Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

critique my shitty letters!

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by el coro, May 8, 2003.

1. el coro

el coro New Jack

hey all, i've been trying to get my letters up to par, and i dunno anymore. any feedback on what i'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. lets keep this constructive, bear in mind i am a 12 year graffiti vet, but my focus to this point has really only been characters and background elements, so i'm looking to balance myself out a bit. here area few letter sets i've done lately. personally, i think they all suck, and thats why i'm posting them. thanks-c36
    http://www.coro36ink.com/updates/sketchbook/katsuweb.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.coro36ink.com/updates/sketchbook/lets03-001web.jpg'>

2. Frost-BK

Frost-BK Guest

Not bad. . .The E on the last one is kinda wierd, anyways post more.

3. Kes_One_HTFD

Kes_One_HTFD Member

shits serious. i especially like the one that has the teal forcefield. i saw your other shit on that concept art website. those "doodles" are dope ass hell. The crosshatching you do with that brush pen makes those chracters look nice as hell. The jeans with no upper body look ill.

4. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

color that bottom corner in black?

i like katsu characters:cool:

5. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

12 year old vet my fucking ass...and if you aint the katsu now in NYC...get off his name.

6. el coro

el coro New Jack

actually, yes i've been bombing coro since '91. and katsu is my dogs name :)

7. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

im sure katsu has put in more work then both you combined...

8. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

where is this thread at??? I want to see.

You letters are clean, I see no major problem.

forcefield, lolz...I call it a 2nd outline, whatevers clever.

9. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

not bad, youve got coloring skills...I'm feeling the first and the second one

10. WRECKONIZE

WRECKONIZE Senior Member

11. HECZONER

HECZONER Senior Member

BETTER THAN SOME OF THESE FUCKIN WACK ASSES ON HERE!!

I DONT SEE WHAT THE PROB WITH YOUR LETTERS IS!! SHITTY? I THINK NOT, THEY ARE WELL UP TO PAR... NOT ONLY THAT BUT YOU POSTIN, UNLIKE WHYNING LITTLE BITCHES IN HERE!

12. eseLokE1uno

eseLokE1uno Senior Member

I find it hard to critique your letters since they are colored and you have dope fills and color schemes. Post some black and whites so that your letters stand in their standard form and ill get back to ya. You obiously know enough about art that you could camoflage your shit if you wanted to and I see a mix of basic graff with graphic degin in your first images. Its not bad but if you really want to develop them further find a style you want to do and sketch it over many times in pencil until you get it looking right. Then do that again and again kinda like doing quick figure drawings only you can come back and fix the mistakes-

13. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

what was that link to the concept art site you were on?

14. TheTruthHrtz

TheTruthHrtz Junior Member

Not bad. The first one is kinda interesting.

15. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

first off coro, you got unbelievable art skills
    second, you got the right attitude
    third the letters show skill, not really my personal style, but dope none the less