Dave Brubeck OWNS you!

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Dave Brubeck OWNS you all!

Originally posted by Smart

If any of you think you are musicians... I just watched an 83 year old man son you all...

what exactly did he do? cuz my friend went to a one man band and he played i think 5 instruments, that was dope

well, anyone who knows anyone knows that the drums are the foundation, and this guy Randy Jones fuckin SMOKED... 5 drums, 5 cymbals, ALL dynamis... the bass player, who we call 'the good' Michael Moore was fucking all over it, arps and furios scalar stuff, never even an iota of misintonation, I was stupified!

Kaes, seriously, what's it been like 5 years I'm sayin' we need to get something happening? Check your email, I'm gonna send you an mp3 here in a sec.

word, he was probably the lowest key of them all, he stood to the back kinda behind/between the piano and drums, he'd bust out with the goods and then he'd just look at Dave or the drummer and kinda get a check and play on... we debated about wether it was the bass or the drums that actually ruled the show, in the end I went with the drums and Eric said it was all about the soloist, Bobby Militello... he played sax and flute, both fabulously and he treated the melodies very nicely, his solos were super clean and well structured but... I can't give it to the soloist, that's my job... and then Dave just ruled it all from underneath... I was also awed by that, I would love to hook up with a super-arranger like that...

The show was crazy, apparently Dave had laryngitis and then after intermission he got the chills so he played most of the second set wearing a big beige trench coat and a super huge red muffler... he stripped it all of for Take 5 (of course) but the drum solo is what actually rules that song so... it was just good to see him feeling better, said a few words at the end, it was amazing.

no, totalil, espescially in a quartet setting but, you know... gotta critique... I mean, I can't play it so at least I can hate on it... and I can't hate on the whole so I am forced to break it down just to make my penis feel a little bigger...

(ok, 'totalil' was a typo for totally but is almost feels like a real word so I'm gonna leave it)

OK...

So...

Kaes gets an 'A'

I guess the rest of you fail... I do have a place for make-up work if any of you think you might be able to phone it in... but, it appears that most of you have no fucking clue so...

Originally posted by Al Green

id rather be listening to the byrd and dizzie..

hey, I suppose it's like people who can't tell art schools or graff styles apart, but... you just don't know. You can hug on Bop all you want but that doesn't make it better... and you're comparing totally different styles... a grannysmith and a winesap are both apples but they aren't the same thing.

Brubeck and Miles go together... Miles stepped down from Bird's band (not byrd, you mean the bassist? different era...) to introduce 'Cool', Brubeck also pioneered the 'Cool' sound, Miles on the East coast and Brubeck out West... 2 leaders in a brand new sound, skin color had nothing to do with that.

You can't front on it.

Archived