Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

crazy crayola pencil blackbook styles... .

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by supercooey, Jun 3, 2003.

1. supercooey

supercooey Junior Member

crayola is fun times. maybe some of you other guys out there who enjoy such things can post similar flix..
    here's some quick scans of some shit from a new book..

some silly stuff to start things off
    http://digitalnova.net/~krial/cooey/graff/yeooc1.jpg'>

some really gross fineliner crap
    [img]http://digitalnova.net/~krial/cooey/graff/yeooc2.jpg'>

my boy nesr and his drunken wall throwdowns
    [img]http://digitalnova.net/~krial/cooey/graff/yeooc3nesr.jpg'>

more fun with crayola :eek:
    [img]http://digitalnova.net/~krial/cooey/graff/yeooc4.jpg'>

and again.. sometimes hard to blend with such gay colors
    [img]http://digitalnova.net/~krial/cooey/graff/yeooc5.jpg'>

crazy aspire and his wonderous letterings.. .
    [img]http://digitalnova.net/~krial/cooey/graff/yeooc6aspire.jpg'>

now that laughtime is over, perhaps someone could provide constructive critisism on what i can improve on. i know i need better basic letter structure. still working on it daily. tips on 3ds, fills, or just general help with using crayola pencils for this kind of crap would be greatly appreciated... .

peace :lick:

2. 5ive0ero2wo

5ive0ero2wo New Jack

nice sketches, i like that third flik of that dude just fuckin around, tahts nice shit... :D

3. Vlad

Vlad Senior Member

4. trickone

trickone New Jack

i like the aspire

5. dork

dork Member

6. TerraRyzeR

TerraRyzeR Banned

7. mogilny

mogilny Senior Member

8. Sickboy

Sickboy Member

And kids....this is why we don't smoke crack.

9. EveryWhere

EveryWhere Senior Member

Aspire makes his letters flow really well

10. wade23

wade23 New Jack

keep working on the letter forms

aspire is dope...
    my advice on crayola... pencil crayons it looks like?!?

dont use them. you are right, the colors are gay and you can't blend wit em....

instead use good art markers like prismacolor or tria theres wicked colors selection!

you can do slick looking highlights on letters using a white gel pen.

for outlines what i like best is the pigma micro pens (size 1) or small sharpie markers

the best writers stylewise are the ones who sketch a lot and keep trying to build skills and innovate... keep it up!!!

11. greensleeves

greensleeves Senior Member

WOAH! someone finally understands what true sketching power is, i commend you on your transition from paintpens and sharpies to the wonderful world of crayola, you sir are a true artist

12. supercooey

supercooey Junior Member

greensleeves, thank you for noticing. after years and years of pointless, ugly looking marker and paint pen piecing, it was time for a change. crayola is the way to go, wether you're a budding young artist of six years old like me, or a long term artist that knows whats up.

wade23: yeah, they're pencil. id usually not work with these, but it's pretty much all i have around - i used to have a dope collection of prismas and paintpens, but the wife tossed them out a few months back cuz the man stepped in and decided it should be illegal for me to posess such things. sure i could get more, but for some reason im enjoying the pencily flow that can ensue. sometimes i feel as if i can get more detail into my shit with the pencils rather than i could with marker/paintpen..

you mentioned white gelpens for highlights.. you talking on a pencil crayon piece? sounds like it'd probably work quite well. thanks for the tips and such.

and yes, aspire is quite dope. i love this guy's letter flow. everything ive seen him done burns like hell and i have nothing but mad respect.

anyways thanks for the replies, and keep the comments/critisizm flowing.. maybe greensleeves would be nice enough to grace this thread with some of his quality, smack-you-up-square-in-the-eye-ish type crayola joints.

peace out le gang.

13. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor Elite Member

:cough:

14. supercooey

supercooey Junior Member

get a clue, dawg.. .

15. krie

krie Guest