Curry munchin, or Drunken Friend Punchin?

RoboThruster

So my parents have been nice enough to offer me a trip back to the country I was born in. Pakistan. I have alot of relatives and stuff there that I don't often get see. But I havn't grown up there at all, and I don't know the language. I went just after I finished highschool in like 2000-01 and I didn't really enjoy the experience. I was mainly sitting around smilling politely thinking about how I had just finished highschool and should be getting very very drunk with my people back home.

I also have a whole lot of stuff to do here. Just mundane ish like getting a job and sorting out my degree/career. (the career bit is kind of important and urgent cause right now I'm in this degree i don't hate, but don't want to be in and the fact that I'm normally too busy to make the needed changes in an eduacated way because of the work of the degree its self is a total cunthole)

On the other hand over this time, I've actually developed alittle bit of nostalgia for my uncles and aunties and shit. I mean they are very different from me. But they are cool. And I figure free travelling, no matter where it is, is not something I should just be shrugging off.

So what do you guys think? I'm fucking confused. Having just started holidays, I'de really like to be partying and drawing on things and just generally living it up instead thinking about this crazyness.

End Whiney Rant.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Fuckin' do it. If you've got family, it's free board, and if the trip there is free, then I don't really see what the big hang-up is. Yeah, getting job would be a good idea, but it can wait for a few weeks. And it's not like you're really going to make the necessary changes to get on the educational path that you want to be on - you know you'll just put it off... I fucking have.

Bottom line is - it's a chance to go and experience some shit. Even if you've been there before, it's still worth it. I'd give anything to have trip across the world payed for - especially if there was some distant fam that i could meet.

I'm heading off to Thailand for 2 months when Uni is over this year, and yeah, it's going to be expensive, yeah - i need to get a job and save money for school next year, yeah - i need to get out of my cop-out degree and use my time at uni wisely, but no - none of those are good reasons to pass it up.

If nothing else, go just to take a break. Relax a little. Learn something outside your little bubble of existance, and maybe even learn something about yourself.

Just fucking go.