Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Considering starting a new life in Europe...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Tyler Durden, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

Yeah. So lately, I'm toying with this idea of just leaving and going to Europe with no intentions of coming back immediately, or soon, or possibly ever. In all reality I probably wont do it. But in a few months if I have money and a few "bad things" happen, I may just up and leave.

Now, I've never been to outside of the US and Canada before...But what cities are "good" as far as prices of rents/homes and neccesities, and what are some "unique" things that you enjoy? Here's a few impressions that I have already, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

London: Expensive. But seems vastly interesting. Probably alot like NY in parts. But probably too expensive for me.

Paris: Expensive. Locals miiiight be kind of rude, although, what city doesnt have people like that? Probably also too expensive for me. And most likely too touristy...

Copenhagen: Probably the front runner. I've heard pretty much nothing but good things about this city as far as everyone riding bikes and people being pretty pleasant on the whole.

Please, add on. Build with me...

2. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

london is supposedly one of the most expensive cities in the world.
    Certainly the idea of moving to another country and having to live in a suburb
    far away from the action doesn't seem to be all that appealing.

Greece probably has lots of housing because of the last Olympics.
    As 'Our Man In Greece' about that one, because I'm just guessing.
    I hear Athens can be expensive too.

3. Tyler Durden

Yeah, I'm definetly looking to stick to a city as opposed to the 'burbs go since I plan on taking full advantage of public transportation.

I've heard that Athens/Rome has some pretty bad areas of town. I'm not sure how they would compare with bad areas of NYC and stuff, but I'm guessing theres alot of muggings and stuff that go on. Maybe its mostly tourists though....

Although I'm sure every city has its less-than-stellar areas, I'd rather not get robbed on a consistant basis.

4. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

If you're looking for a euro experience without quite as
    serious a plunge, take a look at Montreal. It certainly doesn't
    feel anything like your average american city. Just a thought.

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Are we only talking major cities here? Are smaller cities/towns out of the question?

6. Tyler Durden

Yeah. I live in the NY metro area and I've been considering making the drive up there. I think its only 8 or so hours.

The Europe thing is really more of me just leaving everything and going far, far away....Montreal would probably be way too close.

7. Tyler Durden

Smaller cities/towns could work. Or areas that are on the outskirts of decent sized cities. So long as theres good mass transit.

8. Tyler Durden

Also, I'm very interested in Scandanvia. Most of my family is Norwegian (Great-grand parents/grand father are "off the boat"...). My father took a trip back there when he got out of college and said it was an incredible area. The only drawback I could think of with Scandanavia would be the climate. Winters here are bad enough. I'd very much prefer someplace that doesnt get below 20 degrees (farenheit...) on a regular basis...

9. beardo

beardo Guest

everyone i know seems to fall in love with spain. ive got a friend whose lived there on and off for a while now.

10. beardo

beardo Guest

madrid being the obvious big city

11. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

"if some bad things happen"

thats the summary of your life.

12. SPORTO

SPORTO Senior Member

For 'Quality of Life' Scandanvia is it.
    But as for living there permantly as a regular citizen,
    its more expensive than London or Paris.

After the shit that went down in sweltering Orleans,
    the cold nights, with a couple o shots a vodka will seem bearable.

13. deposit

deposit New Jack

i recomend these and surrounding areas such as barcelona ( very dope city as long as your "wise"), amsterdam( same goes here ) , dublin ( can be pricey ), glasgow ( easy access to the rest of uk and cheaper to live brilliant atmosphere and not in england < no offense btw.... great city :king: )

hope this helps

14. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

dont go to Poland..

15. TRAMP

TRAMP Member

I've been considering this for sometime myself.
    Berlin isn't too expensive and it's really fucking dope. also, Budapest is cool and pretty cheap as well. that's probably where I'd gravitate towards but, once you get out there, you tend to find yourself where you totally weren't expecting to be. shit's dope. hope things works out.