cutting your own hair!

TheVisualAssault

Sorry about all the threads I've been making.I hope you all aren't getting annoyed. Well since I got to college I've been a little broke, so I invested in a haircutting clipper thingy :-p "wahl" somehtin or other..... $20 bucks from walgreens.... anyways I cut my hair before and i have some common sense, so I have some idea what to do.... but i was wondering if you guys can give me steps or tips on how to cut my hair in a short fade,I usually get a zero on the sides and about a 3 or a four on top when i used to go to get one..... also if you have any sites or pics :confused: :o

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you want some advice i would say not to try and give yourself a fade. if you haven't done it before you will probably fuck your head up big time. do you honestly think you can maintain a line and not get your head all lopsided? are you ambidextrous?

i would say either cut it down to all one length or get a chick to cut your hair.

yeah.

I cut my hair every day with a short 0 clip on the sides and a 2 on top.

You just gotta practice and pay attention to what the barber does. kinda flair that shit out. I usually go to the barber every 2-3 weeks to clean that shit up. It's really not that hard to do both sides. I can't do shit with my left but manage to cut my hair pretty good.

Guest THE LAW

uggggggghhhhhhhh....at least you have clippers...make sure none of your friends have a thing for taking pictures....something like that could come back to haunt you.

Originally posted by Pistol

I cut my hair every day with a short 0 clip on the sides and a 2 on top.

You just gotta practice and pay attention to what the barber does. kinda flair that shit out. I usually go to the barber every 2-3 weeks to clean that shit up. It's really not that hard to do both sides. I can't do shit with my left but manage to cut my hair pretty good.

well this is what i do i do try to "rock"the clippers so it fades better, but do i use a comb or what? and how high do i go? liek this is what i do: i use a long 0, then i stop about the part of your hair that makes a point by your eyebrow. then from there i use a small 1 and try to get rid o fthe line but it usually stil shows :o and then ill use a 2, 3 or 4 ontop (big 2, small 3 or small 4). other times ill go high with the 0 and just try and fade it in. yesterday i did a big 0 to the point by my eyebrow (thats how i see it on black ppl so i figured id try out, i usually scope ppls hair with fadess and they think im lookin at them like i want to hit them or somehting haha) and yo do you straighten out the front? but to sum it all up how far up do i go with the 0? i dont like shaving my head because the gangster population is high here and id rather stay out of trouble :-p plus ppl will stare at me and when i look they turn like im some convict or something

since you trim the sides with a long 0. I woul ssuggest cutting with it. then blending with the 1 clip/blender. Don't shave up to high. The rest you just fade it. If anything I would practice with shaving real real low, fading, then going higher. So before you actually get to the spot where you want the fade you've already had some practice. Yes, I know it might take a while. But after a couple times you should do it enough to get by. And in the long run you'll save cash and time from not having to go the the barber all the time.

Archived