Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

credit cards anyone?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Tyler Durden, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

alright, so, i need to get a credit card because this atm/debit shit isnt hacking it anymore and i really need to start building credit. my moms offered to cosign one with me so im researching some stuff and seeing what looks good.

any reccomendations? what cards are you guys using? any major problems with them?

if i was going to base this purely on looks id go with those ill amex "blue" cards...the clear ones. those are GANGSTAH to the fullest. wordlife. throw the relish in your back pocket. other cards ive been looking into are bankone and discover classic although ive heard discover sucks.... as soon as i get this though im making one purchase, and one purchase only (for awhile...):

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/440/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/beautyshotpowerbook15_0903.jpg'>

(note: "major problems" with your cards DO NOT entail you being stupid and not paying shit off.)

2. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

well i was stupid and didn't pay mine o... oh... wait...

personally, i'm fine with the check card thing... it makes it a little harder to get in debt... and i had absolutely no credit history up till a few months ago... i kinda wish i could still have no history...

3. krie

krie Guest

i aint getting a credit card till im in a full time postion job, where i know my job is fairly secure.. but i like the prinicple of "if u dont have the money at the time, you cant have it" gives me a reason to save, so i can get it out right

4. Telo

Telo Elite Member

word to me beating everyone up..

5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

be careful. i have a visa, everywhere accepts visa, alot of places dont accept anything else. esp overseas. visa is ok. just get the lowest rate.

6. cutlips

cutlips Junior Member

oh yeah $18,000 into debt between car and credit cards....i do a great job at spending money i dont have:)

7. BOZACK

BOZACK Member

^^^you = fucked

8. krie

krie Guest

that cant be too comforting

9. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

god damn. $18,000 in debt? good lord!

10. garcia_vega

garcia_vega Elite Member

nobody takes discover. i used to have a visa vard but they just cancelled my account becuase i guess you're supposed to pay them every month or something. haha. my credit is fucked but i figure i can just pay cash for everything and live in apartments for the rest of my life, or find a wifey with good credit.

11. metallix

metallix Elite Member

bend over and let the man stick you.

yes apply for your privelege to consume. the capitalist master wants to give you credit. no job, no money, no problem! Nobody denied!

Just sign on the dotted line, buddy.

12. krie

krie Guest

mmm i take back that statement, most home owners are in debt of 100K or so for a home loan, 18K aint too bad compared to that,

13. Tyler Durden

yeah, as far as debt goes, im well aware of the risks and all that. i really dont plan on purchasing anything other than that lovely 15'' g4 and then paying off at least the minimum for awhile. always on time. i figure after thats paid off ill have a good start of credit history to build on.

im really kind of actually planning on leaving the card at home while im paying off the g4 so im not tempted to buy anything, even though i got cash in my checking (not enough for the g4 though....shucks...) so ill use that for my everyday shit and stick to paying off whatever card i get.

anyone have a bankone? i enjoy the fuchsia color and the rates look ok (?).

http://www.bankone.com/images/05686_PV_rRGB_i44170200356.jpg'>

8.9% apr (variable). with no annual fee. does that sound good?

14. Tyler Durden

thats pretty much the plan.

15. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

tyler dont get a card based on how it looks

-your friend,
    bertrum fatface