Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

cops fucking haunt me. (sorta graff related)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SARSdealer, Jan 1, 2004.

1. SARSdealer

SARSdealer Junior Member

it seems like everytime i even think about doing a spot, mother fuckers always seem to pop up..even when im jus thinking about it....heres 2 perfect examples....

2 weeks ago, it was a nice day..sunny and shit and im bored so i think tomyself mabey ill go do a chill wall or somthing since i havent painted in a while..so open up my window to see how warm it was..and as i open it and look out and i think "its pretty nice, i should go do that chill spot" and jus as i finish that thought.... 2 motherfucking cop cars come flying in through my apartments driveway...(they were passing thru to go to the other apartments)
    number 2...

last night im eyeing this train line spot i been wanting to do, but its always really live around the area cause it can be seen by the street and theres a bar right there too so there always alot of people...so im like fuck it im gonna do this spot. the second i pull in the parking lot to get my paint and roll..and fucking cops flys up behind me and shines his highbeams and throws on his lights.. apparently i have the same car as a guy that jus got into a fight at the bar..but after talking ot for to find out i wasnt a 38 year old black guy he said happy new year and bounced.

mabey im jus over supersticious(sp?) but i believe that if your supposed to do somthing, shit will be alright....but if your not supposed to do somthing..there will always be signs to stop you.

and as i think back on shit i did, and got caught or in trouble for..there was always signs i should have noticed enough to stop.

maybe im jus a fucking idiot...there are soo many more examples.

heres another quick one...me and my friend go to do this line spot..but to get to it u have to wlk on the tracks from the street..so we get in no problem..it starts to rain so i do somthing quick and bounce...soon as we walk out and fucking cop passes us and turn on the next block..so we throw our bags, and start walking fast to the car..the second we get it and cop pulls up behind me..ask what were doing, why we were on the tracks. all that bullshit..he let us go cause we had a story planned out..but still..shit is wack. and i remember when i was going to pick up my friend..i saw 2 cop cars with their lights on, in the railroad tracks in my town..but i didnt think twice about it...

2. Im Broke

Im Broke Senior Member

38 year old black guy?? crazy! that was me in my past life!:crazy:

3. •nakEd

•nakEd New Jack

haha yeah, i rember that shit in the rain, that was bullshitt

dude we need to get a police scanner then we'll know whats up.

4. Milton

Milton Senior Member

Milton
    Beenpulledovermorethan50timesfor"broken"taillightsoner

5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

:idea: well maybe...;)

6. ASN

ASN Junior Member

i have a police scanner....they are good for amtrak but otherwise you need to know alot of the codes and know what street your on incase they mention it.

7. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

police scanner? i might be thinking of the wrong thing but the police scanner im thinking of only goes off when the cop car's radar is on. however, they only have this on when they're hidding in spots to catch speeders..well at least thats what it is used for. they're legal in a few states.

oh and, youll just have to wait till you get caught. haha

8. miffy

miffy Banned

yeah that happened to me the other day....me and a friend were scoping this roof to do in beantown, and he drove through a red light right in front of a pig....he had a warrant in mass, and went to jail for a few hours until i bailed him out.......no, we didnt paint that roof yet

9. caL

caL Senior Member

yea same, i try to be more in tune with my instincts now

10. Oprah Oner

Oprah Oner Junior Member

maybe you just suck at graffiti

11. SARSdealer

SARSdealer Junior Member

thats besides the point.

12. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

You're thinking of those things people have in their cars. He's talking about actually listening to their conversation.

13. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

i'm not superstitious and i don't believe in luck or fate, but i know what you're talking about. i have a three strikes rule. if three things go wrong, i'm done. my stomach hurts, get cut on a fence, slow drive-by by a cop, i'm out. shoelace comes untied, i think i hear a shoulder radio, i get sweat in my eye, i'm out. it's never failed me, and i have no shame about leaving a roof unfinished for a couple nights til i can go back. sometimes whoever i'm bombing with gets pissed off about it, "we've been planning on this for hella long! what the fuck?" but i still bounce. your body has natural danger sensors and i try to listen to mine. i'd rather get spooked a hundred times and get away than be caught once. jail sucks.

14. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

I have a police scanner. They dont work for doing crime really. This is because they have multiple channels for each city. A city of about 50,000 people near me has 2 channels. Another one that is 100,000 has 4. I beleive they are listed online but still. Okay, so even if you could listen to all the police channels in your whole city, the only times they talk is when they need to dispatch someone to a 911 call, or call for backup. Exceptions occour. This means you have no idea where a cop will be cruising or whatever. And they talk really quickly in code numbers which you can learn, but it is annoying. Thinks like:
    This is unit 43, we have a 5-55.
    Unit 43 go ahead and preform a 22.

Whatever im making up the numbers, but thats how it goes. It is kinda fun to listen to though. I have an old school scanner from before cell and portable phones. So i can listen to cell phone conversations and sometimes people on portable phones. My friend dropped it on the ground so now it is broken. Ok.

15. Hank Parker

Hank Parker Senior Member

what do you mean only black people get harassed.