David Lynch Films

shaolinmasta

He makes some pretty tripped out movies and I fucken like em.

Ive seen 4 of his so far: Mullholland Dr., Lost Highway, The Elephant Man & Blue Velvet and would have to say the guy is really fucked up in the head.

Mullholland Dr. was my favourite by a mile but all the others were good too.

His movies always make no sence after you've seen them the first time (besides Elephant Man), and always leaves you wondering what the fuck just happened?

So you have to watch em a few times to grasp some sort of understanding of what just went on in those 2 hours of entertainment.

If haven't seen his films I recommend you go out and hire some of them, youll probalbly end up liking them too.

I'd post apic but forgot how to post em ah fuck it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by bathoræ

Be more specific. As in, what was her purpose? or who was she?

uhm, "what the hell is up with...." is a blanket term which condenses all those questions. Think smarter, not harder

that's why I'm paid to be an elite member

Guest imported_Tesseract

I fuckin love his stuff, he's amazing.

My favorite is BLUE VELVET without a doubt, that movie kills it...then lost highway and last mulholland drive which seemed like a watered down lost highway to me.

Originally posted by Tesseract

I fuckin love his stuff, he's amazing.

My favorite is BLUE VELVET without a doubt, that movie kills it...then..

..eraserhead. the soundtrack alone (which lynch is also responsible for)is enough

to make you shit your face.

Guest KING BLING

I feel like Lynch's movies are overly artsy and not enough entertainment or emotion. He doesn't acceive anywhere close to the neccesary balance for me

By this I mean of course a good movie can work in the realm of the bizarre, or sullen, or whatever (Memento or 8 1/2 for instance) but should also compel you and involve you with the characters on some level. His movies seem to make the same mistake alot of Mamet movies do in that the actors are lifeless objects used to progress the overall idea. At the end of some Mamet and all of the Lynch movies I've seen I've always thaught "That was a great idea, too bad it was lifeless."