Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

day vs. night

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by afterten, Mar 11, 2004.

1. afterten

afterten Member

there might be a thread on this already, but I couldnt find it. I'm curious as to who hits freights during the day and who goes on night missions.

If you have a really chill spot way the fuck out in the boonies, then its easy to take your time and paint in broad daylight. but some of us arent that lucky. I'm still searching for this wonderful mid-forest spot.

so when's your preferred time to paint?

2. fr8otech

fr8otech Senior Member

who wouldn't want to paint during the day rather then night?

3. porque

porque Senior Member

...why the hell would you even need to ask a question like this?...of course it's better to paint in the daytime...it's just not always possible...so you have to be able to knock out burners at night too...

4. kliptik

kliptik New Jack

what about tagging?

now theres a question for 12ers.

any writers on here down for bearing the marker during daylight hours? those spots where your thinking, damn this would be a good place for my name but i dont know when ill be back here again. it could be awhile...

would you do it?

5. porque

porque Senior Member

...are we still talking about freight trains?...

6. afterten

afterten Member

I was just wondering because where I'm at all the spots are too heat to paint during the day and too dark to see whats going on at night.

7. IRON WIZARD

IRON WIZARD New Jack

sounds like you dont get up much^^^^:rolleyes:

8. IRON HEAD

IRON HEAD Senior Member

AINT NO SPOT TOO DARK TO PAINT @ NIGHT... YOUR EYES GET ADJUSTED TO IT... UNLESS U JUST STARTED PAINTING... AND WHO THE FUCK WOULD NOT WANT TO PAINT IN THE DAY?!

9. nvOne

nvOne Member

Honestly..I love painting at night.
    Day time is cool..but i like to paint at night.

Yep. Tis true tis true.

And all chill day spots are way out in the boonies. I guess I'm just lucky like that.

10. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

This about covers it. If you're having trouble seeing in the dark, take just black and white and add carrots to your diet.

11. panic

panic Member

oh sun, sun, mr. golden sun

I have yet to incounter a good day spot in my hood. I did paint this e2e with some doods a while back and was the only one to finish before the cops came.. never got a flick, but it was a nice burner. i could use those light colours that dont mix well at night, which was a treat:cool:

12. krowteN

krowteN Member

lol, carrots.

seriously, if i drove out to like the dakotas or something i would consider painting in the day. but my personal rule of thumb (and i learned this the hard way) a good daytime spot is an even better night time spot.

13. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

i would much rather paint in the day, no question! i would rather wake up at noon and go out and paint a train than wake up at 3 in the morning and paint

14. xwibxonex

xwibxonex New Jack

yeah, come out to central sodak, day freights in the yard in the middle of a 10,000 pop. town :) , only done mid-days twice though, much rather go at night. i've thought about early morning, just as the sun rises, before school etc...

15. krowteN

krowteN Member

yup, the early morn is the shit. like start around 0400 and paint until the sun comes up, get fliks and be out. going to sleep at midinght or even 1100 and then getting up at 3 is the real challenge in that though.