1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Cutting yourself.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Father John, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Father John

Father John 12oz Member

Cutting yourself.

Discussion started by Father John - Aug 8, 2003

So im talking to a friend of mine, and she's bi polar...she's one of the nicest, coolest girls ive met, but she's bi polar and mood swings from sad to unhappy frequently...she basically has no self esteem...she also refuses to take any medication about it which I can understand...

anyway were talking about some issues of hers and she begins crying and saying how she used to cut herself across her arms and stomach a lot...i'm thinking "wow thats really bad this girl is either bullshitting me for attention or just needs some serious help.." but then I see her scars across parts of her arm and stomach...now i have no idea what to say after seeing that but just asking why?...I really couldnt get a straight answer out of her, and im trying not to look or sound too weird about it...

The whole point of this thread was to see if anyone of you knew anyone like this, who you helped...im just looking for some advice...

Father John - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Aug 8, 2003

No you're not.

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. atrocks

atrocks New Jack

atrocks - Replied Aug 8, 2003

i knew/know people like that....do her a favor and just make her take her meds already....

atrocks - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Aug 8, 2003

You're not thinking about cutting her are you? That could get you in LOTS of trouble if it goes bad...

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Father John

Father John 12oz Member

Father John - Replied Aug 8, 2003

no, not me cutting her, just her cutting herself...im not good at wording things...because im pretty stupid.

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Aug 8, 2003

Allright, look... you said it so I'm not 'callin you stupid' BUT... If you're stupid then you have ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS getting mixed up with a crazy girl.

Run the other way.

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. Daze One Million

Daze One Million 12oz Elite Member

Daze One Million - Replied Aug 8, 2003

but remmber only if it goes bad..... :lol:

-----

i knew a kid, a pretty good friend of mine actually, and he was all suicidal and shit and i was so sick of talkin to him like; chill man you dont gotta do this, things will get better, and i was like you know what fuck it, you wanna slit your wrists then do it, i pulled out my switch blade and offered it to him...i held it out for like a minute...he just looked at it and then said to me "you know what fuck that shit, put your knife away"....ever since then hes been normal

this might not work with a girl...and just to make the story clear i wasnt bout to let him do it, it was a tough love thing...and it worked

Daze One Million - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Aug 8, 2003

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. Father John

Father John 12oz Member

im not great with writing...and yea, it does annoy me a lot when she swings to that sad hopeless mode...but she also can be one of the funnest people to be around..

I dont know.... I think I might be too much of a sissy to try that tough love...because if she does do something that is serious to her heath because I offered, i'd feel horrible...

10. Father John

Father John 12oz Member

this girl also gets the occasional beating from her dad....

11. Daze One Million

im really feeling bad for this girl and i dont even know her, so you must be real fucked right now...you gotta convince her into takin medicine or something, i wouldnt recomend the touch love, that was between me and one of my boys, girls are way more fragil and prolly wont get it through thier head, if you really care bout her you gotta get her to take the meds man, its the only way before she hurts herself and the others around her, laydown the facts to her, let her know how much it hurts everyone she knows and that shes not alone that thier are a lot of people like that, she mostly likely dont want to take the medicine because its embarassing, "oh 2 oclock gotta take my antidepresents", let her know that it aint gonna change peoples perception on her, let her know its the only way...

12. Father John

Father John 12oz Member

thanks daze...I think im going to sleep on this right now..if I can sleep...

13. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

vinyl junkie - Replied Aug 8, 2003

known plenty of people like that...
    we affectionately refer to them as punk rock scars...
    she'll get over it and have some nasty scars to live with after...
    tell her to get tattooed... it hurts more and leaves a better looking scar...
    sorry, but i've known so many people that do that shit that i really can't take it seriously anymore...

i'm kinda serious about that the tattoo shit tho... it's some people i know, myself included a little...

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Daze One Million

no problem man, i came into this thread thinking it was about how to clean up a cut or whats the worst wound you've ever done to yourself or someshit, it was a surprise to me it was about some girl, anyway im a sucker like that, i cant stand to see girls in pain like that

15. Daze One Million

meet or meat?

haha