Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

DAIRY QUEEN MASCOT, TACKLED NEAR STORE

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by AORAone, Jun 24, 2004.

1. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

Now, if only we could get folks to channel this energy towards people like OJ Simpson and Fred Durst, the world would be a better place....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dairy Queen Mascot Tackled Near Store

Thu Jun 17, 5:46 PM ET

OREM, Utah - It's not easy being a giant ice cream cone — just ask Andrea Wilcox. Wilcox was trying to lure customers to a suburban Salt Lake City Dairy Queen restaurant last weekend by wearing an inflatable "Curly Top" suit when she was suddenly tackled for no apparent reason.

"I heard a truck drive up behind me, so I turned around and was waving at them when a kid jumped out and ran toward me," said Wilcox, who didn't get a good view of the person. "I thought, 'What is he doing?' and he just tackled me like a football player."

Manager Sophie Thomas devised a new policy when it comes to wearing Curly Top.

"I will now only let them out there if there are two of them," she said.

The incident did not frighten Wilcox too much. About 15 minutes after the attack, she was back out waving to passers-by.

Another local restaurant chain has experienced a different kind of abuse when it comes to mascots.

Joe Johnson, owner of Little Caesars franchises in Utah, said they have never had their roadside mascots attacked, but people have thrown items such as mustard and ketchup packets.

found on another forum, no link. sorry poops.

2. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

thats why you should never become a mascot.

3. MurderSluts

MurderSluts Junior Member

:lol: thats awesome. i always wanted to be a mascot so i could act like a total ass and have no one know my identity.

4. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

that is true. however, mr. peanut, the mascot, makes about 10,000 a week for doing promotions. haha. i heard that somewhere, if its true, i wouldnt mind doing that

5. CinchedWaist

i would never be a mascot.
    the big outfits you'd have to wear would prob be smelly.
    be all claustraphobic...and hot.
    ugh

6. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

hahaha just the idea that they need two of them to watch each others backs.. this is awsome..

7. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

they should just have a gang of ice cream cones out front of the store all like, "DQ, whut!"

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I'd almost be willing to bet that somewhere...someone has this on video.

their probably drunk, watching it and laughing their asses off right now.

one of my friends in college humped someone dressed up as a subway sandwhich in a parade.

that...was fucking hilarious.

9. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

:lol: the mental image alone is priceless.. esp. if its the costume that has a permenant smile already sewn onto it.

[​IMG]

10. MartySchemeR

MartySchemeR Member

I seen a virus burnner in one of their commercals..:idea:

11. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

theres these apartments here in az, and they hire teen's to dress up in costumes and dance by the main road, pointing to a sign that has the apartments special deals or what not. at first it was funny. id see, spiderman, hulk, clowns, aliens, etc. but now its getting rediculous. they are starting to mix costumes. i saw a clown wearing a black bandana over his mouth like a bandit. ive seen all kinds of wierd shit now. we usually throw a random object or yell obsenities at them for our amusement. i have a really bad picture of one situation. i usually try and get a picture of the fools, but my digi-cams delay ruins it.
    http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v78/trendsetter/arizona%20thread/yuyuvfyyuyu_017.jpg'>
    a panda mixed with some kinda mask....

12. CinchedWaist

yes.
    but i'm not about to research this in work.

13. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

no its not what you think, there was a thread about it a while ago....

14. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

tossing salad. haha. no fraid not buddy.

15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned