DA VINCI CODE

EiZ

anyone read the book THE DA VINCI CODE? its a crazy good book, very interesting, and i couldn't put it down... some very weird stuff to think about. Dan Brown the author wrote the book well and made u keep thinking what will happen and it has a very weird twist at the end. im starting to read another book by the same author called Angels and Demons. if u didnt read it...... read it!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yes...It was very good...Hard to put down as well. I've read Angels & Demons also, pretty much on the same story line. I didnt really like the ending of The Da Vinci Code but nonetheless it was Grade A...Has anyone done the online thingy?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I liked Angels & Demons more, mainly cause the whole thing was so much more preposterous (don't worry, you'll notice when you get there). Both are great 2-afternoon reads, since they're so well-paced.

They're already doing movie deals supposedly, which scares me cause this book doesn't translate well to film and can get shat on (as has happened to a lot of Michael Crichton novels).

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I liked Angels & Demons more, mainly cause the whole thing was so much more preposterous (don't worry, you'll notice when you get there). Both are great 2-afternoon reads, since they're so well-paced.

They're already doing movie deals supposedly, which scares me cause this book doesn't translate well to film and can get shat on (as has happened to a lot of Michael Crichton novels).

As well as stephen king??

Mams

I know Ron Howard's doing Da Vinci code. I'd bet on Rachel Weisz being the female lead. And Maybe Russel Crowe as Rob Langdon...or someone similar.

I think it will translate very well. I actually think these types of books are the easiest to put onto film.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

i thought angels and demons just got too fucking ridiculous.

decption point was good too.

Haha, yeah Iquit. But I tend to enjoy books with ridiculous plots (which is why Clive Cussler is my favorite paperback author). Haven't yet read Deception Point or Digital Fortress.

Cipher, I do believe Russell Crowe is being courted to play Langdon. I don't think it's a bad choice at all, but I imagined someone less "hunky". My choice would be Liam Neeson. Rachel Weisz is dead-on though, that would be my choice as well.

I feel the book has too much intricate attention to detail and startling suggestions, which the reader can sit back and ponder on before continuing to read, that a movie simply can't allow in 2 hours. The whole impact will be diminished by the rhythm (which is probably gonna be pumped-up with required "action" scenes... the book offers few and not all that great), not to mention that everyone and their mothers have heard what the surprises in the book are about. Without those surprises and the carefully outlined research, the book would be just another trail-of-clues novel. Likewise, the movie will be another trail-of-clues flick.

If ur bored..or if u like to read ..try reading some books by James Patterson ... ... he has like 3 different series going on... a lot of his books are movies...for example Along came a spider...

1. Alex Cross Series -

2. Women's CLub - There are only 3 right now... 1st to die , 2nd Chance , and 3rd Degree

3. Really Sad Stories...

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Oct 6 2004, 08:35 AM

Haha, yeah Iquit. But I tend to enjoy books with ridiculous plots (which is why Clive Cussler is my favorite paperback author). Haven't yet read Deception Point or Digital Fortress.

Clive Cussler is my favorite as well. What's funny is when I read 'rediculous plots' Cussler is the first author I thought of.

Originally posted by crave@Oct 8 2004, 07:03 PM

Clive Cussler is my favorite as well. What's funny is when I read 'rediculous plots' Cussler is the first author I thought of.

Dude, if you dig ridiculous storytelling, you HAVE to read Matthew Riley's stuff. Probably the most fun books I've read in quite a long time... his hero character, a Marine called Scarecrow, makes Dirk Pitt look like Sally Field. Pick up "Ice Station" and "Area 7" when you have a chance.

For an idea of what it's like, I'll tell you this... in "Area 7", the guy manages to hijack a space shuttle in outer space, returns it to Earth, blows it up, then fights a convicted serial killer and tosses him into a pit full of hungry Komodo dragons, ALL WITHIN A ONE-HOUR TIMEFRAME. In "Ice Station", he blows up a nuclear submarine with a grappling hook.

I'm telling you, they can't be beat.

^^Jeffery Deaver's book "The Devil's Teardrop" was so fucking good I wanted to shit myself. One of the top paperbacks I've ever read.

Archived