Cracking THE DA VINCI CODE

Chance Em Redy

Yeah i just finished reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I thought it was a really interesting story with alot of information (im assuming mostly true) that i never knew- much less never thought about. I found it quite interesting when they were talking about Leonardo Da Vinci, and how he hid messages in some of his most famous artworks. Personally, i havent seen the originals in real life, so does anyone know if theres any truth behind the stuff Dan Brown wrote in that book?

And those who havent read it, i advise that you do. Religion, art, conspiracy theory, european background, little know knowledge, sex..it has it all.

Those who read it, please share your insight.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Its very loosely based on fact - all the art works and places mentioned are real - Jesus prolly had a wife (and prolly fucked her to produce a kid) - If he didn't it would have been written about in the bible - think about it - Jewish men of his time all had wives and kids - If jesus didn't - it would have been mentioned - but if he never had kids someone would have wrote about it in the gospels because it was out of the ordinary - I liked the book but enjoyed the prequel Angels and Demons more so - same stuff: Religion, art, conspiracy theory, european background, little know knowledge,

Book was a great read. I devoured it in a day or two.

I was just in B&N on monday and saw a new edition complete with the artwork images, maps, and graphs in the corresponding areas of the book.

If you haven't read the book, I would definitely suggest picking up this version because it probably complements the book to the maXXX.

Not interested...I'd rather be rocking ill style n shit rather than read some goofy ass book n shit. I mean, ain't this book like some wannabe version of that ill fuckin Nick Kage movie comin' out(National Treasure....that movie looks ill as fuck dude.)

But yeah, Da Vinchi Code looks weak. Reading is hella boring n shit. I go to school but I'm gonna make a living from graff because heads are making mad money doing commercials and product sponsorships like video games n shit. That Mark Echo game looks hella dope. Like, i can practice my moves n shit so when i go out for reals the cops won't be able to keep up with naw mean?

Yeah, I'm not down with that book. Like, I'll read a magazine n shit now and again but I'm too busy bombing with my krew (ASR heads rock the steel yo.) to read n shit. If I wanted to read, I'd stay after school n shit, naw mean?

Originally posted by ButtMunch@Nov 19 2004, 02:41 AM

Not interested...I'd rather be rocking ill style n shit rather than read some goofy ass book n shit. I mean, ain't this book like some wannabe version of that ill fuckin Nick Kage movie comin' out(National Treasure....that movie looks ill as fuck dude.)

But yeah, Da Vinchi Code looks weak. Reading is hella boring n shit. I go to school but I'm gonna make a living from graff because heads are making mad money doing commercials and product sponsorships like video games n shit. That Mark Echo game looks hella dope. Like, i can practice my moves n shit so when i go out for reals the cops won't be able to keep up with naw mean?

Yeah, I'm not down with that book. Like, I'll read a magazine n shit now and again but I'm too busy bombing with my krew (ASR heads rock the steel yo.) to read n shit. If I wanted to read, I'd stay after school n shit, naw mean?

if this was a joke, you're funny.

if this wasn't supposed to be funny, you're a joke.

Yeah i seen the illustrated version, but it cost over 10 bucks more so i opted for the plain old version. Dan Brown does a nice job with his descriptive writing style, i dont see any need for it. (Im sure the publishing company would say otherwise. :innocent: )

And to the guy that said reading is boring and shiet, well everyone is entitled to their opinion and all, but honestly everyone has to admit reading holds an important aspect of daily life. As to saying your going to drop everything and dedicate your financial life into writing, i wish you good luck- i've known alot of dudes who struggle with that lifestyle everyday. Dont get me wrong, id take a dozen of rustos over a two hour lecture anyday- but you have to think realistically."Nah Mean."

:haha:

Fantastic book...I hear they're making a movie of it with Tom Hanks...(big budget-probably won't compare)

I found it interesting how the religious society resembles our government by the cover-ups and lies to reach personal goals and agendas.

It didn't make me question my faith, but it did make me realize that you can't trust everything that is written or what is taught to you. The truth is out there...

if you dug that, read 'holy blood, holy grail'. it's an excellent reference.

here are some links

the corpus hermeticum

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/herm/

the "real" da vinci code

http://www.mayoff.com/TheRealDaVinciCode.html

the gospel of mary

http://www.gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

there are tons more...

i think magdalene.org or .com something...can't recall....

Overcome by your

Moving temple

Overcome by this

Holiest of altars

So pure, so rare, to witness such an earthly goddess

That I've lost my self-control, beyond compelled to throw this dollar

Down before your

Holiest of altars

I'd sell my soul, my self-esteem a dollar at a time

For one chance, one kiss, one taste of you, my Magdalena

I bear witness to this place, this prayer, so long forgotten

So pure, so rare, to witness such an earthly goddess

That I'd sell my soul, my self-esteem a dollar at a time

For one chance, one kiss, one taste of you, my black Madonna

I'd sell my soul, my self-esteem a dollar at a time

For one taste, one taste, one taste of you, my Magdalena

hmm...rev. maynard....hmmmm

i think i read somewhere the author/s/ of that 'holy blood, holy grail' were planning to sue or have tried to sue dan brown. they said he stole entire theories and lines from them. ahaha i'm not sure if they just wanted money or if dan brown really is a litte line stealer

Originally posted by casekonly@Nov 19 2004, 05:31 AM

took the words right out of my mouth...

I thought the DaVinci code was great even though it's not a true story.. but it's based on alot of factual research..

But you should definitely read HolyBlood, HolyGrail which also has sort of a sequel that follows it which is basically further research and new findings called The Messianic Legacy.

There's also a collectors Edition magazine size booklet that was just published by U.S. News called "secrets of the DaVinci code" that's really interesting.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Nov 19 2004, 12:12 PM

even Michael Douglas would be better than Tom Hanks.

i think in the book he's described as a harrison ford type... and reading the book i kept picturing him like that... and i don't know all indiana jones and shit. whatever he might not be the best actor but he just seems so right!

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by dirtyhoodrat@Nov 19 2004, 12:32 PM

i think in the book he's described as a harrison ford type... and reading the book i kept picturing him like that... and i don't know all indiana jones and shit. whatever he might not be the best actor but he just seems so right!

Yeah, you can tell the author was totally all about Harrison Ford playing the role. I fucking HATE it when authors make that decision for you... I love starting a book and taking a few minutes each time a character is introduced to put a face on it (usually an actor) that I decide on my own. Harrison Ford is good but he's already been so many memorable characters (Indy, Jack ryan, Han Solo, Jethro the bus driver) that I can't envision him playing another iconic role.

the book doesn't realy have a factual leg to stand on, according to several extremely intelligent and informed da Vinci experts i saw speak on da Vinci and the book.

but it does raise some interesting ideas.

my ma loved it.

i still haven't gotten around to it cuz i don't really care for fiction..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

^You know, the thing is... the book really isn't that much about Da Vinci at all. He's just used as a device to further the plot... the juiciness of the book is the perspective it brings on what we think Jesus's life was like, which you've already probably heard about; it doesn't really affect the story all that much if the da Vinci bits aren't super accurate (although you can see all the paintings alluded to in the book and see for yourself if what the author describes is real or not... their interpretation is a whole other thing though). Everything else about the book pretty much follows your standard paperback pageturner (I won't front, I fucking love 'em) format. Thi is what worries me about the movie adaptation... there's no element of surprise to carry what would otherwise be an ordinary search-for-clues story.

i have no clue what all was fact amongst the fiction... i can't remember all the "wow is this for real parts" becauses its been a bit since i read it. i just remember the last supper picture had me throwed. i looked it up and was shocked. all those art classes studying the fucking thing and i never noticed that was a woman in it? i suppose just the idea it has to be twelve disciples and they are known to be men... but still what the fuck was i doing in my little art classes is beyond me. eeeh it gives me the creeps.

well anyone would know that if u really know leonardo da vinci well the book would've been called Leonardo's Code rathe than the da vinci code =x i think it was a real good book though it led me to read angels & demons, deception point, and digital fortress. they're all pretty good. =P with the da vinci code i think alot of people think it's all fact just because it contains the beliefs of some people