Connecting to 12oz by phone/pda (cellular)?

misteraven

Saw that Drexel Univ thread and a comment made me wonder how many of you guys connect or regulalrly connect to thsi board via cellular? Personally, I used to do it quite a bit using a t-mobile side kick and found it to actually be usable. However, I was thinking maybe down the road if enough people seem to be connecting off the street like that, that maybe I'll allow selectable templates and do a version with no graphics or heavy formatting that would be optimized for tiny screens.

Anyone?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Damn, Raven...you should go for president or something with your want to accomodate for everyone

26 has a point though, there's people on here who get too much 12oz at work/home, let alone being able to go anywhere with their phones and still be on 12oz, that means Tease could post 2x more..

It's a good idea though, but I'm going with boogie hands

Its fairly expensive isnt it ?

I can connect to the net via my cell phone, but i choose not too as it can become fairly costly. Id rather just pay my 15-25cents (aus) to connect at home and post on twelve oz.

i can access 12 oz from my cell but for some reason it doesnt allow me to post or see pics. i have no idea what format my cell phone is on but for japanese mobile phones they have ezweb, imode, etc. some read html some dont. i would use it, especially on the train.

this website is actually one of the best webpages i bring up using my sidekick it loads quickly, and the content does not get all jummbled it keeps very well formated, so its easy to navigate, and even threads with images will load to a certian degree like a few but if there is like 30 images then its a problem but thats a given since there is no memory for it to store anywhere

the 2 features i really like when on my sidekick

:the drop down box and go button function i use to refresh from anywhere instead of hitting back to get where i started then refresh

:and after you make a post it has a link so you can be taken back to the thread and it refreshes alot of messages boards you a redirection script witch dosent work so i would have to once again hit the back button till i got where i started adn then refresh

all in all i would say as far as using this website via a sidekick this website is fine the way it is i would leave it

Coincidentally I got to try this a week or two ago.... It was on one of those new cellphone/pda/camera things.... and I mean new as in a newer model of those newly thought up combo contraptions.... Anyhow, due to the frames on the starting pages, I could not get to login.... I have not much use for cellphone connectivity to this site (or any other one).... but I'm sure someone does, it would be cool to have a special page for mobile users to view newly posted pictures from the benches.