confessions of a pizza delivery man

kodak

DROPPED PIZZAS - Bored young pizza-makers often try to twirl pizzas overhead just like in the movies - but inexperienced workers frequently drop them. They'd just pick the pizza up off the floor, blow the dust off and stick it in the oven.

DIRTY HANDS - In two of the shops I worked for, none of the staffers ever washed their hands, even after using the bathroom

BUG "TOPPING" - You'd often see cockroaches scuttling over the dough, If the staffers saw one they'd crush it, right on the pizza. They'd try to scrape it off, but they could never get all of it.

"If there were some legs or stuff left behind, they used to joke, 'Oh well, adds to the flavor.'"

SNEEZING WORKERS - One guy we nicknamed 'Sneezy' because he sneezed on the pizza dough so often. Another guy used to have a chronic cough and when he let one loose, droplets of phlegm would spray everywhere."

ROAMING PETS - In one shop, they had a pet cat that was allowed to roam around freely. You'd see its fur drifting onto a pizza and nobody did anything about it."

CIGARETTE BUTTS - Smoking is epidemic in pizza shops, Occasionally ashes or a whole cigarette butt falls into the dough. The guys try to dig out as much as they can, but once in a while a butt gets through."

RECYCLED PIZZAS - At one shop, if they couldn't find an address, they'd bring the pizza back and let it sit around for days till someone ordered the same thing

LAXATIVES, NUTS & BOLTS - If you don't give the delivery person a decent tip, you can be pretty sure that the next time you order a pizza, it will come with a little 'extra topping,' of one kind or another

SAT-ON PIZZAS - Not all the abuse done to pizzas is malicious - some is all in good fun.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by kodak

CIGARETTE BUTTS - Smoking is epidemic in pizza shops, Occasionally ashes or a whole cigarette butt falls into the dough. The guys try to dig out as much as they can, but once in a while a butt gets through.

Once I found one of those under my pizza, I laughed.

Guest THEdude
Originally posted by mr.e

i also hope he really didnt work at that one.

Grandola, are we talking about the same one? 210?

yeah I'm pretty sure it's the same one

Guest THEdude
Originally posted by kodak

no actually it was on jackson keller and west ave.

:eek: :eek:

dude!

I was so close of going to that one

hooray for living on the northside, but everytime i go to the yard i end up somehow getting a pizza from that bitch. one of my friends usually treks over there and hooks it up.

next time i'll tell him to keep his nut pizza to himself.

Originally posted by mr.e

hooray for living on the northside, but everytime i go to the yard i end up somehow getting a pizza from that bitch. one of my friends usually treks over there and hooks it up.

next time i'll tell him to keep his nut pizza to himself.

where do you live by?

Archived