Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

concrete etch

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Maz One, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maz One

Maz One Member

hey guys, i was in some hardware stores earlier today(home depot & osh) and i was wandering around while my friend was loadin us up on paint. anyways, i stumbled across some shit called concrete etch. one of them was a powder and the other one came in a big jug and was liquid. just curious if anyone has used this shit yet and if so, had any luck? i was also wondering about possibly adding it into an ink formula as an additive, similar to brake fluid for the acidy effect.

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

etch talk is a definate no no

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

is it for cleaning concrete or actually etching it ?

4. Tre$Loco$

Tre$Loco$ Member

that shits just for cleaning concrete it's hydrochloric acid more or less, doesnt actually etch in but you'll be able to see where you put it until it get dirty

5. Maz One

Maz One Member

there was actually both. one of them was simply for cleaning. the other was for etching concrete. the bottle said something about smoothing out the grooves in concrete or leveling concrete. the bottle made it sound like it was for etching into concrete, sounded pretty heavy duty

6. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar Member

a new trend is upon us...using the buff solution to do graffiti with.
    ;)

7. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

would that make a good ink additive ?

8. Maz One

Maz One Member

it's reversing the roles, in a way. i am intrigued by it, that's the main reason i brought it up.

and for Arcel...i dont know if that would make a good additive. i am not good at mixing shit up...i definitely failed chemistry. in theory, i would say it would be a great additive

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

See... this why we can't have nice things

Ok, you kids are idiots... I could tell you all gross stories about my boy who took off his glove and stuck his hand in the acid chute at the mines and the billous wound it took 7 months to heal... instead, I won't...

I'll just tell you that it's NOT safe and now I'm just gonna close this before a whole bunch of poor advice piles up and somebody does something stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.