dave mattews band POOP WATERFALL!!!(the incident)

Pfffffffffft

this may have been posted but i couldnt find it:cool:

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2...5802_flash1.htm

Dave Matthews Band driver denies drenching

Tue Aug 10 2004 10:55:31 ET

The bus driver for rock star Dave Matthews called from the road Monday to say his luxury coach was not the one responsible for dousing passengers on a Chicago River tour boat with foul-smelling muck over the weekend.

CHICAGO TRIBUNE reports: Witnesses on the architectural sightseeing cruise told police they saw a long black tour bus dump liquid waste Sunday afternoon as their boat crossed under the Kinzie Street bridge.

About two-thirds of the passengers seated on the upper deck of Chicago's Little Lady were soaked with the "brownish-yellow" substance.

One witness gave Chicago police an Oregon license plate number that belongs to the 2003 Monaco Royale Coach driven by Jerry Fitzpatrick, who has been Matthews' tour bus driver for three years.

Fitzpatrick confirmed he was in Chicago with Matthews, whose band played the second of two shows at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin later that night. But the driver said he was parked in front of the Peninsula Hotel, 108 E. Superior St., when the waste rained down from the bridge several blocks away.

"There is no way I could be responsible for that," Fitzpatrick said from downstate Effingham. "I haven't emptied the tank for days. Besides, we are very cautious about how we do that sort of thing."

To bolster his case, Fitzpatrick coaxed Sgt. Paul Gardner of the Effingham Police Department to inspect the bus. He then gave Gardner his cell phone to tell a reporter that the tank was nearly full.

"One of the strangest requests I've ever had, that's for sure," Gardner said.

A publicist for the Dave Matthews Band issued a statement Monday night saying the group's management had "determined that all of the buses on our tour were parked at the time of this incident."

Developing.

:lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i've never unerstood why people hated on dave mathews.

i like that guy, he's funny.

dude makes run of the mill music for run of the mill people. some of them are douche bags, some of them are folks that just don't care that much, and some of them just have a thing for black fiddle players. no big deal.

there are a whole lot more 'offensive' or 'annoying' artists in out there. like 'da band' for instance. that bitch with the sunglasses was all day wack. jada kiss is real annoying too. wyclef, anyone?!

Originally posted by seeking

i've never unerstood why people hated on dave mathews.

i like that guy, he's funny.

dude makes run of the mill music for run of the mill people. some of them are douche bags, some of them are folks that just don't care that much, and some of them just have a thing for black fiddle players. no big deal.

there are a whole lot more 'offensive' or 'annoying' artists in out there. like 'da band' for instance. that bitch with the sunglasses was all day wack. jada kiss is real annoying too. wyclef, anyone?!

I don't think it's him that people hate. Fan bases ruin reps for a lot of really good artists.. and ignorant as that is I know I'm guilty of feeling that way.

"Dude, did you hear the new Dave? How totally decent was that? So good. Hey, have you guys seen my cut-off abercrombie cargo shorts and birkenstocks anywhere? I totally can't put off a rustic vibe without them and my Dave/Buffet mix..."

i totally understand that, alot of his fans are jerkoffs, i just dont feel a need to hate him cause the people who like him suck. i have a sneaking suspicion he realizes what kind of jerkoffs are into him.

the thing is, i think people that really like dave mathews don't actually like music very much at all. i think they just like smoking weed, drinking, and trying to bang freshman and they've found that dave mathews makes such things easier. DM is like phish for people who shower and prefer earthen tones to tie-dye....kind of like the 'graduate school' of college stoner music.

I disagree, DMB isn't the "graduate school" of jam-band music- it's the high school suburban hippie music.

I live in one of those high-tax-bracket northeastern suburbs with good schools and hippies who wear hemp sweatshirts and smoke weed in their BMWs. Dave Matthews plays in my city a couple times a year and the entire social set goes to every show: jocks, stoners, preps, even the teachers go.

I think it's stupid to not like music because of the surrounding subculture. However, I never liked that music (it's like watered down, easy listening blues-rock). I also cultivate a deep and abiding disdain for the Dave Matthews Band social set. Basically what I'm getting at is that I don't give a shit either way.

