Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

DAWN OF THE DEAD

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by CRAMPS, Mar 21, 2004.

1. CRAMPS

CRAMPS Senior Member

I just saw it today.......best fucking zombie movie I have seen yet that pays total omage to George Romero's trillogy.

the 10 min apocolips....its hardcore and i highly suggest you guys go see it.

2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

It's the principle of the thing. I mean, Mekhi Pfiffer is in it......

3. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

it's george romero....

It is a principle thing, but i jsut saw it, it's good, there were many flaws in it, like zombies being able to run and shit. But it was a good movie. Very gruesome at times, i was bummed out about not having the biker gang coming in and getting their intestines eaten, and they didn't have the characters steal anything, but all in all a good movie. A lot better than the texas chainsaw masscre remake.

4. metallix

metallix Elite Member

NO ADVERTISING ON 12OZ.

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Just got back from THE BEST ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER.

I don't wanna give anything away but the first fifteen minutes of the movie was the best orchestration of society-wide collapse/chaos in a film I have ever seen. Very, very realistic.

This is the definitive zombie movie on which all other zombie movies from here on out will be judged by. This horror flick goes right up there with the Exorcist and Alien.

George Romero has been done complete and utter justice through this remake. This is what Dawn of the Dead wanted to be all along.

Once again, best zombie movie ever....................ever.

6. reach.4

reach.4 New Jack

THE ORIGINAL ONE

... was sick.
    i am def. gunna see this one fo show.

7. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

http://www.fahs.org/Orlandopics/CathySeviola/gallery1/schlong.jpg'>

Chainsaw.

8. JohnnyLode

JohnnyLode Member

twas rad indeed. the action was pretty nonstop which created for lots of cool killings.

9. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

10. CRAMPS

CRAMPS Senior Member

here is an interesting thing, this version is george's OTHER screenplay.

so he wrote this one two, its just a different story. though the biker scene was bitchin, im glad they dident do a compleat cover of the movie... and the runnin i think really adds a lot of terror, cuz when they see you...they hall ASS! and that sucks.

if you have seen the "night Of The Living Dead" remake it has a somewhat different plot, whitch made it better in ways....I take the DAWN remake as the next step in the story to the NIGHT remake, makeing it its own little storyline..

hopefully they will compleat the trillogy and remake DAY Of The Dead...but make it ALOT better than the orriginal.

that would rule

11. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I really liked how they had a good amount of character development throughout the movie with all of the characters which is a pretty rare thing for a horror movie.

Seriously, the way the zombies were sprinting after their victims was hella creepy. They were like wild animals. I mean, you just can't take the old school shuffling zombies seriously anymore.

I had real fucked up zombie dreams all last night.

12. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

thats very true, the night of the living dead remake was very good.

I think it's sad that half the kids that I saw in the theatre have not and will never see the original, and if they do, they won't see how amazing it really is, becuase there are no huge explosions and crazy special effects. I most definately will see the remake again. This remake really does compliment the original well.

Zombies running does add a lot more fear itnto the eqaution, but it's a lot more scary when they are slow moving, and you are hauling ass and you look behind you and the fucking zombie is still right there following you. It takes away from the zombies from actually being dead, when they are fast moving, because when you die, rigor morits sets in and you wouldn't be able to move around that fast. I'm rambling now. end.

13. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

the running i think is a good thing. it adds to the urgency of escape. in all of the originals they shuffled along and the characters were able to run past them and hit them with shit, it was kinda hokey.

i agree with the whole rigor mortis thing for the already dead, but the people who are still alive and get infected, well i imagine that they would have a different set of rules applied to them.

but if you see return of the living dead (more funny than scary) the guys who were alive and got infected actually had all the symptoms of death (no pulse, rigor mortis, room temp) but were able to run and all of that jazz.

I need to see this movie A.S.A.P!! I know it will surpass the original (and the original is one of my favorite films)

also day of the dead, they really need to remake that one. I liked it, but it was the weakest of the trilogy. You know that they will because dawn is gonna kick ass and rake in the $$

14. Rimshot

Rimshot Member

I figured it was a "28 days later" rip off. Is my assumption on point? or am i way off like always?

15. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

nah man, it's the other way around!

you really need to rent the original. i mean keep it mind it was made in like 1978.