot ya in the day oppose to night,,so i just hit freights at night now and all has been well with longevity os spots! just rock a killer angle with a flash and head back to the spot the next day for fliks,,if the freights rolled out ya got your night flik!

• 3 weeks later...

To the guy that asked about doing "tags" during the day. If you do it during the day while you are just walking down the street, even with a bunch of people around, they don't really notice or they don't want to notice. It isn't really ever a question of "will I be back here again," it's more of a question of "do I want people to start seeing I hit up here today or sometime in the future."

There's serveral perks to painting at night, at least for me. I can't paint in the daylight without feeling weird anymore. My reasoning is that 1.) Night time provides you with greater probablity of hiding without getting caught; 2.) There are less people out and about. If you leave your spot at 4am, you leave without anyone seeing your car, or you; 3.) Everything is more chill and relaxed. You can honestly calm down more, piece better and be on your way faster, in my opinon. If I'm out during the day and I hear a noise, I scope it out, but if it's at night time, there's less noises and even better, there's less of a chance that it's something significant so I spend less time checking out whats going on than I do painting and concentrating on my piece; 4.) Painting at night makes you a better writer, in terms of being able to paint and see your colors in the dark, fading colors and hitting your lines in one shot; 5.) It's more convienient for me with my lifestyle to go paint at night rather than during the day because I've just got too much shit going on to get out there when the sun is shining. So, yeah, the only drawback that I find for night time painting is that you can't get great flicks, just decent ones.

So what's the perks of daytime painting? Dayflicks? Being able to see what you're doing? If your spot is chill enough that you can bust out some crazy steez during the day then rock on, paint the shit out of that spot and never take it for granted. If you're just gonna bomb trains during the day, act all hard and snag your pussy flicks, I hope you at least have a decent digital to go with your good idea, cause that shit is as good as gone anyway.

And to war pigs: No kidding...I was doing day freights less than 2 years ago and that's just near impossible now, at least recently where I've been geographicly. 9/11 is my comfortable source for blame, but I'm sure there's more to it than that...

*** And in what grade did I learn how to proof-read?

damn

painting lately has been a huge chore, i hate to admit it and risk being ridiculed by my peers, but im at 3 trains this year.. i know i know, i was at almost 10 times that last year this time, but the spots are drying up, i have never had a day spot, and the night spots were alright but only moon light, now the one spot i depend on for the goods, well every time ive been there this year, all amped to paint, there has been no freights.. the other night i was there during the day, watched the engines pull in two lines of cna stamped rbox's, slgg's, and various cn cars.. i was sure that it would be a fun night, i roll out there, and well, no trains... i was sad to say the least, so i settled with painting a grain train which is all right.. but it's weird, i feel useless when im not hitting trains consistently.... and i live in a relatively small city with lots of country around with quite a few trains around.. just no where to paint.. and believe me ive checked the surrounding area, the closest haven is an hour drive away which isnt always possible to do.... it bugs me that some big cities have day spots, but my city has none, not even in the country, and some nights not even poorly lit night spots!!..but i guess i appreciate it more when i do get to paint, but damn... its hard to hold a nigguh's head up when he prides himself on being a freight head and he can't find trains to paint... anyone have this problem?

Re: damn

Originally posted by fr8rokr

painting lately has been a huge chore, i hate to admit it and risk being ridiculed by my peers, but im at 3 trains this year.. i know i know, i was at almost 10 times that last year this time, but the spots are drying up, i have never had a day spot, and the night spots were alright but only moon light, now the one spot i depend on for the goods, well every time ive been there this year, all amped to paint, there has been no freights.. the other night i was there during the day, watched the engines pull in two lines of cna stamped rbox's, slgg's, and various cn cars.. i was sure that it would be a fun night, i roll out there, and well, no trains... i was sad to say the least, so i settled with painting a grain train which is all right.. but it's weird, i feel useless when im not hitting trains consistently.... and i live in a relatively small city with lots of country around with quite a few trains around.. just no where to paint.. and believe me ive checked the surrounding area, the closest haven is an hour drive away which isnt always possible to do.... it bugs me that some big cities have day spots, but my city has none, not even in the country, and some nights not even poorly lit night spots!!..but i guess i appreciate it more when i do get to paint, but damn... its hard to hold a nigguh's head up when he prides himself on being a freight head and he can't find trains to paint... anyone have this problem?

yep

Originally posted by kliptik

what about tagging?

now theres a question for 12ers.

any writers on here down for bearing the marker during daylight hours? those spots where your thinking, damn this would be a good place for my name but i dont know when ill be back here again. it could be awhile...

would you do it?

i hate to respond to this because it's not about trains, but for christ's sake, it's just not that big a deal. if you want to, do it. if it doesn't feel right, don't. same goes for night/day spots, eventually, with experience you just rely on what feels right when you're deciding to work at a spot. it's not fullproof, but it's better than taking advice from anyone on here who doesn't live in your town or know your yard or whatever. every situation's different and you just have to feel it out.

Originally posted by porque

...why the hell would you even need to ask a question like this?...of course it's better to paint in the daytime...it's just not always possible...so you have to be able to knock out burners at night too...

Porque is right. Daylight hits are the shit, but this isnt possible in all yards. If you want to do freights and you need to go in your yard at night then you need to go in at night.

Fr8rokr: I delt with that shit for years. The only viable solution I know of is just to move. I switched states and multiplied my numbers by 20 just because of location. I used to have a balanced diet of almost everything and now I'm solely stuck on one thing because it's everywhere and a LOT less chill than anything else. Now I wonder how many scenes can say that...

Archived