Computers:

Santa Claus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

quit being a bum man. do your layouts and text in illustrator...well, ps6 has vector text though hmm? i duno, maybe its your compresion on the jpegs, but I SEE ALIASED TEXT DAMNIT!!! nice shit though

honestly i hate graphic design...no offense but if i hear one more motherfucker tell me they are going to art school for "computer graphics" i'll go crazy...i dont know, i feel like it cheapens everything...anyone can make shit look alright with photoshop. paint a wall.

Originally posted by le man nurse

honestly i hate graphic design...no offense but if i hear one more motherfucker tell me they are going to art school for "computer graphics" i'll go crazy...i dont know, i feel like it cheapens everything...anyone can make shit look alright with photoshop. paint a wall.

i've never understood people w/ that mentality.

i can understand going to school to learn ART can cheapen something....but, as with a lotta shit thats for commerical application, you gotta know the industry standards.

its like saying i hate learning how to write, because it cheapens speaking. anyone can write a book, but how many people can make a decent speech?

i dunno...to each their own i suppose

yo dude you are fuckin trippin.

1. who gives a fuck why people go to school.

2. how does a computer cheapen an art form (design) which is based around computers anyways? that like telling someone that they shouldn't make electronic music cause it cheapens the violin. ITS A DIFFERENT STYLE!!

3. "ANYONE" isnt good at photoshop that isnt talented. the program doesnt do anything by itself you idiot.

4. you are stupid and you wont be successful because you have ignorant ideals that are based solely on lack of knowledge.

..anyone can make shit look alright with photoshop. paint a wall.

total bullshit. anyone w/ a skateboard can kickflip frontsideboardslide a 20 stair rail?, anyone w/ a car can race like Mario Andretti?, anyone w/ a can is a king?.......completely wrong. the computer is a tool, if you dont have the skills to use that tool properly, then it is useless. yeah, computers have filters and shit, but that aint what makes design good. dont dis shit you apparrently know nothing about.

sorry for over-reacting, I just hate it when my livlyhood gets dissed by know-nothing know-it-alls.

by the way, nice work Santa........

Yeah, anybody, that's why people with real photoshop skills can get $50 an hour without blinking an eye. Yeah, it's sooooo easy to work in Photoshop. It takes no creativity, no skill and no knowledge and it's not the sort of thing you can spend years and years working in and still have more to learn. I mean, all you have to do is press a single button, the application then reads your mind (or if you're not creative it thinks up a design for you) and then *voila* all the work is done. Yes, that's exactly how it works.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

wow, lots of nerves being struck in here...

i'm in the same boat as those who seemed to have took the defensive, but it's odd, i did not find lemannurse's statement the least bit offensive. i almost laughed at it. strange reaction? i don't know. drink up mr. nurse, drink up.

Guest duh-rye-won

haters may have a point

honestly, theres more than a hint of truth to what nurse is saying. everyone and their mom knows photoshop and illustrator these days. just like everyone calls themselves a graffiti artist. the main difference is that its easier to fake the computer shit. if you cant paint, or have no style, it shows on the wall. if you have no style, its easier to fake it on the computer with a bunch of cool little effects. if you're wack it WILL show in your design work. its just easier to hide the fact the you suck. i dont really use photoshop as a designer, im not too good at design. i just fuck around with the airbrush tool and paint pretty much the same way i do with cans.

just some photoshop doodles...

http://yourphotos.com/users/6586/s.jpg'>

http://yourphotos.com/users/6586/ACFF5E.jpg'>

Guest emothug
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

yo dude you are fuckin trippin.

1. who gives a fuck why people go to school.

2. how does a computer cheapen an art form (design) which is based around computers anyways? that like telling someone that they shouldn't make electronic music cause it cheapens the violin. ITS A DIFFERENT STYLE!!

3. "ANYONE" isnt good at photoshop that isnt talented. the program doesnt do anything by itself you idiot.

4. you are stupid and you wont be successful because you have ignorant ideals that are based solely on lack of knowledge.

hells yea......that fool is closed minded,scrubb.......thugging�

Originally posted by Serkoff

wow, lots of nerves being struck in here...

i'm in the same boat as those who seemed to have took the defensive, but it's odd, i did not find lemannurse's statement the least bit offensive. i almost laughed at it. strange reaction? i don't know. drink up mr. nurse, drink up.

I'm just tired of hearing it. I hear variations in the graphic design/ web design field (plenty of people who "know" Photoshop or illustrator can only use 5-15% of those apps potential), I heard it when I did comics, I hear it here. It's so shortsighted. The computer is just a new tool. That's all. Like any tool some people will overuse it, or use it as a crutch, but whatever. There's still good art done by good artists on the computer and there's still bad art done by bad artists on the computer.

Basically, this idea that working in Photoshop, Illustrator (especially, most professionals I know tap about 25% of Illustrator's potential- all they do in it is type) or Painter is easy is ridiculous and I get cranky when I hear it. I've been using these apps for years and years professionally and I'm still learning, still only using a fraction of what they're capable of.

Archived