Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Confederate Flag

Discussion in 'News' started by Canadiano, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

What's the deal? What the fuck is wrong with it? Why the hell do they want it off certain buildings? Why was Bodice hated on 'cuz she owned one? Why is it so taboo?

I think it's an awsome looking flag, and if I was a Southerner, I'd rock that shit all over.

I'm not white, nor were my ancestors slaves.

You can't say it represents slavery, 'cuz it doesn't make sense. I'm out - I'll be back to grade you.
    [​IMG]

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

I found one in my house while cleaning.
    It looks really old and it's not your average cheapo-gas-station flag.

I'm not about to put it up in the window,
    but I'm not going to burn it.

after all....
    One day the south will rise again.

3. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

damn, where are you from? Canada or someshit? That flag was one of several confederate battle flags used by the racist south back in the days of the civil war. After the war the flag was used by many extremist hate groups such as the kkk to represent white domination over african americans.

4. postaholic

postaholic Guest

^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol:

nothing is wrong with it man... it just signifies that youre a white supremicist and you love killing black folks for growing up on hiphop and that you were a slave trader in your past life, and that you think blacks are good for nothing except pickin' tha rich white mans cotton of his fields and not paying them...

you bastard mutha fucker you!!!!

JUST KIDDING. :D :D :D

but fuck that flag anyways... people always trying to claim some other shit...

5. kissmyass#1

kissmyass#1 Senior Member

people need to stop worry about a dumb flag. we need to focus on killing innocent people in other countries. yet, i remember that i dont really give a fuck.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

so by your rational, theres nothing wrong with germany continuing to use the swastika as its national symbol? that jews, russians, italians and gypseys shouldnt feel any alienation, sorrow, or anger when they see the flag flying above their government buildings?
    that they will be able to remove the fact that under its rule, 13 million people were murdered?

100 million africans died or were murdered during the slave trade, dont tell me the flag that the slave owners chose to represent themselves, doesnt still carry that debt on its back.

7. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

it's a symbol of america's early stupidity regarding the right to own slaves, and therefore i think it's really embarassing. it represents how far the southern states took the fight for slavery.
    unfortunately, racist americans have adopted the flag to show which side of the civil rights fence they stand on, to this day.

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, and another thing, what's so bad about the Nazi flag? Why is Nazi paraphenallia illegal over there?

The Nazi's were dope...:mad:

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

no man, butterflys and kittens are dope.

[​IMG]

10. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

its not about how it looks, its about what it represents

11. alabama

alabama Member

yeah....so, being where im from, you can imagine that the flag is highly visible...and it is. you catch it on license plates, car windows, in peoples yards, etc.... and yeah, its also still used by the klan and other white supremacist groups....but those people are all fucking morons...and theyre spread all over the country, not just in the south....as far as it being a symbol of hate, thats the way its perceived, and it probably always will be...
    the thing is though, that not all people who take pride in the flag are racist...some are just proud to be from the south....hell, lots of punk rock kids and the few writers here rock that shit on beltbuckles and flyers.....like myself, im into collecting some confederate shit, but im by NO MEANS a racist....just proud to be from my area (despite all the terrible shit that our ancestors did)....in the long run though, shits not gonna change....people are always going to find something to bitch about, and in all actuality, i guess they probably have a good reason....

12. platapie

platapie Guest

rebels rule! i liek the dam thing

13. drunken phil

drunken phil Guest

dude where are you? the only place i ever go when im in the states is alabama. mobile and birmingham. i need someone to show me around. hit me up on aim: partialminded
    ~PUkE

14. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

i was in this tattoo shop a couple weeks ago, and one of the tattooers was telling me about the black guy that came in wanting a confederate flag tattooed... when the tattooer said he wouldn't do it the guy then asked if he would tattoo his girlfriend (of 2 weeks) 's name on his neck... it was funny stuff...

15. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

butterflies and kittens......cool