1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

"dammit!!! your drinking again?!?!"

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by boogie hands, Feb 7, 2002.

1. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

"dammit!!! your drinking again?!?!"

Discussion started by boogie hands - Feb 7, 2002

this is what i heard from my girlfriend last night, granted she has pms at the moment and is probably just looking for something to get pissy about but regardless, it got me wondering....do i drink to much? i know im not drunk status but im wondering if ive started to cross the line from casual drinking habits to drunkeness.....the run down

sunday through thursday: i average one beer with dinner (or one when i get home from work at 4) and out of the five nights 3 to 4 evenings ill top it off with some sort of liquor before bed, usually whisky or a martini depending on my mood and never more than 3.5 ounces....

friday: i have school the next day so i limit myself to 4 or 5 beers, or 3 martinis....once again depending on the mood

saturday: there is a 50-50 chance i will be shit drunk on an average saturday night, i usually always get drunk but the severity varies from "oohh, i have a bit of a buzz" to "whew, im drunk....oh word? you couldnt tell??" to "damn, mabey i should stop drinking and hit the bathroom"

the question is: is boogie hands on his way to becoming a fat, drunk bastard or is he just the average working american with the average american drinking habits (or the average american in his early 20s)???
    share....

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  2. bug

bug Guest

bug - Replied Feb 7, 2002

the answer is

Boogie Hands

3. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

willy.wonka - Replied Feb 7, 2002

the average working man in thier 20's

are alcoholics....

4. bobobi11

bobobi11 12oz Elite Member

bobobi11 - Replied Feb 7, 2002

I would say average. That does not seem to excessive. The real question is "Could you stop?" Cause if you can't you have a problem.

bobobi11 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Feb 7, 2002

i guess i could stop if i needed to but i dont want to so im not....i quit smoking after 6 years so i guess i have a fairly good deal of will power....

another tidbit....

i found out last week that the feild of employment im in ranks in the top 5 for careers in which the employees are most prone to alcoholism....

6. pukey1

pukey1 12oz Elite Member

pukey1 - Replied Feb 7, 2002

pukey1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Feb 7, 2002

what the hell are you doing having hard liquor
    before bed? just cuz its so delicious?

8. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Feb 7, 2002

you dont have to be a homeless wino to have a drinking problem.
    I have a serious one, but I still get my shit together.

The real question is...
    do you feel guilty about it? If yes, than you know what you need to do.

and here's something to think about... (from my friend who's in AA)

Think about how much you drink at the tender college age.
    Imagine where you will be at 30. Do you see yourself as a drunk at 40?
    It's cool to be a shitface drunk at springbreak,
    but not so cool to be drunk at your own kids graduation.

and the human liver will have irreversable damage after 6 years of heavy drinking.
    I consider the amount I drink to be heavy.
    Do you?

9. imported_Tesseract - Replied Feb 7, 2002

I know that tone

Boogie i know exactly the case, i dont know if you're having a problem or not, but here's my notes on the subject.
    I dont drink much but i drink everyday and i drink by my self half the days total amount.
    On weekdays i rarely get drunk, i drink a beer with lunch and 2-3 whiskeys after 8 pm( a 6 o'clock whiskey is a must but anyway)
    On weekends i drink much, sometimes way to much.
    The funny part is that its easier for me not to drink when i'm out to drink than not drinking when i'm alone at home.
    Thats kinda frightening. An alcoholic doesnt always appear drunk, you're an alcoholic even if you cant resist that 1 or two drinks a day.
    In that sense i think you are, but i dont concider that dangerous

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Feb 7, 2002

Re: I know that tone

they rarely seem drunk.
    This one friend of mine (the one who's in AA now)
    Couldn't possibly get drunk on beer.
    He drank two cases (48 beers) straight, by himself.
    He was just tired because he had to stay awake all night to do it.
    then he went down to the store at 11:00 the next day and bought more.

But he never really seemed drunk.
    That's the scarry part... when you drink enough to knock out most normal
    humans, but you're still getting warmed up. yikes!

11. iCEBERG

iCEBERG 12oz Senior Member

iCEBERG - Replied Feb 7, 2002

i'm 20 years old and going out for a six pack in about 10 minutes. im a casual drinker an alcohalism runs in the family. but personally i dont think ill ever be an alcohalic(sp?) just because im a control freak. i have to be in control almost all the time one my toes an disgustingly alert almost all the time.

besides no alcohal tastes "good"

but i only drink to get drunk. or atleast to have a nice buzz. more often just getting buzzed is more than enough to relax, i dont need to be drunk, i get uncomfortable and am constantly critisizes my actions. i have to be, cause im the type of kid who gets drunk and is either mellow, or the other side of me pops out and i ask myself "i bet i can knock that faggot with a left cross, and im righty, an i bet imma bitch if i speak on it and dont knock him out" then i proceed to crack my knuckles and either ill snap out of it, or snap somebodys jaw.

then i wake up the next morning scolding myself for being so sloppy. so ive come to think drinking is bad 9 times out of 10.

regardless of why you drink or how you act, its just not good.

hence me on the path to better myself and learn from my mistakes.

"i just take the good with the bad, the right with the wrong" and build from there.

I'm focused mannnnnn....

iCEBERG - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. backcountrywriter

backcountrywriter 12oz Member

backcountrywriter - Replied Feb 7, 2002

sounds to me like your worring to much just drink a few and all your problems will slowly drift away...

backcountrywriter - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Feb 7, 2002

haha....you know I had to reply to another drinking thread.....damn,I could be a spokesman for Jagermeister...but I really need to cut back-I'm starting to get burnt out.

14. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Feb 7, 2002

mmmm...good responses, i guess i can relate to tesser more than anyone else....i drink more for the enjoyment, i like the taste of beer or wine with a meal and after a long day i enjoy relaxing with a glass of liquor....its more along the lines of something i enjoy than something i need....mabey ill take a few days off next week, dammit....im thinking about this too much

15. REMY-MARTIN

REMY-MARTIN Guest

REMY-MARTIN - Replied Feb 7, 2002

yes im drinking again....dont tell the wifey