Crew, Krew, Kru, Cru, Kroo, Croo, Clique,

Average White Railfan

just bored between classes, wondering what peoples take is on the "crew". a lot of people now a days say man i aint in no crew or i dont want to be in no crew. which i think is cool too because you have so many half ass motherfuckers out there its hard to be down with fools who aint really down, ya dig. i got love for all my crewmates. the ones i kick it with reguralry and the ones i only get to see 3 or 4 times a year. i think crews are a good thing in this graff game. but i understand the solo bombers position also. i always imagined freights to somehow replace that freindly comp between writers that all but died with the subways in nyc, and crews would be an intrigal part of that friendly comp. obviously no need to say the name of your crew(s) , this is more like a survey to see if crews (especially freight crews) are what id always thought theyd be.

how many of you are in a crew or have at least 1 or 2 crews that you push religiously

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Clans, posses, crews and cliques

All ya'll bitch niggas can suck my dick!

Remember Heltah Skeltah???? Ruck and Rock??

OOOHHHHHHH Ooooo OOOHHHHHH First.............

I can understand the way that people feel about crews from all angles....

My personal opinion is this: I had helped put a crew into effect where I'm at with a fr8 focus but we were smashing the main interstates with big crew stuff as a whole and nothing matches up to that point in my life where I felt the actual "brotherhood" appeal at an all time high! After that had peaked the normal "growing up" shit happened..........

Two of my best friends had kids and they both pretty much hung up the towel and called it quits......... kind of upsetting and it still has pretty much taken a toll on me because I felt like I belonged with these guys and we had been from the same mindstate and had known each other forever so we communicated like no one's business.......

It's kind of like Seen painting with Onorok ya know??? Sometimes the age gap or initial mindstate that you're in helps motivate you............

explaining why some crews have their "era" and then the dynasty ends!

Ever since that point I've been going through some bullshit in my life just like my two old friends are also....... I haven't any children so my hobby is not dead by any means........ Recently I got hooked up with some kids that I have respected from their stuff rolling into my yards but they're in another state/country for that matter. They got the same ideals and outlook on things as me as I've realized from numerous phone calls and attempts to visit that have gone awry...............

They respect myself and my current painting partner from us sending fr8's their way......... The feelings are real mutual as far as the way we both do things and if when we all meet and get together to paint and if things go well then I'll end up writing for their crew (this has already been discussed from so many fucking jokes and hrs of bullshitting about yards and life) and feel as if I'm at home again!! Kinda like a singles line on the phone ya know? A mutual friend hooks you up and then you talk or bullshit and get together and then start a relationship after being friends and then crew!! A crew is like a relationship of any sort ya know?? I've passed on offers to write for other crews 'cause I don't feel that belonging or respect for them for whatever reason........If you don't feel like you belong or you've got the same ideals and can get along with each other then fuck belonging to a "social club" of whatever sort!!! No personal bind? Then to hell with writing 3 or 4 letters next to your name.........................I'd rather have brothers or tight friends as compared to Joe Schmoe partner guy................

Oh yeah one more thing.........they are a fr8 based crew also!

This sounded real corny but "fucking eh" I'm trying to communicate something that pertains to belonging and relating to people, not just writers ya know??

Snafuno: speak on this would you please????

Crews...hmmm.....I remeber when I first started writing, I wanted nothing more than to be in a crew, any crew. But when my first chance came, I declined. Some kid who had seen my stuff around approched me and asked if I wanted to get down. I was like, well how about we paint together at first or someshit. Because after I thought about it I wanted it to be people I was down with and could trust. Turns out this guy was a chump anyways. Now the crew I'm down w/ (mostly freights) is a pretty tight knit crew. And they have been together for a while before I was around. I trust them all and love them all but sometimes I feel like the odd man out, since they mostly been together since day one, and I am a transplant from elsewhere. I probally would never join any other crew nowadays and sometimes don't represent at all. But I don't get up like I used to and I'm getting old. But fuck, thats no excuse, one guy is @ 30 and has the most ups still and w/ 2 kids.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

Crews...hmmm.....I remeber when I first started writing, I wanted nothing more than to be in a crew, any crew. But when my first chance came, I declined. Some kid who had seen my stuff around approched me and asked if I wanted to get down. I was like, well how about we paint together at first or someshit. Because after I thought about it I wanted it to be people I was down with and could trust. Turns out this guy was a chump anyways. Now the crew I'm down w/ (mostly freights) is a pretty tight knit crew. And they have been together for a while before I was around. I trust them all and love them all but sometimes I feel like the odd man out, since they mostly been together since day one, and I am a transplant from elsewhere. I probally would never join any other crew nowadays and sometimes don't represent at all. But I don't get up like I used to and I'm getting old. But fuck, thats no excuse, one guy is @ 30 and has the most ups still and w/ 2 kids.

