Coolest website in the world for the next 31 hours

Walid Jumblat

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, Al Ahram, the national non-govt news paper ran a spread about an hour ago saying that Morsi would either step down or "be sacked" today.

Not sure what "sacked" actually means and who's going to tell him he's out of a job. One may assume that means the military will be the arbiter of the exective. However I'm somewhat skeptical that the mil will conduct what is essentially a coup d'etat.

Under U.S. law, no American aid can go to any country "whose duly elected head of government is deposed by military coup."

No aid for Egypt anytime soon? 1.50 billion USD yearly

yeah, that sucks....i already feel bad for them.

they had their revolution hijacked (pun intended) by the MB (even if morsi was democratically elected, many weren't expecting this)

and theyve lost TONS of money from the tourist industry in their country taking a hit.

and now, no more aid.

i hope things work out for them...it would suck to lose them as a u.s. friendly country in the middle east (which we kind of did after mubarak)

Well the mil has really disabled the MB. They've taken their TV stations, arrested a large amount of their top strata and some of their 'gatherings' have been attacked with their remaining protest surrounded by mil forces.

So they've had their ability to organise severely undermined without their leadership and means to communicate and they've been shown what will happen to them if they try to mobilise. With that in mind it's difficult to see them responding strongly in the immediate.

I've heard an interesting comment that I haven't read in to yet - this has shown that it's more 'productive' to be a jihadist rather than an Islamist.