Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Critique my whackness

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by PERFECT, May 7, 2003.

1. PERFECT

PERFECT New Jack

2. TerraRyzeR

TerraRyzeR Banned

The 3D is way offff..... n ill let evey1 else tell u whats wrong with it
    :eek:

3. PERFECT

PERFECT New Jack

How would I fix the 3D? Of course I'm open for all kinds of criticism. I want to figure out what's wrong and then go ahead and fix those problems in hopes that I'll become a better artist. Or a so called artist.

4. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

Dear god...

Perfect, please ease it up a bit. Slow way down and get to the real basics. I'm talking about straight 'dead' letters. Work on those for about two weeks. I mean really work on them. Perect them... no pun intended. Then post up what you have.

No sarifs... just straight letters. Similar to what Mber does, if you can find his work for a reference.

5. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

1st. Learn To draw straight lines, or something close to that.
    2nd. Dont call yourself PERFECT cuz bruddah, you are planets away from it.
    3rd. Like Joker said it would be better if you just drew straight up block letters than what you were trying there. You are not ready
    4th. Go to borders or wherever and look at graffiti. Study that shit.
    5th learn how to color
    6th Once you start understanding letter structure, reach into your vault of creativity and come up with your own shit.
    7th DONT BITE, especially if you are gonna post on here, cuz all these graff nerds will call you on it immediately
    "You're wack until further notice"

6. cam

cam Junior Member

what joker said - you gotta start with THE BASICS.

At least you haven't tried colours yet - because about 90% of the peeps on here shouldn't, but it seems that this is the focus of they're work.

- Don't work too hard on one sketch - try to pump out a few simple sketches and correct the things you thought were wrong about your last sketch in your next one.

- Practise your handstyle. Don't try to make it funky or outrageous yet - just try to write some neat letters for a while. . . then try to inject the funk.

- Spend more time on 12oz listening to blokes who seem to have a clue. And look at as MUCH GRAFFITI AS POSSIBLE.

- Don't expect rosy comments right away - always be prepared for the harshest critics. . because some people here will come pretty close.

Keep tryin man. You've done the right thing by coming here and asking for help rather than gettin all like "I'm s0 g00D Chek oUT mY MAd Sk3TCH". I thought you were worth a decent reply because you seem to be interested and ready to accept criticism .. don't let that change.

7. mr_president

mr_president Banned

:spent:

IM BLIND, IM BLINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

8. illskillz

illskillz New Jack

yea just work at the basics for a while and work on your handstyles

9. PERFECT

PERFECT New Jack

How would you recommend I practice drawing straight lines? Also, who is the MBer you speak of? Where can I find samples of his work? Thanks in advance.

10. mr_president

mr_president Banned

how do you draw a straight line?

ummmm, couple things come to mind. use a ruler.

maybe stay of the fucking crack or whatever the fuck youre on that is making your hands shake while you draw like your jacking off or something... thats an idea....

christ, kids these days :beat:

11. lo-berto

lo-berto New Jack

that sketch is quite horrible and i don't understand why anyone would post that , it's fucking horrible i would be embarrassed if i drew some nasty shit like that and it was posted a chat board

12. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

PRACTICE PRACTICE AND UHHHHHH PRACTICE

13. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

Scratch the Mber part I mentioned before. Just spend some quality time practicing straight letters. You know, like the kind of letters that large corporations use to give their image that 'Graffiti' look. Or find a typeface that looks like it could be graffiti and draw that for a while. You have a lot ahead of you if you want to be good. So you have to start with the basics. Just start simple and you'll be fine...

14. 1HalfOfMe

1HalfOfMe Member

eh......me no like but then agian you did ask for critique...my bad

15. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member