Damn dirty apes!

Ski Mask

went and saw planet of the apes this afternoon. awesome movie. it doesnt have that wonderful b-movie feel that the first one had, but so long as you arent expecting that, you wont be disappointed. anyone else see it yet? opinions....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

comp, shut up. that was the coolest part.

and....i would hardly consider this a remake. its a completely different story than the first, and i personally like the story BETTER than the first, mainly because its makes more sense.

------------------

poop

I still prefer the first one, but this was well worth the admission price. When I first heard they were gonna do it, I was pissed cause I thought they'd fuck it up, but I saw a few trailers and it looked good, gradually I was looking forward to seeing it.

my only complaint was that marky mark sucked. Well, he didnt really suck, but he didnt do anything with the roll. you got the feeling you could have cast any decent leading actor in the roll and they would have done just as good.

Originally posted by knowlej:

i been waiting for LOTR for like a year

you wanna talk about people whining about the movie version being "too comercial" or "not true to the book" wait till LOTR comes out! no matter how good it is your gonna hear incessant fucking whining about it....

Guest SPLINTER

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT!

probably the best movie ive seen all year. i had tought about the whole time travel thing before the movie stated it. but i thought that pericles(monkey) had landed there first and established his leadership and then the human guy landed and since he came 2nd his race was 2nd. but it i couldnt understand how the 2 species came from 1 man and 1 monkey, but the true story line showed how the big ship lande first(which i still dont understand) and the apes evolved from the apes on the ship and the human were decendants from the humans in the ship. and the best part is when he goes back and abe lincoln is more like APE Lincoln.

this movie has a lot of meaning to it.

------------------

Until the philosophy which holds one race

Superior and another inferior

Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned

Everywhere is war, me say war

That until there is no longer first class

And second class citizens of any nation

Until the colour of a man's skin

Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes

Me say war

That until the basic human rights are equally

Guaranteed to all, without regard to race

Dis a war- Bob Nesta Marley "WAR"

dr beatbox: u see apes today bro?

Harsh is Like: yeah, bro

Harsh is Like: *shrugs*

Harsh is Like: dont ask me

Harsh is Like: i don't know :|

dr beatbox: don't ruin it bro

dr beatbox: ;|

dr beatbox: i = going tomorrow

Harsh is Like: i won',t bro

dr beatbox: ;d

Harsh is Like: but my advice is dont go all out with 7.75

Harsh is Like: catch it before 6pm

Harsh is Like: you wont regret it

dr beatbox: oh ya bro

dr beatbox: i = going with the fam

dr beatbox: we always do like 2pm

Harsh is Like: not worth more than 7 bucks ;|

Harsh is Like: good fam movie, i'll give it that

Harsh is Like: well, GREAT fam movie

Harsh is Like: i should take mine to see it

dr beatbox: family movies = ;d;d;d;dd

Harsh is Like: legally blonde = my next movie

Harsh is Like: omg i have to see it

Harsh is Like: reese in a bikini

REESE IN A BIKINI! http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'> http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'> http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'> http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'> http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'> http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

------------------

bubble hard in the double R

Originally posted by ese:

you wanna talk about people whining about the movie version being "too comercial" or "not true to the book" wait till LOTR comes out! no matter how good it is your gonna hear incessant fucking whining about it....

yeah thats why i'm not expecting LOTR to be that good of a movie ... no where near as good as the books movies never are...

as far as Apes went, that movie fucking sucked, waste of 8 dollars. sooooooooooooo shitty how could any of you have enjoyed that?

by the way splinter, the chimp's name was Hercules, not Pericles...

I did pay attention, maybe I shouldn't have though, because then maybe the movie wouldn't have been so predictable

I never even watched planet of the apes original before, and I knew what was going to happen ten minutes before it did - as soon as I saw his dashboard date moving forward through time the movie was pretty much ruined

I did pay attention, maybe I shouldn't have though, because then maybe the movie wouldn't have been so predictable

I never even watched planet of the apes original before, and I knew what was going to happen ten minutes before it did - as soon as I saw his dashboard date moving forward through time the movie was pretty much ruined

most people know the premise of the original movie, including the lapsed time, so I dont think there would have been much point trying to suprise people with it in the remake. If you wanted somthing brilliant and original you picked the wrong movie...if you wanted good effects, and action then this is for you.

Originally posted by SPLINTER:

but the true story line showed how the big ship lande first(which i still dont understand)

the big ship landed first because hundreds of years passed before marky mark landed, and during that time; the ship crashed, the apes evolved, the civilization started and so on. thats why the ship was all weathered an screwed up, cause it was hundreds of years old.

and the WORST part about all of this is...

the REGULAR HUMANS with GUNS all got punked by like 15 monkey's that were spliced with some human genes thats it

how the fuck do you get beat up by a monkey when you have guns & their monkeys for fuck's sake with a little human genes, thats it, there not brilliant they just know enough to not eat their own shit

retarded movie

oh for christs sake...cant you suspend belief a little? isnt that what movies are about? I can understand if you wanna nitpick details on Saving Private Ryan, or somthing based on actual events, but its planet of the fucking apes....get a life!

Originally posted by ese:

oh for christs sake...cant you suspend belief a little? isnt that what movies are about? I can understand if you wanna nitpick details on Saving Private Ryan, or somthing based on actual events, but its planet of the fucking apes....get a life!

you thought the movie was good man, you get a life!

i wasn't really nitpicking details - thats a pretty big fucken detail! the rest of the movie depended on that one, retarded, detail!

you thought the movie was good man, you get a life!

i wasn't really nitpicking details - thats a pretty big fucken detail! the rest of the movie depended on that one, retarded, detail!

you missed my point. I thought the movie was good because I enjoyed it, and it was fun to watch. Good doesnt have to mean cinematic masterpiece, just somthing you enjoy. Did the exact science behind jurrasic park (the details of how the cloning was done) ruin that movie for you? the "flux capacator" in back to the future required you to suspend belief for a moment...did you hate that movie?

my point is your taking a movie with a very unfeasable plot, and putting it under the microscope....ITS A FUCKING MOVIE! ITS FICTION! unclench your ass for 2 hours and try and enjoy yourself!

if you cant stand those little details, fine. if you didnt like the movie, fine. I could care less really. but to dwell on shit like that is just silly....

Archived