"dammit!!! your drinking again?!?!"

boogie hands

this is what i heard from my girlfriend last night, granted she has pms at the moment and is probably just looking for something to get pissy about but regardless, it got me wondering....do i drink to much? i know im not drunk status but im wondering if ive started to cross the line from casual drinking habits to drunkeness.....the run down

sunday through thursday: i average one beer with dinner (or one when i get home from work at 4) and out of the five nights 3 to 4 evenings ill top it off with some sort of liquor before bed, usually whisky or a martini depending on my mood and never more than 3.5 ounces....

friday: i have school the next day so i limit myself to 4 or 5 beers, or 3 martinis....once again depending on the mood

saturday: there is a 50-50 chance i will be shit drunk on an average saturday night, i usually always get drunk but the severity varies from "oohh, i have a bit of a buzz" to "whew, im drunk....oh word? you couldnt tell??" to "damn, mabey i should stop drinking and hit the bathroom"

the question is: is boogie hands on his way to becoming a fat, drunk bastard or is he just the average working american with the average american drinking habits (or the average american in his early 20s)???

share....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the answer is

Boogie Hands

i guess i could stop if i needed to but i dont want to so im not....i quit smoking after 6 years so i guess i have a fairly good deal of will power....

another tidbit....

i found out last week that the feild of employment im in ranks in the top 5 for careers in which the employees are most prone to alcoholism....

Guest --zeSto--

you dont have to be a homeless wino to have a drinking problem.

I have a serious one, but I still get my shit together.

The real question is...

do you feel guilty about it? If yes, than you know what you need to do.

and here's something to think about... (from my friend who's in AA)

Think about how much you drink at the tender college age.

Imagine where you will be at 30. Do you see yourself as a drunk at 40?

It's cool to be a shitface drunk at springbreak,

but not so cool to be drunk at your own kids graduation.

and the human liver will have irreversable damage after 6 years of heavy drinking.

I consider the amount I drink to be heavy.

Do you?

Guest imported_Tesseract

I know that tone

Boogie i know exactly the case, i dont know if you're having a problem or not, but here's my notes on the subject.

I dont drink much but i drink everyday and i drink by my self half the days total amount.

On weekdays i rarely get drunk, i drink a beer with lunch and 2-3 whiskeys after 8 pm( a 6 o'clock whiskey is a must but anyway)

On weekends i drink much, sometimes way to much.

The funny part is that its easier for me not to drink when i'm out to drink than not drinking when i'm alone at home.

Thats kinda frightening. An alcoholic doesnt always appear drunk, you're an alcoholic even if you cant resist that 1 or two drinks a day.

In that sense i think you are, but i dont concider that dangerous

Guest --zeSto--

Re: I know that tone

Originally posted by Tesseract

An alcoholic doesnt always appear drunk...

they rarely seem drunk.

This one friend of mine (the one who's in AA now)

Couldn't possibly get drunk on beer.

He drank two cases (48 beers) straight, by himself.

He was just tired because he had to stay awake all night to do it.

then he went down to the store at 11:00 the next day and bought more.

But he never really seemed drunk.

That's the scarry part... when you drink enough to knock out most normal

humans, but you're still getting warmed up. yikes!

i'm 20 years old and going out for a six pack in about 10 minutes. im a casual drinker an alcohalism runs in the family. but personally i dont think ill ever be an alcohalic(sp?) just because im a control freak. i have to be in control almost all the time one my toes an disgustingly alert almost all the time.

besides no alcohal tastes "good"

but i only drink to get drunk. or atleast to have a nice buzz. more often just getting buzzed is more than enough to relax, i dont need to be drunk, i get uncomfortable and am constantly critisizes my actions. i have to be, cause im the type of kid who gets drunk and is either mellow, or the other side of me pops out and i ask myself "i bet i can knock that faggot with a left cross, and im righty, an i bet imma bitch if i speak on it and dont knock him out" then i proceed to crack my knuckles and either ill snap out of it, or snap somebodys jaw.

then i wake up the next morning scolding myself for being so sloppy. so ive come to think drinking is bad 9 times out of 10.

regardless of why you drink or how you act, its just not good.

hence me on the path to better myself and learn from my mistakes.

