CREATIVE JOB IDEAS?

dumy

Sooo I hear time and time again..Advertising is really hard..no money in that..

and Graphic Design is the kiss of death for a long term career..

etc..

someone tell me some job ideas for a creative minded person that don't suck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Learn to tattoo, once you get good you get paid really well. Plus you get to see hot chicks private areas :naughty: Down fall, you will also see ugly chick private areas :yuck:

Sales....

it's not all sleazy car dealership and door to door steezie.

I work as a sales executive and the best thing I find about sales is that your income is only limited by the amount of work you put in. The more work, the more money you earn. If I work overtime, it shows in my paycheck.

But you have to be a social person for this kind of work. If you hate people, you're shit out of luck. Then again, if you dig manipulating folks, sales might be right for you.

Originally posted by LENS@Mar 9 2006, 04:45 PM

Sales....

it's not all sleazy car dealership and door to door steezie.

I work as a sales executive and the best thing I find about sales is that your income is only limited by the amount of work you put in. The more work, the more money you earn. If I work overtime, it shows in my paycheck.

But you have to be a social person for this kind of work. If you hate people, you're shit out of luck. Then again, if you dig manipulating folks, sales might be right for you.

yeah I've worked in sales before Lens..I'm pretty good at it..but the thing is theres a lot of pressure involved in that line of work..if sales are going great..they love you..as soon as they fall off..no matter if its your fault or not..start looking for another job..i'm in that situation right now..thats why I'm looking for another job..

yeah , i hear you on the whole pressure situation. My boss was on my ass last week and when i closed a hefty deal yesterday he is all smiles and "let me take you out for beers...yes?"

The Japanese...so quirky

Uhmmm, well, i dunno Dumy, i'm really happy where I'm at so it's kinda hard to suggest other jobs. Personally, i am shallow with regard to job satisfaction and as long as it doesn't involve homosexuality, i have no qualms about a job if it pays me big bucks

Originally posted by johnny ballbags@Mar 9 2006, 04:59 PM

seriously though gettin into doin tats is good $$ if you got the dedication to go through an apprenticeship (is that even a word?) for a minute until you get where you wanna be...

I have friends that do this..one of my homies just opened up his own shop..theres no money in it for apprentices in my town..and I think it takes a lot more dedication than I currently have for the craft to really succeed at it..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Also, I work in advertising. Long hours, OK pay. I'm actually earning a hell of a lot more than someone with my experience should be, but it's still not as much as I think I deserve. There's big bucks if you get to be a creative director though. I dunno, for now, I'm kinda in it for the ride, I'm learning an enormous amount of shit and making a lot of connections. I don't think this will be my career.

I've actually considered going back to school for a non-artistic/creative degree. Working in a creative field such as advertising is really exhausting mentally. I don't really like getting home and feeling like turning off my brain and imagination and not having the energy to apply creativity to my personal life.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 9 2006, 05:12 PM

Also, I work in advertising. Long hours, OK pay. I'm actually earning a hell of a lot more than someone with my experience should be, but it's still not as much as I think I deserve. There's big bucks if you get to be a creative director though. I dunno, for now, I'm kinda in it for the ride, I'm learning an enormous amount of shit and making a lot of connections. I don't think this will be my career.

I've actually considered going back to school for a non-artistic/creative degree. Working in a creative field such as advertising is really exhausting mentally. I don't really like getting home and feeling like turning off my brain and imagination and not having the energy to apply creativity to my personal life.

my sentiments exactly.. i want to work on my personal shit when i get home but i just want to sleep..

but we do get slow days we can just bullshit and make fake movie trailers and play wiffle ball..

Originally posted by jbrshmonster+Mar 9 2006, 05:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jbrshmonster - Mar 9 2006, 05:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-El Mamerro@Mar 9 2006, 05:12 PM

my sentiments exactly.. i want to work on my personal shit when i get home but i just want to sleep..

but we do get slow days we can just bullshit and make fake movie trailers and play wiffle ball..

[/b]

yeah, actually I've always wanted to work in advertising, since I was about 14 or so, but I keep hearing that jobs are scarce. I've always considered myself and idea person (hah..wish you had a dollar for how many times you hear that)..do you guys or anyone else have any suggestions for job/career paths that would compliment this line of thinking?

Originally posted by dumy@Mar 9 2006, 04:41 PM

etc..

AKA...how can i dick around being a silly art fuck for the rest of my life and make bank. theres millions of other people just like you. figure out what makes you different from the other hoardes of "creative people" and sell yourself. but then again, everyone else does that too...

good luck. i realize i am of little to no help so you needn't point that out...

Originally posted by SPRACK ATTACK+Mar 9 2006, 06:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SPRACK ATTACK - Mar 9 2006, 06:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Mar 9 2006, 04:41 PM

etc..

AKA...how can i dick around being a silly art fuck for the rest of my life and make bank. theres millions of other people just like you. figure out what makes you different from the other hoardes of "creative people" and sell yourself. but then again, everyone else does that too...

good luck. i realize i am of little to no help so you needn't point that out...

[/b]

i'm not really about dicking around homie..I'm down for hard work..but at the same time I want to be fulfilled in my professional life..if I'm going to break my back making someone else rich I'd rather it be off the strength of my ideas and creativity and not my shoulder muscles..I, nor anyone I know, would fall into the category of "silly art fuck"

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by dumy@Mar 9 2006, 06:00 PM

do you guys or anyone else have any suggestions for job/career paths that would compliment this line of thinking?

I think you should rap.