Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

CrimethInc

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fr8lover, Sep 16, 2002.

1. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

i just donated 10 bones and got about 4 great zines, stickers, flyers, newsletters and EVASION and DAYS OF WAR, NIGHTS OF LOVE in a nice box.

i read this zine called DROPPING OUT, this girl drops out of high school and writes about how you can live off the fat of the land and hoptrains/hitch and do whatever you want and steal to get by. interesting read.

DIY GUIDE II was fresh too, everything from how to hop trains, shoplifting and even a do-it-yourself herbal abortion pill (this was the only thing that kinda weirded me out heh).

now im reading EVASION and i can already tell ill read this book in a matter of a day or two it is a great narrative about living the free "anti-capitalist" lifestyle.

even though im a big chicken and probably wont go to these lengths to be "free," it is a great read and a chance for every suburban ock like myself to escape the clutches of money and greed through others.

2. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i've always wanted to check it out.

3. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

sounds dope.

4. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

the whole crimethink deal (including evasion) is pretty rad, and i will admit it changed the way i view some things, but the longer they're around the less i respect them... they really blew up when they released the collected evasions... ever since then there's been more and more people and their zines talking about how they're so alternative and subversive... they all write with the same style that evasion made popular and they all portray the exact same mentality and morals... i definately don't bathe on any regular basis, but if i hear the words "i don't believe in following other people's standards of cleanliness" i'm gonna hit someone...

the other thing that bugs the shit out of me is that while i whole-heartedly support theft, i support theft from large companies and corporations! the crimethinc kids not only don't speak against it, but they have admitted to stealing a car to fund publishing a zine, and ran a contest which involved breaking several individual's houses... that gets a big fuck that from me...

but anyways, good score...

5. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Someone..... link, I'm lazy.

6. socrates

socrates Guest

You paid for something anti-capitalist...am I the only one to see the irony

7. DOLR....LED

DOLR....LED Member

8. socrates

socrates Guest

that would make them capitalists???

9. Dirty_habiT

Anticapitalists tricking the capitalists outta their precious dollars. Now, as I was saying before.... a link? Am I speaking fucking Spanish here?

10. socrates

socrates Guest

Si, Senor:mexican:

11. SIEGE 1 NJ

SIEGE 1 NJ New Jack

CrimethINC has spawned thousands of kids to be dumpstering, poverty romanticizing rich kids to miss the picture. Some pretty cool ideas, but I don't want to get wrapped up in "free" yet seeemingly pretentious scene... Their DIY guides are truly sick though, so cred for that.

12. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

Been There

I got into a big argument about this already on here, so I won't do it again, but I'd like to point out that I was into all this same shit (except for shoplifting and stealing) IN 1969.

It makes me laugh. How many times are we going to re-invent the wheel? Anarchism dates from 1866. Anarcho-syndicalism in the form we see today, from about 1920. The IWW from 1905. The International Working Men's Association (just the name ought to tell you how old this outfit is) dates from the first International and the split between Karl Marx & Fredrich Engels and Mikhail Bakunin.

The ideas put forth by Crimethinc.com have been discredited since well before 1940. What's next? Bismarckism? How about something really new and untried? I don't think petty theft and vandalism is going to be a lifestyle with currency and staying power. Anybody remember Situationism? From the '70s/ early '80s? Weatherman Underground Organization? I didn't think so. They thought they were hot shit on a stick back in those days.

Rudy the Red? Bernadine Rae Dohrn? Bill Ayers? Kathy Boudin? David Gilbert? Jeff Jones? Susan Rosenberg? Silas Bissell? (ever bought a vacuum cleaner?) Linda Evans? Ted Gold? Diana Oughton? Terry Robbins? No? Use your browser, it's an interesting story. Sort of.

13. Dirty_habiT

Alright, way to make me not know what the fuck you're talking about. But, it sounds like you are very knowledgable on the situations... so I'll just blindly take your word for it while, at the same time, refraining from baiting you with a cross examination.

14. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

Aw, COME ON, Dirty

Type Bernadine Rae Dohrn and Bill Ayers into your friggin' search engine. It won't take but a minute. Time travel, fella. Did you know paisano wine fosters time travel? Must be the histamines in the red wine.

15. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

LOOK, i didnt get this stuff to do a 180 and change my life, i got it for some interesting reading material. im in no way a radical, and some of the stuff said i find funny instead of motivational. nevertheless, ive so far enjoyed reading the material and it has passed the time. THATS what i got it for.

jesus you guys...