What's it like in the SouthWest???

Good fr8 spots??

kevinstark98270@hotmail.com

got 2 crews that i rock on the regular...

1-from where i come from(all those dudes are like brothers to me...(shit we even get in beef with each other like brothers but by the end of the week you know it will be all good again.) i've know some of them since i was like 14 years old and we started writing togeather... other we met along the way and it all just fell in place...

2-where i live now, the dudes i kick it with, paint with, and all that shit...

havent know ay of them for very long(compared to the other crew im in) but we keep it real, its a tight little crew with 4 members, and we always paint togeather.......

the 2nd crew im in is kinda tight cause it lets me and the people in the 1st crew meet the other members crews from back home......

the only 2 crew i push...

down in a few others but im not tight with those people like i should be..... so i just keep it real for those keeping it real with!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm actually learning things about these guys from sharing and stuff where if I ever decided to move there that we'd be super tight ya know?? We get along real well and actually some of them are on this board......... Funny motherfuckers!

I don't know why in the hell I am sharing this shit here on the computer of all fucking places................................:confused:

Guest snafuno
I can understand the way that people feel about crews from all angles....

Word boring!!! I never had the oppertunity or had the desire to write with any cats. I saw my boy go through mad stages in a crew..From good to bad..I guess you could call it a learning expirience..But I witnessed kids who said they were down to ONE Cat that still is living proof of what a crew is. I think for the most part if there isn't that brother hood or strong desire to be tight, then there will be no crew! Most kids get in it to have the fame, to get up, to be a part of something and to say hey look at me I write with so adn so!! This is not a crew this is a childish fase that comes and goes like the season change...In my own personal expirience I learned and developed my own style by myself. I had no one to really take me under thier wing and say yo kid doth is, or freak this!! I give alot of credit to one person...he knows who he is. But he showed me the ropes adn spots to hit and let me stay at his house even if I did watch scooby-doo every mornig and night!!! A crew is about more than just that common bond of graffiti. Its a bout spending countless hours with eachother in train yards and wondering why the hell am I doing this??? Then you just laugh about it and become tight over time..If you can't be down with real life and the peolpe you associate with then the "crew" and relationship with fail! Big ups to the Canadians who were down with being open minded and sincire from day one.. That is love, even if i have never seen you or talked with you once!!!!!!!!!!:idea:

Snafuno........... thanks a whole lot man! I appreciate that more than you know............ I wish there was a bigger scene and more spots where we are but I can't change that and have put a lot of time into all the kids around here and still feel that we should/need to be somewhere else! Life has ups and downs but the crews need to stay as tight as possible................ I've got a friend on this board who is over on the other side of this country and when I talk to him on the phone it's like we never skipped a beat man!!! He might as well be living down the street from me 'cause when I hear his voice on the phone it's like "Yeah, how ya doing?" just like we painted together the day before and I hadn't seen him since the previous Christmas?!?!?! Some people got good vibes and other people don't!! I just want to feel some GOOD VIBES DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Guest istepdincrap

it's wierd, me and a couple guys started this crew in like 96, it got pretty big over the years, everyone is pretty damned skilled, few are not immediate, the rest of us basically only hang out with eachother, it's like we all have the same last name, those "famous" 3 letters!

word on the Helthah Skeltah shit..haha..that shit is dope.

enter the "Grate Unknown"...

Crews are a weird subject where I live and come from.Over the years there have been numerous crews with all the same writers representing them(just scattered around a bit..),new faces that come and go,people who "fall off" for whatever reason...I remember when I first started writing I was asked to join one and I declined..mainly because I didn't feel ready to go out there and represent,I didn't like anything I was doing and I just wanted to learn before I commited to anything long term.After awhile, a good friend of mine asked me if I wanted to rep his crew(his crew had been dying for a few years by this time) and since I respected him,I said "sure".I will still put his name up as long as I continue writing..meanwhile..he had left the city and I hadn't talked to him for a long time and began chilling with what is now my crew today..started out having freestyle sessions and drinking Hurricane 22's in the back of a Nissan Pulsar..then we would go out and just get busy..I will never forget that..with the additions of people who we thought had potential we started a crew that is still going strong to this day..Peace to Pestoe and Agro...I'm stoked to have you both representing the family--both of you have come a long way since we first met.Respect also goes to my friends and fellow writers who have had faith in me---you shall receive the same in return..Growing up as an "only-child"..these people are like brothers I never had...Yo,Boring! I'll get in touch with you soon..until then hold your head and maintain...I e-mailed one of your friends from 'Coover.Obsessive Militant Tactiks..wut's up Snafu?

i got a crew thing but not really. it me and theese 3 other dudes that just gave us three a little name since i dont consider it a crew just we were allways down since day one. we all got each other into it and went out. so its just our little thng you know. and i allways wil push it.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

We have a guy like that in denver. Totally crushes shit and has two kids also. I think that he is 32.

