Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Damn it now i need to find a job.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Some1, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

I just got outta high school last year. Got a full time job on a loading dock with my lead guitarist to fund my drums. I had to quit my job because i wanted to go back to school for a couple of classes. So i go to sign up for classes and i cant take any of the marketing classes that I want to take because i did so bad in english and math in high school. So now i am stuck taking 2 classes to catch up and i am not taking any marketing i would like. The only thing good I got going for me is my band TENET we have been playing out every week we just played at the Webster in hartford sold 107 tickets for that and fucking rocked it. We bought a van and a trailer which we basically got for free because we paid for it from gig money. Now last night at practice we made the decision to go down to Daytona on spring break and basically play everywhere we go like right in parking lots and shit. But still now i am fucking broke and cant even afford books for school. Life sucks without a job. Where can i get a job? What should i do?

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

first johnny, now you.

12ozprophet/breeding losers

3. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

I have noticed that the business related books are waymore expensive than any other classes. Business=$100 Accounting $150 Marketing $90. Fuck is up with that shit? Be about your hustle.

4. TresOne

TresOne Member

Maybe for you..

My Biochemistry book was fucking $190, organic chemisty was $170 and my Macro/MicroEconomics was like $80.

Universities are fucking bank account rapists. Fuck that shit.

5. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

I love my job agency. After I got layed off from the last well payed slack office job they found me (the office closed, otherwise I would have been there forever) , they had me interviewing for jobs right away. first one was a bust, day after that they're like "hey, you didnt get that job yesterday, but we got a better one, its doing some work in insurance for a bank. you intrested?" and bam, I sign some papers, and I'm training for a new slack, better paying job without so much as an interview. shits easy. I hate the grind of applying and interviewing. if you can work office jobs go hit up a good agency...

6. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

Yea actually the buying the books sounds good because i can get most of them free from my high school marketing teach free. Most marketing companies are highering people with no college anyway if you got experience they will take you. Where can i find one of those agencies?

7. JamaciaMotel

JamaciaMotel Member

what r these agencies called ..where can i find one

8. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

every office basically wants you to know excel and word, correct?

9. metallix

metallix Elite Member

yeah last semester psychology book $120
    Algebra book $100
    This semester microeconomics used $75..fucking used!
    Amazon.com has them for like $5 less, which barely makes up the shipping.

10. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Yeah something great i just found out the other day. You can use the Accounting book for accounting I and II. But not all of the campuses use the same book. Next semester they are scrapping the book that i have and going along with what the other campuses have. Im gonna end up getting back $15 when i go to sell it and dish out another $150 for the new books.

I should write college text books. What a racket.

11. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Algebra.... in college?

Take out a loan and be in debt for the rest of your life...

Actually graduate college though, you'll be glad you did.