In all, I find it hilarious that they dumped crap on chicagoans.

i totally understand that, alot of his fans are jerkoffs, i just dont feel a need to hate him cause the people who like him suck. i have a sneaking suspicion he realizes what kind of jerkoffs are into him.

the thing is, i think people that really like dave mathews don't actually like music very much at all. i think they just like smoking weed, drinking, and trying to bang freshman and they've found that dave mathews makes such things easier. DM is like phish for people who shower and prefer earthen tones to tie-dye....kind of like the 'graduate school' of college stoner music.

I think you hit the nail on the head here seeks

I've heard rumors of a 3 days music festival that Dave headlines annually which is nothing but a outdoor smokefest and an excuse for people to camp and be wasted for a weekend

I think it takes place someplace around Seattle ... or that general area (don't ask me I'm not American)

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton

I think you hit the nail on the head here seeks

I've heard rumors of a 3 days music festival that Dave headlines annually which is nothing but a outdoor smokefest and an excuse for people to camp and be wasted for a weekend

I think it takes place someplace around Seattle ... or that general area (don't ask me I'm not American)

It's called THE GORGE in Eastern Washington

i like the fact that half his band is black, but none of them are a dj.

that's cool to me. i think one of the black guys even plays a fiddle or some retarded instrument that even white people gave up on long ago. accordian or kazoo maybe? whatever it is, he does it with the style of james brown and the haircut of vernon reid. thumbs up for that.

i think one of the black guys even plays a fiddle or some retarded instrument that even white people gave up on long ago. accordian or kazoo maybe? whatever it is, he does it with the style of james brown and the haircut of vernon reid. thumbs up for that.

holy shit, funniest post ever, hands down!

Guest mikro137

i like the fact that half his band is black, but none of them are a dj.

that's cool to me. i think one of the black guys even plays a fiddle or some retarded instrument that even white people gave up on long ago. accordian or kazoo maybe? whatever it is, he does it with the style of james brown and the haircut of vernon reid. thumbs up for that.

damn son. i will never look at dave mathews band the same way ever again.

on point again and again.

pulled from here here.

Matthews' bus company was sued before

Legal trouble over big-time music acts has trailed the owner of a Dave Matthews Band touring bus that allegedly dumped sewage onto the heads of boat riders as they passed under a Chicago River bridge, court records show.

Tennessee-based Four Seasons Coach Leasing faces a lawsuit for transporting fireworks -- along with the rock band Great White -- to a Providence, R.I., nightclub that caught fire on Feb. 20, 2003, killing 80 people after a fireworks display set the place ablaze.

Also, members of Jurassic 5 sued Four Seasons in August 2001 after one of the company's buses veered off a highway in Tennessee and one of the rap group's members suffered a skull fracture. Four Seasons argued that the band -- not the bus company -- hired the driver. The case was later tossed out, records show.

But the company wasn't named as a defendant in a lawsuit Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan filed Tuesday against the Dave Matthews Band and driver Stefan A. Wohl. The lawsuit said Wohl was an employee of the band, not the bus company.

"I think they should be sued because there are so many people who use the river," said Steedman L. Bass, 35, of Chestnut Hill, Mass., who was riding an architectural tour boat Aug. 8 when a torrent of sewage soaked passengers passing under the Kinzie Street bridge. "I think it was irresponsible in the extreme to pull the hatch over the river.

"I am amazed they were able to track down the person," said Bass, who was not hit by the filth.

Wohl has admitted being on the bridge about the time of the dumping but denied he was responsible, police said.

As authorities continued to weigh criminal charges in the incident, city officials Thursday announced a crackdown on charter buses that illegally dump sewage.

This week, six city inspectors began checking charter buses parked at the city's 14 staging areas. Inspectors are asking drivers when and where their toilets were last emptied and are checking for sewage leaks. The drivers must show they've kept a log of disposals.

City fines start at $1,000. And if one of the 12 city-licensed charter and tour bus companies fails an inspection, the city could revoke its license, officials said. The Illinois Commerce Commission can cite buses licensed in other states if they don't pass inspections.

No violations have been found since the city started the inspections Wednesday, officials said.