DAWN OF THE DEAD

CRAMPS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's george romero....

It is a principle thing, but i jsut saw it, it's good, there were many flaws in it, like zombies being able to run and shit. But it was a good movie. Very gruesome at times, i was bummed out about not having the biker gang coming in and getting their intestines eaten, and they didn't have the characters steal anything, but all in all a good movie. A lot better than the texas chainsaw masscre remake.

Just got back from THE BEST ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER.

I don't wanna give anything away but the first fifteen minutes of the movie was the best orchestration of society-wide collapse/chaos in a film I have ever seen. Very, very realistic.

This is the definitive zombie movie on which all other zombie movies from here on out will be judged by. This horror flick goes right up there with the Exorcist and Alien.

George Romero has been done complete and utter justice through this remake. This is what Dawn of the Dead wanted to be all along.

Once again, best zombie movie ever....................ever.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

it's george romero....

It is a principle thing, but i jsut saw it, it's good, there were many flaws in it, like zombies being able to run and shit. But it was a good movie. Very gruesome at times, i was bummed out about not having the biker gang coming in and getting their intestines eaten, and they didn't have the characters steal anything, but all in all a good movie. A lot better than the texas chainsaw masscre remake.

here is an interesting thing, this version is george's OTHER screenplay.

so he wrote this one two, its just a different story. though the biker scene was bitchin, im glad they dident do a compleat cover of the movie... and the runnin i think really adds a lot of terror, cuz when they see you...they hall ASS! and that sucks.

if you have seen the "night Of The Living Dead" remake it has a somewhat different plot, whitch made it better in ways....I take the DAWN remake as the next step in the story to the NIGHT remake, makeing it its own little storyline..

hopefully they will compleat the trillogy and remake DAY Of The Dead...but make it ALOT better than the orriginal.

that would rule

I really liked how they had a good amount of character development throughout the movie with all of the characters which is a pretty rare thing for a horror movie.

Seriously, the way the zombies were sprinting after their victims was hella creepy. They were like wild animals. I mean, you just can't take the old school shuffling zombies seriously anymore.

I had real fucked up zombie dreams all last night.

thats very true, the night of the living dead remake was very good.

I think it's sad that half the kids that I saw in the theatre have not and will never see the original, and if they do, they won't see how amazing it really is, becuase there are no huge explosions and crazy special effects. I most definately will see the remake again. This remake really does compliment the original well.

Zombies running does add a lot more fear itnto the eqaution, but it's a lot more scary when they are slow moving, and you are hauling ass and you look behind you and the fucking zombie is still right there following you. It takes away from the zombies from actually being dead, when they are fast moving, because when you die, rigor morits sets in and you wouldn't be able to move around that fast. I'm rambling now. end.

the running i think is a good thing. it adds to the urgency of escape. in all of the originals they shuffled along and the characters were able to run past them and hit them with shit, it was kinda hokey.

i agree with the whole rigor mortis thing for the already dead, but the people who are still alive and get infected, well i imagine that they would have a different set of rules applied to them.

but if you see return of the living dead (more funny than scary) the guys who were alive and got infected actually had all the symptoms of death (no pulse, rigor mortis, room temp) but were able to run and all of that jazz.

I need to see this movie A.S.A.P!! I know it will surpass the original (and the original is one of my favorite films)

also day of the dead, they really need to remake that one. I liked it, but it was the weakest of the trilogy. You know that they will because dawn is gonna kick ass and rake in the $$

Originally posted by Rimshot

I figured it was a "28 days later" rip off. Is my assumption on point? or am i way off like always?

nah man, it's the other way around!

you really need to rent the original. i mean keep it mind it was made in like 1978.

ok, im going to go into my 28 days/zombie fact rant.....

now i liked 28 days later, BUT it wasnt a zombie movie!

in 28 days, they were NOT dead, they were alive, just infected with the RAGE. witch made them alot easer to kill (as easy to kill as regular humans) when they were infected with the rage, they never died, just became angry...

now in DAWN or the zombie shit, THEY WERE DEAD! and the virus causes reanimation, thus making them alot harder to kill.

now both films are based on infection, but 28 days to me is NOT a zombie flick....but also the romero trillogy including the remakes...they supased "zombie" films.

so lets call them "INFECTION APPOCOLIPS" films.

im done

^^^

Yeah, I was going to mentionn that, because I knew someone would point it out. But it still has that feel of a zombie movie to it, a bunch of infected people running around aimlessly trying to kill people. So while not TECHNICALLY a zombie movie, it's my favourite "INFECTION APOCOLYPSE" movie.....

I hope to god they don't make a Day of the Dead remake. That shit is just too classic to be tampered with.....

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

28 Days Later is my favourite zombie movie. Let the hating begin.....

oh, wait, i'm sorry, was that my cue?

Dude, okay, 28 Days Later was a good ZOMBIE movie and all but let's face it, Dawn of the Dead really captured the whole "end of civilization as we know it" vibe down to a motherfucking tee....

Dude, the ending of DAWN was a real freakin' downer. I won't ruin it but dude.......talk about no hope.

Originally posted by LENS

oh, wait, i'm sorry, was that my cue?

Dude, okay, 28 Days Later was a good ZOMBIE movie and all but let's face it, Dawn of the Dead really captured the whole "end of civilization as we know it" vibe down to a motherfucking tee....

Dude, the ending of DAWN was a real freakin' downer. I won't ruin it but dude.......talk about no hope.

I've seen the original several times, so don't worry, I know what happens.

But as for the end of the world.....I don't think anything can match the emptiness of 28 Days Later. The beginning where he's walking ariound London, and there's absolutely nobody around. That really got me to thinking "OK, there's definitely something wrong going on here"....

Maybe it's becaause the spread of a virus across the globe is a lot more plausable, that makes it more frightening.....

But as for the end of the world.....I don't think anything can match the emptiness of 28 Days Later. The beginning where he's walking ariound London, and there's absolutely nobody around. That really got me to thinking "OK, there's definitely something wrong going on here"....

Maybe it's becaause the spread of a virus across the globe is a lot more plausable, that makes it more frightening.....

u hit the nail on the head my friend

I have to stress this...the new dawn IS NOT THE SAME!!! different story, simmiler setting.

and with 28 days.... the rage infectees can starve to death...cuz they are soo anry they dont eat... so that means there is an end to the chaos.

in the living dead seires and the new DAWN (the new DAWN espetially) the fucking zombie things feed to nurish themselves, and cant really starve....so theyare gonna last a while...therefor, no good future looking world in that situation.

BAM SUCKA!

Guest imported_sofarok

Really good flick I thought, not so much a remake just working with the same basic premise, I was actually pleasantly surprised, I was expecting a ropey remake like so many others but like I say it was good…

Personally I cant wait for shaun of the dead

Okay, here's my fifth or sixth entry for this thread....

Another thing i liked about this movie was the soundtrack. The producers could have absolutely fucked it up by giving it some "hip" crappy Slipknot/Marylin Manson/Linkin Park/crap hop musical accompaniment(sp) but instead they opted for something more low key and altogether more ominous and sinister.

How fucking cool was it when they played "Behold a Pale Horse" during those scenes of televised chaos and breakdown? I almost jacked off in my pants.

Okay, there was one neo-metal song at the very end but it was during the credits so it really doesn't count.

Archived