Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

DALEK

Discussion in 'Style' started by remorseles, Mar 20, 2006.

1. remorseles

remorseles New Jack

So he's out there making money off his work and I am not... Here is the latest that i pulled out of transword skate today.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I have been seeing alot of his work over the past year. He has managed to achive some good sucess but i am not sure what to make of it though. He went from graff artist to now he's got his work with various companies. Is it a good thing or a bad thing. I think i just maybe jealous or some shit.

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

wait, dalek wrote graffiti?

3. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Yeah, you're jealous.

edit*
    I don't know the man behind the space monkeys but has Dalek ever claimed to be an actual writer? I can see how the masses hate dude for making money off, I don't know, a culture where most people risk their lives (well, financially anyway-> fines, jail time, etc.) for recognition. And it would be an ideal world if people actually put in some heavy duty work before claiming "ultra-keep's it real" status. But has Dalek ever claimed that position? If he did, then that's a bit fucked up. Oh well. Nevertheless, dude makes money.

I guess Dalek is like the opposite of Neckface. Plus, there's a lot of people who use graffiti as uh, what's the word that people are abusing, oh, "inspiration". There's worse out there.

I had a Dalek shirt 4 years ago.
    -J.

4. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Plus, not to mention Dalek is old news. Discussion since the 2002's khed. You missed out.

5. Chobbie Chob

Chobbie Chob New Jack

discussed since 2002 or not, i still find his 'work' dead-fucking-boring.

6. princeofatlantis

princeofatlantis New Jack

DALEK MAY CLAIM TO HAVE SOME GRAFFITI ASPECT BUT THINK OF ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT RICH OFF OF ONE CHARACTER WHETHER OR NOT IT HAD SHIT TO DO WITH GRAFFITI

HE SHOULD TEAM UP WITH THAT DUDE THAT MAKES THOSE MONKEY SHIRTS THAT SIXTH GRADE GIRLS WEAR

7. HECZONER

HECZONER Senior Member

i could never hate on someone for making money.

As a real estate mogul I wouldn't hate on D Trump for using his knowledge about real estate to make money and call him a sell out.

Inventors Dont hate on Mr. A Bell for the Telephone.

It's all about a PRODUCT. If you could invent a Device that everyone in the world wanted to buy from you would you sell it?

Well, DALEK invented a space monkey that some people want to buy.

8. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

9. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

dalek isnt a graffiti writer

10. remorseles

remorseles New Jack

I agree with you and every one else its just my preconcieved notion was that he had origins going back to graff i didnt mean to call him a writer thats just how i catagroized him as an artist. i am not hating on him its just after having had a skateboard since i was 5 and now being 23 and then flipping through a magazine and seeing his work and then seeing the shoe he has kind of made me wonder what the fuck i have alot of work that should be out there but its not and made me jealous thats why i posted it like that. merely venting thats all i guess.

11. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

lets watch him go crayzee frog stylee on our asses.

12. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

i've definitely seen him do letters..and seen many of his pieces in person and in mags like scribble. Does no one else remember this? It was just the 90's

13. remorseles

remorseles New Jack

I think alot of people concentrate more on the now instead of then. Were all so caught up in whats out on the markets now that we dont stop to remince on where individuals have come from. For example you see articles about DALEK and you see the here and now. I have an article on him and it mentions little to do with his past and more of where hes going and what hes doing. thats just waht i think. i know i have done that with a few artists.

14. Touch It

Touch It Member

I love the 90's skate'n , snowboarding, and graffiti! No real job.

15. perhap

perhap Member

yea, i liked scribble mag. i remember something of his in it.