"i just take the good with the bad, the right with the wrong" and build from there.

I'm focused mannnnnn....

haha....you know I had to reply to another drinking thread.....damn,I could be a spokesman for Jagermeister...but I really need to cut back-I'm starting to get burnt out.

mmmm...good responses, i guess i can relate to tesser more than anyone else....i drink more for the enjoyment, i like the taste of beer or wine with a meal and after a long day i enjoy relaxing with a glass of liquor....its more along the lines of something i enjoy than something i need....mabey ill take a few days off next week, dammit....im thinking about this too much

Originally posted by boogie hands

i guess i could stop if i needed to but i dont want to so im not....i quit smoking after 6 years so i guess i have a fairly good deal of will power...

congrats on quitting smoking. smelly habit.

Guest REMY-MARTIN

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against martini's ass in the alley after fucking a 15 dollar hooker...

Get your girl to drink with you. Try this Drink of the Month from the February Playboy.

POPSICLE MARTINIS

Passion Martini

Passion Fruit Juice, Absolut, and a watermelon Popsicle.

Apricot Martini

Apricot puree infused with ginger, Absolut, and a lichee Popsicle.

Serve one to your girlfriend and they guarantee you will enjoy watching her suck it down.

saturday: there is a 50-50 chance i will be shit drunk on an average saturday night, i usually always get drunk but the severity varies from "oohh, i have a bit of a buzz" to "whew, im drunk....oh word? you couldnt tell??" to "damn, mabey i should stop drinking and hit the bathroom"

...to "goddamn, there was crack in my hand at one point after i wandered into the ghetto before having to navigate a few miles back to the party."

but just remember, if you can't make it to the bathroom, puke with your hands behind your back. you owe yourself that much.

:D

the question is: is boogie hands on his way to becoming a fat, drunk bastard or is he just the average working american with the average american drinking habits (or the average american in his early 20s)???

share....

Alchoholism runs in my fam so I'd have to say it sure sounds like you're well on your way....but its never to late to get it under control....like maybe just drink on the weekends i.e. no afterwork/latenight drinks during the week. Limit yourself....I'm not trying to rain on your parade or any shit like that cuz Lord knows I could limit the amount of blunts I smoke during the week....but hey..just my 2c's

yeah. my friends are complete alcoholics, and we are still in hike skool. they cant go a day w/out drinking. and at lunch they go to this kids house to drink. cause the kid has a fake id...oh yeah i know, i have intelligent friends. They dont have a 5th period (we have 5th period everyday) so they drink from 12:20 to 1:50 everyday, and then drive back to school t-rizashed, and the weekends are another story, one kids brother is in a frat. so they go "frat-hopping" at the university and get 10 times as drunk as they need to. sure they are young and "having fun" but i can see them killing themselves.

Last night they came to my friends house, cause he lives right near the university, and they walked in yellin and shit. there was 3 of them. 2 couldnt walk for more than 5 steps with out falling. and the other one was pretty well off. i had to carry him. they sat down at some hot dogs and proceeded to talk gibberish...i kid you not. one kid was like "patrick, take me to asodfiahsdofiahsdfoha and then we can aodhfaosidfhaoisdhf, ok?" i thought he was coming on to me, so i told him to go die. the other kid was like "drive us back to my house so we can sleep and okngaougahsdkh", so im trying to wake up cause i was out on the couch. and they start throwing m&m's at me, and of course im half asleep and get pissed of. they dont stop and i warned them i would punch them in their necks. they stopped for a while and i drove them home. but the one kid who couldnt walk tried to,....and stood up then went back down... on his face. so i carry that bitch to the house. and they start throwing m&m's at me again. so i punch them in their necks. they go off crying and i go back to sleep. and they have no clue about what happend last night...punching them felt good to..... i love being the straight edge kid in my grade

Archived