Critique my whackness

PERFECT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

How would I fix the 3D? Of course I'm open for all kinds of criticism. I want to figure out what's wrong and then go ahead and fix those problems in hopes that I'll become a better artist. Or a so called artist.

Dear god...

Perfect, please ease it up a bit. Slow way down and get to the real basics. I'm talking about straight 'dead' letters. Work on those for about two weeks. I mean really work on them. Perect them... no pun intended. Then post up what you have.

No sarifs... just straight letters. Similar to what Mber does, if you can find his work for a reference.

Originally posted by Joker

Dear god...

1st. Learn To draw straight lines, or something close to that.

2nd. Dont call yourself PERFECT cuz bruddah, you are planets away from it.

3rd. Like Joker said it would be better if you just drew straight up block letters than what you were trying there. You are not ready

4th. Go to borders or wherever and look at graffiti. Study that shit.

5th learn how to color

6th Once you start understanding letter structure, reach into your vault of creativity and come up with your own shit.

7th DONT BITE, especially if you are gonna post on here, cuz all these graff nerds will call you on it immediately

"You're wack until further notice"

what joker said - you gotta start with THE BASICS.

At least you haven't tried colours yet - because about 90% of the peeps on here shouldn't, but it seems that this is the focus of they're work.

- Don't work too hard on one sketch - try to pump out a few simple sketches and correct the things you thought were wrong about your last sketch in your next one.

- Practise your handstyle. Don't try to make it funky or outrageous yet - just try to write some neat letters for a while. . . then try to inject the funk.

- Spend more time on 12oz listening to blokes who seem to have a clue. And look at as MUCH GRAFFITI AS POSSIBLE.

- Don't expect rosy comments right away - always be prepared for the harshest critics. . because some people here will come pretty close.

Keep tryin man. You've done the right thing by coming here and asking for help rather than gettin all like "I'm s0 g00D Chek oUT mY MAd Sk3TCH". I thought you were worth a decent reply because you seem to be interested and ready to accept criticism .. don't let that change.

Originally posted by PERFECT

How would you recommend I practice drawing straight lines? Also, who is the MBer you speak of? Where can I find samples of his work? Thanks in advance.

how do you draw a straight line?

ummmm, couple things come to mind. use a ruler.

maybe stay of the fucking crack or whatever the fuck youre on that is making your hands shake while you draw like your jacking off or something... thats an idea....

christ, kids these days :beat:

How would you recommend I practice drawing straight lines? Also, who is the MBer you speak of? Where can I find samples of his work? Thanks in advance.

Scratch the Mber part I mentioned before. Just spend some quality time practicing straight letters. You know, like the kind of letters that large corporations use to give their image that 'Graffiti' look. Or find a typeface that looks like it could be graffiti and draw that for a while. You have a lot ahead of you if you want to be good. So you have to start with the basics. Just start simple and you'll be fine...

far from PERFECT

Originally posted by mr_president

:spent:

IM BLIND, IM BLINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Originally posted by mr_president

how do you draw a straight line?

ummmm, couple things come to mind. use a ruler.

maybe stay of the fucking crack or whatever the fuck youre on that is making your hands shake while you draw like your jacking off or something... thats an idea....

christ, kids these days :beat:

nice hands though.

lol, joker said "dear god" anyway man your dimensions are in like 4d or something, they are all over the place....and some parts non existant...your letters arent even consistent

draw block letters...plain ol block letters...add dimensions to that...make ALL OF THEM go in one direction...thats one way you can work on your 3d

i really dont know what else to say but, i hope you just started graff, so at least you have an excuse...im not one to usually come off like a dick, but damn even when i started i had dimensions down...are you an artistic person? i find that artistic people ussually get the concepts of depth down a lot easier than non artistic people..perhaps pick up an art book or something

http://www.supz.net/lier.jpg'>

NEW SHIT, CRITIQUE IT!

when they said straight, they MEANT straight.... how come the L is not in the same movement line as the rest.... why those silly little bars on the I the makes it look different from the other letters... the R is too small.......... follow those little tips, nice, straight stuff and you can maybe start pulling it off....work!

Originally posted by Pinup

when they said straight, they MEANT straight.... how come the L is not in the same movement line as the rest.... why those silly little bars on the I the makes it look different from the other letters... the R is too small, the I too big.......... follow those little tips, nice, straight stuff and you can maybe start pulling it off....work!

Archived