cops fucking haunt me. (sorta graff related)

SARSdealer

it seems like everytime i even think about doing a spot, mother fuckers always seem to pop up..even when im jus thinking about it....heres 2 perfect examples....

2 weeks ago, it was a nice day..sunny and shit and im bored so i think tomyself mabey ill go do a chill wall or somthing since i havent painted in a while..so open up my window to see how warm it was..and as i open it and look out and i think "its pretty nice, i should go do that chill spot" and jus as i finish that thought.... 2 motherfucking cop cars come flying in through my apartments driveway...(they were passing thru to go to the other apartments)

number 2...

last night im eyeing this train line spot i been wanting to do, but its always really live around the area cause it can be seen by the street and theres a bar right there too so there always alot of people...so im like fuck it im gonna do this spot. the second i pull in the parking lot to get my paint and roll..and fucking cops flys up behind me and shines his highbeams and throws on his lights.. apparently i have the same car as a guy that jus got into a fight at the bar..but after talking ot for to find out i wasnt a 38 year old black guy he said happy new year and bounced.

mabey im jus over supersticious(sp?) but i believe that if your supposed to do somthing, shit will be alright....but if your not supposed to do somthing..there will always be signs to stop you.

and as i think back on shit i did, and got caught or in trouble for..there was always signs i should have noticed enough to stop.

maybe im jus a fucking idiot...there are soo many more examples.

heres another quick one...me and my friend go to do this line spot..but to get to it u have to wlk on the tracks from the street..so we get in no problem..it starts to rain so i do somthing quick and bounce...soon as we walk out and fucking cop passes us and turn on the next block..so we throw our bags, and start walking fast to the car..the second we get it and cop pulls up behind me..ask what were doing, why we were on the tracks. all that bullshit..he let us go cause we had a story planned out..but still..shit is wack. and i remember when i was going to pick up my friend..i saw 2 cop cars with their lights on, in the railroad tracks in my town..but i didnt think twice about it...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

police scanner? i might be thinking of the wrong thing but the police scanner im thinking of only goes off when the cop car's radar is on. however, they only have this on when they're hidding in spots to catch speeders..well at least thats what it is used for. they're legal in a few states.

oh and, youll just have to wait till you get caught. haha

yeah that happened to me the other day....me and a friend were scoping this roof to do in beantown, and he drove through a red light right in front of a pig....he had a warrant in mass, and went to jail for a few hours until i bailed him out.......no, we didnt paint that roof yet

Originally posted by SARSdealer

i believe that if your supposed to do somthing, shit will be alright....but if your not supposed to do somthing..there will always be signs to stop you.

yea same, i try to be more in tune with my instincts now

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

police scanner? i might be thinking of the wrong thing but the police scanner im thinking of only goes off when the cop car's radar is on. however, they only have this on when they're hidding in spots to catch speeders..well at least thats what it is used for. they're legal in a few states.

You're thinking of those things people have in their cars. He's talking about actually listening to their conversation.

i'm not superstitious and i don't believe in luck or fate, but i know what you're talking about. i have a three strikes rule. if three things go wrong, i'm done. my stomach hurts, get cut on a fence, slow drive-by by a cop, i'm out. shoelace comes untied, i think i hear a shoulder radio, i get sweat in my eye, i'm out. it's never failed me, and i have no shame about leaving a roof unfinished for a couple nights til i can go back. sometimes whoever i'm bombing with gets pissed off about it, "we've been planning on this for hella long! what the fuck?" but i still bounce. your body has natural danger sensors and i try to listen to mine. i'd rather get spooked a hundred times and get away than be caught once. jail sucks.

I have a police scanner. They dont work for doing crime really. This is because they have multiple channels for each city. A city of about 50,000 people near me has 2 channels. Another one that is 100,000 has 4. I beleive they are listed online but still. Okay, so even if you could listen to all the police channels in your whole city, the only times they talk is when they need to dispatch someone to a 911 call, or call for backup. Exceptions occour. This means you have no idea where a cop will be cruising or whatever. And they talk really quickly in code numbers which you can learn, but it is annoying. Thinks like:

This is unit 43, we have a 5-55.

