Cutting a Chain link fence

Fro

Would regular wire cutters work for cutting through a chain link fence? There is this construction yard i want to get into but, there's a 10ft fence with barbed wire. Last time i climbed a barbed wire fence i cut the shit out of myself and fell off the top. Just looking for other ways around it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

To those people that have those 'pocket sized' cutters. Is there any difference in how hard it is to cut through fences,barbed wire? Cause the ones I used were the big ones and they cut like butta. I was just thinking about the physics of it. you know longer handle better leverage easier to cut.

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by regulator

but these things cut fences like chris farley cuts farts

ahahaha just because of this metaphor, im going to have to go get some.

Originally posted by regulator

god i love bolt cutters....the only problem is that they are so fuckin big....how teh fuck am i gonna walk around carrying bolt cutters and not be noticed?? but these things cut fences like chris farley cuts farts

Does that mean bolt cutter don't work anymore since Farley hasn't cut farts for a few years now.:(

RIP Beverly Hills Ninja

C7's

bolt cutters are big, heavy, annoying, and if yer arrested can be called a deadly weapon by a cop...

if you go to a specialty hardware store, that works with metal, you can get a pair of (what i've known as) C7's. they go under different names, but they are basically super-wire-cutters. They are about the same size as your standard wire cutters, but have a much different blade, and are designed for cutting aircraft cable (super strong braided steel cable. a 1/8th inch thick strand has i think a 5000 pound limit) they do require a little extra hand strength when going through chain link, but not too much, and are much easier to conceal.

also, look and try to fid a corner that the fence anchors to (on a square lot the chain link usually continues and bends around three corners, and is anchored on one). when you find it, it will probably only have anchors (same thickness as chain link) every foot or so. then to get a three foot hole, you only need to make 3 or 4 cuts, instead of 20 or so...

have fun and liberate!

bolt cutters in your possesion after the sun goes down is some serious bad business... I would suggest making a mission out of just cutting the fence. Take no paint, no markers, no nothing. Cut and leave...

if you were to get caught with bolt cutters AND paint, Im sure it wouldnt be so pleasant

the dude above is right....if you are going to go out and make a passage through a fence(or fences),just go out one day with the cutters only...and already know which spot you want...and also..keep in mind like someone said above too...cut your part out somewhere where it might go un-noticed for awhile.

Guest serpent of the light

Re: C7's

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

if you go to a specialty hardware store, that works with metal, you can get a pair of (what i've known as) C7's.

yes! this is true, my dad has a pair which i like to borrow.

I once saw a super locked-down freight yard marked with signs saying "possession of bolt cutters in this area constitutes possession of burglary tools" and it didn't say anything about day or night. The drive-in gate had those severe tire damage things. I don't know what they were loading in there, it looked mostly like chemical tank cars to me, and this was way pre-911.

I agree with the advice up above, make the fence cutting a separate mission, and cut along a pole such that everything looks fine when you swing the piece back into place.

There is a slightly easier way to go over the top of standard barbed wire, just get a big enough chunk of rug, like a throw rug or a scrap cut or whatever and drape it over the top of where you're climbing.

yeah...some of you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. i dont know where everyone is from, but having gotten into many spots in major cities, i cant imagine anywhere being any harder to get into...ive yet to come across an unclimable fence...even with RAZOR (barbed wire is a joke) wire angled outwards....its all climable if youre smooth about it....cutting holes achieves two things: 1) lets people know that yes, the graff was done here (in the case of fr8s or clean trains) OR (in the case of spots), THIS is how they do it...and 2)it ensures that either you or somebody else is gonna get hemmed the next time by blowing the spot.

if you climb the fucking fence, no one know you were ever there. the easiest way is to find a corner, throw your bags over and carefully hold the angled razor wire support..get one leg over, get you toe tips under the bottom razorwire strand, between razors if possible. take a breather, sterady yourself, get the other leg over, and place it in the same way, leanign your weight on the angled razor wire support. try lifting each foot claer to maake sure your not snagged or wont get snagged jumping, make sure both feet are claer, and in one swift motion, jump backwardsaway from the fence and your money....coming out is twice as easy.

if there is no corner, and you really dont think you are steady or strong enough, use small bolt cutters (but like its been said, it def. makes you a candidate for way worse charges) i recommend one of two things: cut the razor wire itself, climb the fence, and when you leave, use one the chainlink fasteners to loosely hook the razor wire back to support you clipped it from....if this is too much coverup work, then clkip the fence...i think this is the longest and most annoying way, but if you gotta do it, clip from the ground up at a point where you can lift the fence after only 7-8 clips....in other words, kind of like folding the corner of a piece of paper, you wanna clip just enough that you boy can lift the corner back, you slip through, then you hold the same shit while everyoen else rolls in.. before you goin, try your best to make it look undisturbed, and just like the razor wire trick, try to reattach or retwist some link clips once youre out...it keeps the spot from being blown...its not so much about you, but about not fucking other wirters who dont know that soem kids are doing McGuyver type shit to their spots, bringin heat.

personally though, i think boltcutting is a sign that you havent tried hard enough to get itno the spot on your own...maybe this comes from an east coast roof-climbing mentality, but if Ive made it uncut over razorwire standing on ledges 2 stories up without cutters, i dont understand how you guys need cutters for like a fr8 spot....theres a way onto and into evereything.

as for the loser who really have trouble with barbed wire....im not even gonna rip on yall. barbed wire arguably the most easy to bypass shit in the history of security. ive grabbed barbed wire full on jumping a fence in a chase and all you fuckin get is a fuckin quarter inch puncture...shit most rollerbladers get hurt worse. the bigger fear with barber wire is fuckin tetanus if its rusty, not actually pain or injury.....try falling in some razor wire for some real pain. shit......

i know my west coast peoples know about this....here on the east coast most hot rooftops are razorwired AND greased....and still gettable. a chanilink fence with some razor wire is cake..........

peace to all my emotional thugs getting spots.....

"YES I IS"

hand held...

the hand helds go under a lot of different names... i've known them as C7's, but that was the call number in the catalog we ordered them from... They are a little bigger than regular wire cutters, big, but small enough to work with one hand... go to a hardware store and tell them you're looking for something to cut aircraft cable... if no one can help you, look around... they'll probably be with other wire cutters... there are 2 things to look for: first, the blades overlap like scissors- they don't meet together like bolt cutters or wire cutters (do you dig? they cross over each other as they close, instead of just meeting, sharp plane to sharp plane...) the other thing to look for is that the blades are shaped kind of like this: < ... when the blades are open they make an opening for the wire/cable to rest in ( <> ) and when they're closed the dips in the blade close over each other ( >< )... if i can get to a scanner or find a pic online i'll post one... these things rule and anyone who is inclined to use a pair of bolt cuters :rolleyes: should own these instead...

Archived