1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

cookies

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by nozaki, Dec 1, 2005.

1. nozaki

nozaki 12oz Senior Member

cookies

Discussion started by nozaki - Dec 1, 2005

this is kind of retarded, but i'm in the mood to start baking early for the holidays, and all the recipes i've found online so far are pretty lame. post your favorite recipe.

these look pretty good...they're bars of some sort

1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup white corn syrup
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup white sugar
    6 cups cornflakes cereal
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    2/3 cup peanuts

large saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and white sugar. Cook stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and quickly mix in the cornflakes, chocolate chips and peanuts until evenly coated.
    Press the entire mixture gently into a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.

:lick:

nozaki - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Dec 1, 2005

I have a recipe...

.....for disaster!

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  3. Entro123

Entro123 12oz Junior Member

Entro123 - Replied Dec 1, 2005

Not a cookie, but a sick cake. yeah CAEK!

For the cake:
    400g plain flour
    250g golden caster sugar
    100g light muscovado sugar
    50g best quality cocoa powder
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    ½ tsp salt
    3 eggs
    142ml/small tub sour cream
    1 tbsp vanilla extract
    175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
    125ml corn oil
    300ml chilled water

For the fudge icing:
    175g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
    250g unsalted butter, softened
    275g icing sugar, sifted
    1 tbsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
    Butter and line the bottom of two 20cm sandwich tins.
    In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and salt. In another bowl or wide-necked measuring jug whisk together the eggs, sour cream and vanilla until blended.
    Using a freestanding or handheld electric mixer, beat together the melted butter and corn oil until just blended (you’ll need another large bowl for this if using the hand whisk; the freestanding mixer comes with its own bowl), then beat in the water. Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix together on a slow speed.
    Add the egg mixture, and mix again until everything is blended and then pour into the prepared tins. And actually, you could easily do this manually; I just like my toys and find the KitchenAid a comforting presence in itself.
    Bake the cakes for 50-55 minutes, or until a cake-tester comes out clean. Cool the cakes in their tins on a wire rack for 15 minutes, and then turn the cakes out onto the rack to cool completely.
    To make the icing, melt the chocolate in the microwave – 2-3 minutes on medium should do it – or in a bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water, and let cool slightly.
    In another bowl, beat the butter until it's soft and creamy (again, I use the KitchenAid here) and then add the sieved icing sugar and beat again until everything's light and fluffy. I know sieving is a pain, the one job in the kitchen I really hate, but you have to do it or the icing will be unsoothingly lumpy. Then gently add the vanilla and chocolate and mix together until everything is glossy and smooth.
    Sandwich the middle of the cake with about a quarter of the icing, and then ice the top and sides, too, spreading and smoothing with a rubber spatula

CAEK (ALL CAPS!) it's fuckin good too.

It's from BBC foods, nigella who makes it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not that it matters

Entro123 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Dec 1, 2005

[​IMG]

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  5. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

shameless self promotion - Replied Dec 1, 2005

I got some special brownies for ya.

shameless self promotion - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  6. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow 12oz Senior Member

I.C.Shadow - Replied Dec 1, 2005

Baby Chocolate Chip Weed-Cookies:

Ingredients:
    3 plush babies
    1 tube chocolate chip cookie dough batter (Pilsbury)
    1/4oz. weed (or weed in butter)

Directions:
    slice babies into tiny ribblet squares (think small sushi bite-size bits).
    mix into cookie batter with marijuana/butter.
    bake at 450degrees for 8-12 minutes. it kicks it in, fierce.

I.C.Shadow - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: