Confederate Flag

Guest Canadiano

Guest Canadiano

What's the deal? What the fuck is wrong with it? Why the hell do they want it off certain buildings? Why was Bodice hated on 'cuz she owned one? Why is it so taboo?

I think it's an awsome looking flag, and if I was a Southerner, I'd rock that shit all over.

I'm not white, nor were my ancestors slaves.

You can't say it represents slavery, 'cuz it doesn't make sense. I'm out - I'll be back to grade you.

http://www.cultural-expressions.com/thesis/confederate.gif'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest --zeSto--

I found one in my house while cleaning.

It looks really old and it's not your average cheapo-gas-station flag.

I'm not about to put it up in the window,

but I'm not going to burn it.

after all....

One day the south will rise again.

damn, where are you from? Canada or someshit? That flag was one of several confederate battle flags used by the racist south back in the days of the civil war. After the war the flag was used by many extremist hate groups such as the kkk to represent white domination over african americans.

Guest postaholic

^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol:

nothing is wrong with it man... it just signifies that youre a white supremicist and you love killing black folks for growing up on hiphop and that you were a slave trader in your past life, and that you think blacks are good for nothing except pickin' tha rich white mans cotton of his fields and not paying them...

you bastard mutha fucker you!!!!

JUST KIDDING. :D :D :D

but fuck that flag anyways... people always trying to claim some other shit...

so by your rational, theres nothing wrong with germany continuing to use the swastika as its national symbol? that jews, russians, italians and gypseys shouldnt feel any alienation, sorrow, or anger when they see the flag flying above their government buildings?

that they will be able to remove the fact that under its rule, 13 million people were murdered?

100 million africans died or were murdered during the slave trade, dont tell me the flag that the slave owners chose to represent themselves, doesnt still carry that debt on its back.

it's a symbol of america's early stupidity regarding the right to own slaves, and therefore i think it's really embarassing. it represents how far the southern states took the fight for slavery.

unfortunately, racist americans have adopted the flag to show which side of the civil rights fence they stand on, to this day.

yeah....so, being where im from, you can imagine that the flag is highly visible...and it is. you catch it on license plates, car windows, in peoples yards, etc.... and yeah, its also still used by the klan and other white supremacist groups....but those people are all fucking morons...and theyre spread all over the country, not just in the south....as far as it being a symbol of hate, thats the way its perceived, and it probably always will be...

the thing is though, that not all people who take pride in the flag are racist...some are just proud to be from the south....hell, lots of punk rock kids and the few writers here rock that shit on beltbuckles and flyers.....like myself, im into collecting some confederate shit, but im by NO MEANS a racist....just proud to be from my area (despite all the terrible shit that our ancestors did)....in the long run though, shits not gonna change....people are always going to find something to bitch about, and in all actuality, i guess they probably have a good reason....

Guest drunken phil
Originally posted by alabama

yeah....so, being where im from, you can imagine that the flag is highly visible...and it is. you catch it on license plates, car windows, in peoples yards, etc.... and yeah, its also still used by the klan and other white supremacist groups....but those people are all fucking morons...and theyre spread all over the country, not just in the south....as far as it being a symbol of hate, thats the way its perceived, and it probably always will be...

the thing is though, that not all people who take pride in the flag are racist...some are just proud to be from the south....hell, lots of punk rock kids and the few writers here rock that shit on beltbuckles and flyers.....like myself, im into collecting some confederate shit, but im by NO MEANS a racist....just proud to be from my area (despite all the terrible shit that our ancestors did)....in the long run though, shits not gonna change....people are always going to find something to bitch about, and in all actuality, i guess they probably have a good reason....

dude where are you? the only place i ever go when im in the states is alabama. mobile and birmingham. i need someone to show me around. hit me up on aim: partialminded

~PUkE

i was in this tattoo shop a couple weeks ago, and one of the tattooers was telling me about the black guy that came in wanting a confederate flag tattooed... when the tattooer said he wouldn't do it the guy then asked if he would tattoo his girlfriend (of 2 weeks) 's name on his neck... it was funny stuff...

Guest willy.wonka

i'll tell you one thing...mapo makes me want to become the first brown boy to throw on the pointy hood and wave that flag around.

I don't have a problem if the flag is being flown to represent a southern state or in any other tasteful manner...

I really hate it when people assume that all it fucking symbolizes is racism, KKK, slavery, cotton, and good ole boys. I don't mind those people as long as they keep it to themselves, but if they want to have a fucking argument about it, they can get the dilznick anyday of the week. Word.

I hate the good ole boys that fly it out the back of their truck. Dumbasses.

Originally posted by seeking

so by your rational, theres nothing wrong with germany continuing to use the swastika as its national symbol? that jews, russians, italians and gypseys shouldnt feel any alienation, sorrow, or anger when they see the flag flying above their government buildings?

that they will be able to remove the fact that under its rule, 13 million people were murdered?

100 million africans died or were murdered during the slave trade, dont tell me the flag that the slave owners chose to represent themselves, doesnt still carry that debt on its back.

i couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally posted by Canadiano

You can't say it represents slavery, 'cuz it doesn't make sense. I'm out - I'll be back to grade you.

look....i was going to come with a sarcastic comment on this one but sarcasim cant even hang with the retarded ass comment posted above...

at least get a little education on the subject before you go talking out of your ass......alright???

if this would be the confedarate flag, people would be against it.

but honestly lots of cool symbols and flags have bad meanings or ideas behind them, for example, the confedarate flag, swastikas, the pentogram, the mcdonalds M....

you could say that it is an embodiment of american closed mindedness in the 17 and 1800s, but isnt it closedminded also to be hating on a somebody because he thinks the flag is cool?

Guest THEdude

make your own flag.........................

with all the rainbow colors and shit on it..................

it would look good on you

seriously

you idiot, a flag is not a 'flag'...

a flag, EVERY flag, is a visual embodiment of a movement or an idea, that's the entire point of having a flag! It's a symbol that represents an ideology, forever to be associated and never to be DISassociated with, mostly, political viewpoints...

any of you who think a flag, American or otherwise, is just some piece of cloth obviously have the mental maturity of a 7 year old.

Archived