Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

conway tidbits from trains mag...

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by NOVAGIRL, May 4, 2002.

1. NOVAGIRL

NOVAGIRL Member

good series about yards...

conway:

hump yard opened 1956 completed in 1959

two yards in one...with separate eastbound and westbound classification areas

classification capacity of 9000 cars a day

double-track humps...which is incredible to see in action

continuously welded rail...

568 acres..."world's largest yard"

conway makes me drool, literally...:D

2. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

where's the conway yard?

3. CROW RA

CROW RA Senior Member

whats up nova? how's life been?

http://freephoto-i.net/users/crowra/crowcode.JPG'>
    crow-code-2002-

4. NOVAGIRL

NOVAGIRL Member

yo...mr. crowdaddy...

conway is west of the steel city...

i dont paint there i just watch in utter amazement...i'm sure you've heard this before but..."oh my god it's so fuckin big!"

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i actually have a hump yard in my area.....i took a drive down there and was absolutly amazed.....very, very big and very, very busy.....didnt look like the kind of place anyone but a railworker would have buisness being in, regardless of how much you know about the workings of the yard.......i would have loved to have a better spot to just sit and watch, you could spend an entire day at one of these places and never get bored......

6. Rolln

Rolln Member

Yes, Conway is a literal sea of trains, you cant see either end of the yard even when up on the hill in middle. Its unbeleaviable..

trivia--- What fr8 bomber was born in the hospital over looking the Conway yard at the center???

7. Rolln

Rolln Member

hint 1, Someone from BA..

8. Remi Martin

Remi Martin New Jack

I'm going to feel like a idiot if the obvious escaped me....

9. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

i know, i know...

starts with a j and ends with an e...any one else care to fill in the blanks?