Unit 43 go ahead and preform a 22.

Whatever im making up the numbers, but thats how it goes. It is kinda fun to listen to though. I have an old school scanner from before cell and portable phones. So i can listen to cell phone conversations and sometimes people on portable phones. My friend dropped it on the ground so now it is broken. Ok.

there are a bunch of channels for every city, but you dont need detective channels. i had a nice one where i could save channels and put it on scan, so if there was no talking on one channel it would go to the next. its not really good for bombing but its fun to listen to. mine broke too, the antenna broke off and i didnt exactly have a warantee for it lol.

some shit like that happened to me before....i was sittin at a chill spot not doing anything for a while i sat there fr about an hour with my boy at 4am and no cops or any car at all passed by then right when i pulled out a can to paint...took the cap off....put my finger on the tip....and put it up to the wall ..eeeeeeeerrrrooooooooooooo *ghettopolicesiren* then we ran down the tracks to the other side RIGHT smack into a police station parking lot!!

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

thats called a radar detector

theres probably just as many cops around when your not thinking about or painting but you pay no attention

but when your doing naughty things, you pay attention to everything and it will look like there are police everywhere, which there would be anyway

huh?

i had this thing where i was about to go with bros to paint.i had to meet them there, so i bike over to the spot, and no one is there. so i bike arownd looking for the guys...nothing then i see one of them running looking frantic, tells me they gots busted, ditched and one of em was MIA(he got caught)

another i was invited to this art show, i couldent attend, so my ride goes to the show but gets side tracked and goes to hit up a cop car....THEy get busted hardcore and spend the night in the slammer.

saints be prazed!

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by SARSdealer

mabey im jus over supersticious(sp?) but i believe that if your supposed to do somthing, shit will be alright....but if your not supposed to do somthing..there will always be signs to stop you.

If this is the case, then I'm definitely not supposed to go on the weeklong road trip I'm about to embark on tomorrow morning. Three of us got sick with the flu this week (one with bronchitis), two of the cars needed for the trip broke down, the weather has taken a turn for the worse, the ferries that take us to certain islands have been cancelled due to big waves, and all the camping spots that needed reservations are closed down for one reason or another.

We're still going regardless.

yeah, I have a lot to say about this stuff. It's funny, right now I'm changing my 12 oz Avatar, it's like it's like, someone is watching me.

Yeah, I abide by the two strikes rule though, cuz you know three is going to be a zinger. So when to funky things happen I put on my running shoes and cock an ear for strike three.

Oh fuck, no avatars, what was that anyway, mods as personal gods/demons?

Recentely I've been paying attention to numerological signs. & now my favorite number is five, I like to get a 2-2 count and then hit a line drive into right field.

by the way, I hear you on that orange alert shit. Hahaha, shit isn't funny. We had pigs hanging out outside the party. You know what I like though, using other people as like messenger pigeons, cause you can tell when there's a cop around based on how other people act, it's like when there's a tiger in the jungle.

to sum it up, I like to believe in all that hokey dokey stuff, it gives me something to think about when I'm dragging my ass around the city. Just don't let that get too outa control, ya have to be your own man.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by metallix

its called selective perception . . look it up on google or any psychology text book. tootles.

nobody will do this because it might actually answer the original poster's concerns and it requires reading. This I have learned in my time here.

i get the exact same shit. Almost every time i even remotely think of doing something illegal 5-0 cruises by.

My current theory is as follows:

-developments in technology have enabled cheaper, accuratter surveilance, enabling swift apprehension of potential criminiminals

-(in london anyway)Mayor Ken Livingstone plans to increase the police force by an extra 15-20 000 officers. This was based on Giuliani's model of New York, which apparently cut crime by 60% boosting Giuliani to superhero status, i.e not even batman could do that, ninja. also i hope u lot as writers realise it's now on like a scone.

-surveillance of all other types: library books, shit bought with debit/credit cards, websites visited etc.

-i think they're using the 'war on terror' to invade everyones privacy so as to have total control

Archived