David Choe

Gunm

Does anyone know if David Choes does pieces or characters around the bay area at all? I saw one of his whales up on a billboard in berkeleybut that's about it.

just wanna know...yes or no?

I love that guys artwork. The way he draws seems all sloppy and out of control but at the same time his style seems really focused and tight. he does a great job of balancing his stuff out.

His artbook Cursive is great stuff. Too bad they didn't do one in color. Or does he have a color book like Sam Flores? Can anyone fill me in?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have one of his books and the original zine that was the basis for the book (i found it in the free pile of zines at gilman, it's at least two years old). met him a few times, really freakin nice guy. apparently most of those "sell your house quick! $$$$" signs around the bay are actually david and his brother's work, advertising for their dad's business. he does characters every once in a while, but he lives in the south bay i think, so most of his street stuff would be down there.

but i haven't seen him in over a year, so whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived