Darkside of OZ

High Priest

Mr. Floyds Darkside of OZ

This is old news. Im sure the majority of 12ozers have seen this/ heard about this, but i was subject to seeing it in a theatre last night.. and it was fucking great.So heres pretty much the set up for those that dont know/just want to try it out, see it again.

1. Buy or rent the movie The Wizard of Oz.

2. Buy a copy of of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

3. Put the CD in the player and press pause at the beginning of track 1.

4. Put the movie in your VCR and begin to play.

5. Turn off the sound on your television. Turn up the volume on your CD player.

6. When the MGM lion roars for the third time, unpause the CD.

7. If the credit "Produced by Mervyl Leroy" appears onscreen at the transition between "Speak to Me" and "Breathe," then you are correctly synched.

8. Sit back and enjoy!

Some of the synch's to notice:

1. When Dorothy runs away from home, the line "No one told you when to run" from the song "Time" is heard.

2. The tornado scene begins just as "The Great Gig in the Sky" starts playing. The song lasts for the entire duration of the storm.

3. The female singer begins moaning, her voice rising and falling in time with the mood of the tornado scene.

4. When "Great Gig" ends, the first side of the album also ends (not valid when using a CD).

5. "Money" begins as Dorothy opens the door and sees Oz. The black and white part of the film ends at this point and begins in color.

6. The lyics "Don't give me that do-goody-good bullsh*t" are heard as Glinda the good witch floats down in her bubble.

7. The dancing ballerinas seem to keep time with the rhythm in "Us and Them."

8. "Brain Damage" becomes the backdrop for the scarecrow scene where he's singing "If I Only Had a Brain."

9. The album ends with a heartbeat, as Dorothy presses her ear to the Tin Man's chest to listen for a heart.

This is beyond entertaining, esp if you happen to be high. Here's a decent site devoted to the subject

Check it out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mr. ABC

fuckin hippies

Hippy -A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society, especially one who advocates extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles.

Damn, you nailed that one.

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by azert

Anyone know for sure if Pink Floyd did this on purpose? but I was wondering if he officially admitted to it.

im afraid that theres no one named pink floyd.

Originally posted by im not witty

im afraid that theres no one named pink floyd.

Eh whatever, I'm sure most people would overlook that error and assume that I meant the lead singer of the band instead of trying to make themselves look smarter by pointing out other people's careless mistakes.

*Edit: And before you correct me, maybe you should try using correct punctuation and capitalization techniques. You know, just to make yourself more creditable.

Originally posted by azert

Eh whatever, I'm sure most people would overlook that error and assume that I meant the lead singer of the band instead of trying to make themselves look smarter by pointing out other people's careless mistakes.

*Edit: And before you correct me, maybe you should try using correct punctuation and capitalization techniques. You know, just to make yourself more creditable.

no, that was a funny mistake worth noting. actually the only thing in this thread that i found even mildly interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

there was a theatre in toronto that would play this once a month, i went to it once and it was fucking hectic. the best thing about it was that you could burn in the theatre. the whole theatre was filled with people blazing it up, i remember these kids had a 4 hose 3ft hookah in there. five minutes into the movie there was already a huge cloud of sweet smelling candian herb looming over the audience. you would probably get high even if you didn't hit a single spliff, it was a huge theatre hotbox. the synchronization was really trippy in some parts of the movie. the highlights of the movie are: when they fall asleep in the poppy field(and you realize they're stoned too), when the movie goes from b&w to color and everyone cheers, and when the flying monkeys are raising hell:shook: . one of my friends took my math teacher to it and he showed up already shrooming & brought some high quality hash and said "this stuff aint your average catnip, this is grown up shit":lol: i remember they stopped showing it for a while because the daughter of a high ranking narcotics officer went and when he picked her up he saw tons of stoned-ass teenagers standing outside the theatre and he busted the place. they showed it again a while later a few times and i'm pretty sure it's off again because some idiot lit a firework in the theatre and it lit the roof on fire or some shit, oh well. good times.:jpotato:

I went to this a month ago at the Historic State Theater. However, it wasn't just the movie with darkside...along with that it was a full on 3D laser-light show with glasses and all. I hate saying something like this, but I honestly cannot think of a single thing I've seen in my entire life that was cooler than this. At part where it switches from b+w to color and money comes on, a perfect syng will have Dorothy moving and looking around the world on beat with the 13/8 cash register intro. Theres alot of controversy over whether or not the band meant to do it, but after watching this and noticing all the similarities, there's no way it wasn't planned.

i've seen that. it's pretty cool you can easily get it off of kazza.

honestly, if you really want to bug out, try to get the pink floyd song echoes synched with the last segment of 2001 a space odyssey, it is insane!

i was able to get a copy of it off of kazza. this is SO much better than the oz one!!

if you can't find it, and want to do it manually:

http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/echoes2001_setup.html