CONAN Fans!

Weapon X

from the official Conan site:

STELLAR CAST IN CONAN: RED NAILS

NEW ANIMATED MOVIE PLANNED FOR DVD RELEASE SUMMER 2006

Ron Perlman is Conan of Cimmeria, the most famous barbarian in all of fantasy literature. Perlman, recently playing Hellboy in the live-action movie, provides the voice of Conan for Conan: Red Nails, the very first animated film featuring the enduringly popular character. Marg Helgenberger, the star of CSI, and James Marsden, best known as Cyclops from the X-Men films, round out a stellar voice cast that also includes Clancy Brown, Cree Summer and the legendary Mark Hamill.

As the Design and Production phase winds down, Principal Animation is about to begin on this new 2-D/3-D production based on one of Robert E. Howard’s most famous stories. Howard, who created the character in 1932, was one of the great pulp authors of the day and this adaptation of Red Nails is a sprawling epic, displaying all the lush pageantry of Conan’s “Hyborian� world, while still remaining engaging, fresh, and accessible to modern audiences. As the film opens, Conan and the sexy pirate Valeria, survive battles across harsh desert and trackless jungle only to confront the mystery and horror of a fabulous lost city. Embroiled in a feud between the city’s factions, Conan must triumph over dragons, demons, and hordes of magical foes to end the war and win Valeria’s affection.

The filmmakers have assembled an impressive team of award winning visual artists. Legendary illustrator Michael Kaluta has been tapped as the Key Concept Designer for the film and has been associated with Conan and the works of Robert E. Howard for over 30 years. Further, Mark Schultz (“Cadillacs & Dinosaurs�), who recently illustrated “The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian,� now in its sixth printing for publishing house Ballantine/Del Rey, will add additional concept designs. “Our amazing design team, all of our artists, have brought a truly magical scope and pedigree to this film. Conan fans will not be disappointed,� said Gold.

“Being the first full-length animated movie about Conan, we see this as a critical production in our quest to bring the barbarian to new audiences. With an exciting script, beautiful animation and a stellar cast, we look forward to its release with tremendous anticipation.� added Fredrik Malmberg, Head of Licensing and Creative Affairs at Paradox Entertainment/Conan Properties.

Conan: Red Nails is being directed by respected animation veteran Victor Dal Chele, whose credits include "Spider-Man" and "Ghostbusters". The screenplay is by Steve Gold and Timothy Dolan with Gold and Jonathan Bogner producing. Executive producers are David R. Schwarcz and Patricia Gillum of Swordplay Entertainment along with Peter Sederowsky and Fredrik Malmberg of Paradox Entertainment, owners of the Conan property. Nicholas Temple is the film’s co-executive producer.

I'm not anything more than a casual fan, but I gotta see this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Here are some good quotes from Conan the Barbarian:

----------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: "We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?"

Mongol Warrior: "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!"

Mongol General: "Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?"

Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Mongol General: "That is good."

Conan's Father: "No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. [Points to sword.] But this... this you can trust."

Subotai: "He is Conan, Cimmerian, he won't cry, so I cry for him."

Conan: "Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, the HELL with you!"

Anyone who's met me will tell you that I'm the blackest motherfucker in the world.

Originally posted by theGOON@Dec 8 2005, 09:58 PM

/\/\wha?!?!?! my whole world, upside down...

actually, the current comic series is fantastic. one of my all time favorites actually.

definately be stoked to see a movie

Did you read the latest one, the finale of the Elephant Tower? The pay-off illustration of the elephant towering over the sorcerer was so good, made me go back and read it a couple of more times.

Originally posted by LENS@Dec 8 2005, 04:59 PM

I read all the original stories by....damn, forget the authors name.....and they're all solid. I like how there was a definite H.P. lovecraft influence in some of the Conan stories.

Lovecraft and Howard were actually collegues, they both influenced each other. Howard committied suicide when he was very young, he was troubled.