Crews are good for me atleast. The first crew that I was in really sucked nuts. The guys were more into being criminals and drug addicts than being writers.

Just recently I got into a new crew. I have seen these guys up since I started painting and really respect their work. Since I have gotten to paint with them and get down I really do a lot more graffiti. It is a huge motivator. I always think to myself " I gotta get the crew out there I gotta represent" Before I didn't really have any reason to get out there. I didn't want to do a lot of toy ass graf before I felt self confident and had a foothold in the scene.

this is an interesting issue.i've seen plenty of kids come and go in my days and one thing i've noticed is that the newjacks always, ALWAYS start up silly little crews almost immediately. it's the art of imitation and it's a really strange sort of need to belong that i've never been able to fully grasp even when i myself was involved. what the hell am i trying to say here...i've pushed one such crew when i started that died out after a few years, as they most often do, for various reasons. in more recent years i got down with another who are tight skillswise but, lacked the brotherly aspect of what i believe a crew to genuinely represent. i'ts funny because the later is/was much more respected to the outsider but, within, it ceased to really be a crew but, rather an attachment at the end of my moniker. this ultimately is what lead to my exit. looking back, that first silly little crew was just that, a crew. we didn't care about so-and-so or anything else for that matter, just destruction and each other. i've never found that since and don't expect to ever again. don't get me wrong, i've got much respect for the people i get up with these days and most of them have a name for themselves and push "known" fr8 crews. as i've gotten older i guess i've lost some of that innocence of wanting to belong. perhaps i will end up pushing others but, i don't think it will ever compare. ok, now i'll go vomit.

Guest Handjob
Originally posted by snafuno

Big ups to the Canadians who were down with being open minded and sincire from day one.. That is love, even if i have never seen you or talked with you once!!!!!!!!!!:idea:

Thanks, homie. you guys (safuno, Boring Bastard, TTBoy) aren't just a part of the brotherhood, you help make the brotherhood.

See ya where the steel lives...

crews...

i myself, don't write with a crew. to me, graffiti is about self-expression...it's art, not just senseless vandalism. i think you should write your own shit, not somethin for all your boys to get ups too. crews also are what gave graffiti the 'gang-related' outlook, and that causes more reason for investigation and speculation from the publics outlook. i've heard plenty of stories about whole crews getting busted...and that ain't how it's going to happen. if i paint with you, i trust that you won't get caught very easy, and if you do...you will keep your mouth shut. do your own thing, be original...

crews are weird for me. i have grown up(graff-wise) around an amazing and prolific crew but have not put in the time in either friendships or painting for them to even think about putting me down in that or any other of their crews. still, i have always secretly sort of wanted to have that sort of friendship part of being in a crew.

however,not being in a crew has allowed me to do whatever i want without feeling like i owe it to anyone else to paint more, or hit this or that, or paint in this style or whatever. and i get to push what ever i am into whenever i want.

still. . one day it would be nice but only if i put the proper time in

Crews are cool to a certain extent, i mean yea if you trust the guys that are in it with you, i loathe kids who get in a crew 2 rep something with out even knowing the writers in it, its like that shit makes common nonsense, plus come on when your low on paint your crew dont give a shit if you use their cans caps markers heck even their fuckin shoes and skateboards, but the shit i kinda dont like about being down with a set is that, its like your enemies are my enemies... theres nothing wrong with that but a lot of shit can come on 2 you even if your not part of it but that shit goes both ways bad and good depends on how you look at it! Well yea ima shut my mouth already, but another reminder of why not 2 let just any one in with ya crew is because you can be reppin hard and burnin ya city and then john doe the new head in the crew reps the same shit but fucks everytime he tries 2 get up...well then my friend that reflects upon every1 in ya crew and there goes reppin ya crew... get down with a crew if your down for the same cause

• 2 weeks later...

my small crew gets up alot by were we live,its only five of us but were dope and well known its KAY,RED,ARSON,FUNZ,and GONZ my crew is the niggas i chill with most so i guess they mean something to me but whatever im just glad the writers stick together

Originally posted by KAY.ARc

my small crew gets up alot by were we live,its only five of us but were dope and well known its KAY,RED,ARSON,FUNZ,and GONZ my crew is the niggas i chill with most so i guess they mean something to

me but whatever im just glad the writers stick together

SHIT

Archived